PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart: Why Doesn’t Ron Paul Get His Shot As Media Frontrunner?

Immortal Technique
11-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Jon Stewart: Why Doesn’t Ron Paul Get His Shot As Media Frontrunner?

Mediaite has picked this up now, you can find it below

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-why-doesnt-ron-paul-get-his-shot-as-media-frontrunner/

Thursday night, Daily Show host Jon Stewart took a look at Newt Gingrich‘s recent jump in the polls (at 32 percent versus Mitt Romney‘s 19 percent and Herman Cain‘s 13 percent, in fact, according to the latest Rasmussen poll) and wondered how the media could have divorced itself from Gingrich when his campaign was on its metaphorical death bed.

Stewart took a stroll down memory lane, looking back on how almost each and every GOP candidate has enjoyed his (or her) time in the media spotlight. Every candidate, that is, except for Ron Paul. What gives?

Paul’s poll numbers, Stewart reminded viewers, have been fairly consistent. Plus, everyone else has had a turn!

You’ve given everyone else a chance. For God’s sake, a woman who never entered the race — Sarah Palin — got more heat from the media.

Not untrue, as a cringe-inducing clip aptly demonstrated.

Immortal Technique
11-17-2011, 11:17 PM
updated with a link to mediaite

Conza88
11-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Cheers! Do the OWS one?

anaconda
11-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Very funny stuff.

COpatriot
11-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Amazing how much fairer guys like John Stewart and Bill Maher are to Ron, a Republican, than any "conservative" out there.

Sentient Void
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
It's siMple. Republicans and 'conservatives' don't like RP because he makes them look bad. Some 'Liberals' allegedly 'give him fairer' coverage because he creates tons of material that makes republicans and 'conservatives' look bad.

Pretty straightforward to me. I'll take it, since I dislike the republican establishment anyways.

heavenlyboy34
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
It's siMple. Republicans and 'conservatives' don't like RP because he makes them look bad. Some 'Liberals' allegedly 'give him fairer' coverage because he creates tons of material that makes republicans and 'conservatives' look bad.

Pretty straightforward to me. I'll take it, since I dislike the republican establishment anyways.
I suspect that many "traditional conservatives" have also been brainwashed by neocon propaganda. My parents have.

Travlyr
11-18-2011, 10:38 AM
I suspect that many "traditional conservatives" have also been brainwashed by neocon propaganda. My parents have.

A lot of them have. Hannity, Beck, and Levin are excellent propagandizers.

donnay
11-18-2011, 11:34 AM
A lot of them have. Hannity, Beck, and Levin are excellent propagandizers.

Limbaugh, Boortz, and O'Reilly, the list is truly endless...