PDA

View Full Version : Iranian Diplomat Ridiculed on MSNBC

Created4
11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Incredible video:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45337442/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/#.TsXNfMMr2dC

Here is a partial report giving Larijani's responses:

In a heated television exchange, a top Iranian official called the United States the world's largest source of state-sponsored terrorism, called Israel's government a "racist regime" and rejected an international report saying that Iran was trying to develop nuclear weapons.

Mohammad Javad Larijani, secretary general of the High Council for Human Rights of Iran, clashed with hosts and other guests on the MSNBC show "Morning Joe."

Larijani dismissed as "laughable" an IAEA report last week assessing that Iran has been conducting research and experiments geared to developing a nuclear weapons capability.

He said the IAEA's allegations were "based on a document put to us four years ago," adding: "It [was] discussed with the agency and the conclusion was that none of these allegations could be verified."

The whole issue was “closed” at that time, he said, because the evidence was "totally inconclusive."

He claimed Iranian transparency on nuclear programs exceeded that of Western nations and said there was "no single secret activity" concealed from international inspectors and that the United States was guilty of the "demonization of Iran," adding that Tehran had "fantastic relations with all of our neighbors."

He said Iran was not interested in producing nuclear weapons because that would be "against Islamic code." He called nuclear weapons "more liability than asset for us" and said the country's "military muscle is strong enough to repel or deter any imminent threat.”

Unbelievable how they treated this diplomat, laughing at him and ridiculing him:

Larijani's claims about the nuclear program were rejected as "preposterous" by fellow studio guest Dr. Richard Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations. He said anyone who believed an oil-rich country was building underground and undeclared nuclear facilities and using nuclear energy only to produce electricity "would seriously have to believe in the tooth fairy."

I can see no logical reason why Iran would want to pursue a nuclear weapon. Everything this guy said made perfect sense, and he was just ridiculed and insulted.

HOLLYWOOD
11-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Yes, I recorded it this past morning...CFR terrorist Richard Haass had his peasant MSNBC "Pit Bulls" attack and ridicule.

MSNBC/Morning Joe is Disgusting

eok321
11-17-2011, 09:49 PM
"Larijani's claims about the nuclear program were rejected as "preposterous" by fellow studio guest Dr. Richard Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations. He said anyone who believed an oil-rich country was building underground and undeclared nuclear facilities and using nuclear energy only to produce electricity "would seriously have to believe in the tooth fairy."

Well if America had of built enough of em when it was an oil rich country maybe we'd be energy independant by now and not starting wars all over the world.

Yeah Dick...The Tooth Fairy:rolleyes:

QuickZ06
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
WOW.

Created4
11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
MSNBC/Morning Joe is Disgusting

To be fair, Joe was not part of this lynching - he wasn't there.

COpatriot
11-17-2011, 11:06 PM
"ZOMG! but wut bout Isrull??"

oyarde
11-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I find it strange they have a council for human rights in a country where they execute people for drugs ....

oyarde
11-18-2011, 12:15 PM
And what the hell is that guy talking about ; " against Islamic Code " ? I call bs , if it is true , please have the Pakistani Ministry of Interior drop off the nukes they have in my yard :) , I will get them decorated in time for Christmas , and it will make a good swat team deterrent .

oyarde
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
I would love to know what the High Council of Human Rights in Iran is working on :)

Sullivan*
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I saw this too... They kept pushing him to express Israel's right to exist, and when he says he supports all peoples right to exist, including Palestinians, they guffawed and mooed.

HOLLYWOOD
11-18-2011, 12:38 PM
To be fair, Joe was not part of this lynching - he wasn't there.Never Said Joe Scarborough was their...

The show, Morning Joe/MSNBC, it's just the Obama re-election channel with a constant dose of CFR trash, Globalists, etc, who showboat on the MJ.

But to be fair to Joe Scarborough, He recently stated Ron Paul can't win the GOP nomination, even though latest polls have him 2nd. You don't hear Joe saying that repetitively about other candidates polling 2nd.

They're all garbage and media puppets in the typical Glenn Beck "Play" of; Poison, Sugar, Poison, in their attempt to give some inkling of credibility or fairness AKA "TRUST" / "BELIEF" to their TV characters. Paid propagandists do whatever their scripts tell them to parrot.

Philhelm
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I find it strange they have a council for human rights in a country where they execute people for drugs ....

Like the U.S.? ;)

Created4
11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Never Said Joe Scarborough was their...

The show, Morning Joe/MSNBC, it's just the Obama re-election channel with a constant dose of CFR trash, Globalists, etc, who showboat on the MJ.

But to be fair to Joe Scarborough, He recently stated Ron Paul can't win the GOP nomination, even though latest polls have him 2nd. You don't hear Joe saying that repetitively about other candidates polling 2nd.

They're all garbage and media puppets in the typical Glenn Beck "Play" of; Poison, Sugar, Poison, in their attempt to give some inkling of credibility or fairness AKA "TRUST" / "BELIEF" to their TV characters. Paid propagandists do whatever their scripts tell them to parrot.

Yes, I was disappointed Joe said that. But he has given some very nice interviews to Ron Paul. And he made that statement before the Bloomberg poll this week. I think he represents many who like Ron Paul's ideas, but just don't think he is electable. But that could all be changing now....

And yes, I agree with what you write about MSNBC. They are probably the most pro-Obama of all the news organizations. This lynching yesterday of the Iranian diplomat was just appalling. It was hard to watch....

ExPatPaki
11-18-2011, 12:57 PM
And what the hell is that guy talking about ; " against Islamic Code " ? I call bs , if it is true , please have the Pakistani Ministry of Interior drop off the nukes they have in my yard :) , I will get them decorated in time for Christmas , and it will make a good swat team deterrent .

Pakistan and Iran follow different versions of Islam. Pakistan's government isn't going to follow the fatwas of Iran's Supreme Leader.

This guy is way too smart to be giving interviews to MSNBC.

He has a bachelors in Computer Science and Mathematics and has Masters degree and Ph.D. in Western philosophy. He changed his degree choice to Western philosophy after consulting with a famous Iranian cleric.

He has written books on Kant, Kripke, and David Lewis.

CaptainAmerica
11-18-2011, 01:06 PM
the Iranian diplomat is highly intelligent. He is absolutely right,and even if they BUILT a nuclear weapon they would not want to use it because it would be the end of them in a matter of minutes.He is right to say that a weapon of mass destruction would not benefit their national security.

CaptainAmerica
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/imagenes_sociopol/sion77_01.jpg

Israel has "secret" unchecked,unspoken ,illegally obtained nuclear weaponry and a nuclear weapons producing facility. THE IRONY.

gls
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
I can see no logical reason why Iran would want to pursue a nuclear weapon.

Really? I think it's perfectly logical for Iran to want nukes. It is the ultimate (and perhaps only) way they can be certain to avoid a U.S. lead invasion/occupation of their country. If I were in charge of Iran's defense I certainly would be pushing for nuclear capabilities given the constant threats and belligerence directed toward my country.

Demigod
11-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Iranian paranoia against the USA LOOOOL

ExPatPaki
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Really? I think it's perfectly logical for Iran to want nukes.

Even Israel's defense minister, Ehud Barak said it made sense for Iran to want nukes:

During a Wednesday appearance on the PBS program Charlie Rose, Barak was asked if he would "want a nuclear weapon" were he a member of Iran's government.

"Probably, probably. I know, it's not - I don't delude myself that they are doing it just because of Israel," he responded. "They look around, they see the Indians are nuclear, the Chinese are nuclear, Pakistan is nuclear ... not to mention the Russians."

Tod
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Notice how they place him at one end of a big table and a BUNCH of them all cluster at the other end. Intentional psychological intimidation.

CaptainAmerica
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Notice how they place him at one end of a big table and a BUNCH of them all cluster at the other end. Intentional psychological intimidation. I think they are racist as well as hateful towards Iran

HOLLYWOOD
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Notice how they place him at one end of a big table and a BUNCH of them all cluster at the other end. Intentional psychological intimidation.Despicable behavior by that limousine liberal Bostonian Mike Barnicle

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/MSNBC_Morning_Joe_Ridicules.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/DSC03709.jpg

jmdrake
11-18-2011, 01:47 PM
"Larijani's claims about the nuclear program were rejected as "preposterous" by fellow studio guest Dr. Richard Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations. He said anyone who believed an oil-rich country was building underground and undeclared nuclear facilities and using nuclear energy only to produce electricity "would seriously have to believe in the tooth fairy."

Well if America had of built enough of em when it was an oil rich country maybe we'd be energy independant by now and not starting wars all over the world.

Yeah Dick...The Tooth Fairy:rolleyes:

Not to mention that Iran has severely limited oil refining capability and is dependent on gasoline imports. And how about the fact that under the Shah we encouraged Iran to develop nuclear energy?[2] Anyhow, once I read Richard Haas was involved I knew the whole show segment was a scam.

http://irancoverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/shahnuclearplants.jpg

Original_Intent
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
It's a bizarro world. I've gone from watching with approval the bombing of Iraq during Desert Storm, to now finding myself usually nodding in agreement or at the least feeling that al-Jazeera or individuals like this diplomat sound a lot more reasonable, smart, logical, and the people arguing against them seem to have an agenda, employ tactics such as shouting down or ridiculing because they have nothing to offer in the reasoned argument department. It's a rough situation and makes me feel almost unpatriotic. I feel like I am going all "Michelle Obama" at the feelings of downright SHAME regarding our country's leadership.

I have always felt that I love America, and I feel that most American's are decent people (although many have been deceived and support things that if they understood they would be horrified by their own actions). It's a very confusing and depressing place to be. But I am glad that I was awakened, even though it is painful to watch so many persist in their delusions.

Created4
11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Really? I think it's perfectly logical for Iran to want nukes. It is the ultimate (and perhaps only) way they can be certain to avoid a U.S. lead invasion/occupation of their country. If I were in charge of Iran's defense I certainly would be pushing for nuclear capabilities given the constant threats and belligerence directed toward my country.

Did you listen to the interview? It is not in their best interest for national security to pursue a nuclear weapon, because they know this will give people a reason to invade/attack them.

I found it incredibly interesting that he stated they are perfectly capable of defending their borders now, without a nuclear weapon. And they have no history of invading or attacking their neighbors. Almost sounds exactly like the kind of foreign policy Ron Paul is advocating for the U.S.: defend our borders, and stop invading other countries.