PDA

View Full Version : The Halo Effect - Science of Attraction

hazek
11-18-2011, 03:45 AM
I think this is a very important lesson for all of us how to approach potential voters when phone banking or going door to door:

So many things can influence the decisions and judgments we make. In this Science of Attraction video for Channel 4, which is introduced by Derren Brown. Kat Akingbade and Charlie McDonnell investigate the Halo Effect and discover the impact it can have on first impressions and how others perceive you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuometYfMTk

AlexG
11-18-2011, 03:58 AM
So basically, say it with a smile. People like happy and outgoing people, big surprise

Apparition
11-18-2011, 07:52 AM
So basically, say it with a smile. People like happy and outgoing people, big surprise

What??!!
*MIND EXPLOSION HAPPENING*

hazek
11-18-2011, 08:32 AM

During all the hectic campaigning doing our best to spread the message it's important to remember the core ideas of communication and rapport. So maybe this isn't exactly a lesson but perhaps a friendly reminder that little things like trying one's best to always try and be as friendly, upbeat and smiling goes a long way in leaving a positive impression.

hazek
11-19-2011, 01:26 PM
bump

IterTemporis
11-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Smile, be humble, be kind and polite, never force any of your opinions onto others, state that it is your opinion/view, remain calm if they start to say something that you completely disagree with.

What always works for me whenever a person looks unsure about listening is to say 'I am not here to try and make you agree or side with me. Whether or not you agree or disagree with me is completely up to you. I only wish to share with you my views. ' or any variant of that. You have to say it with the right expression on your face and with humbleness. This would be an example where it is good for you to be direct.

heavenlyboy34
11-19-2011, 01:58 PM
When phone banking, remember that people can hear you smiling on the other end of the line! They like that. /former receptionist ramble

hazek
11-19-2011, 02:08 PM
When phone banking, remember that people can hear you smiling on the other end of the line! They like that. /former receptionist ramble Yep, that's true!

unknown
11-19-2011, 02:14 PM
I sometimes act semi retarded. This seems to work very well because people instantly lower their guard.