PDA

View Full Version : City Bans Fake Grass On Yards; Violators Face Criminal Charges

Rael
11-17-2011, 07:37 PM
GLENDALE (CBS) — The city of Glendale is imposing a ban on artificial grass. Notices are going out to homeowners whose front yards are covered in turf.

Geneva Dotson says she was forced to pay crews $3,000 to rip up her brand new front yard after receiving a notice from city hall.

“There’s enough drama in life without having the city breathing down my back,” says Dotson. “I’m very angry about it, to tell you the truth.”

So, what’s the gripe?

City officials say the concern is related to the plastic and chemicals used in the artificial turf.

When asked why the fake grass would continue to be allowed in backyards, officials had no answer.

A turf company contacted by KCAL9 said some artificial lawns contain lead, but there is no harm posed to children or adults.

City officials say they plan to press criminal charges against those who do not comply with the ban.

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 07:42 PM
So, is the playing field at the University of Phoenix Stadium a front yard or a back yard?

DamianTV
11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Ex Post Facto. A person who performed an act that is later prohibited by law can not be charged with the crime before it was made a law.

Rael
11-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Ex Post Facto. A person who performed an act that is later prohibited by law can not be charged with the crime before it was made a law.

I don't think so, it appears they are not being penalized for having previously put the fake grass down. They are penalized for continuing to have it there and not removing it.

Anti Federalist
11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Just another indicator, (as if anybody with any sense needed another one) that proves you don't own your property.

You just rent it from government and the landlord can make you do whatever he wants to it.

pcosmar
11-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Just another indicator, (as if anybody with any sense needed another one) that proves you don't own your property.

You just rent it from government and the landlord can make you do whatever he wants to it.

One thing.
http://www.seedland.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Seedland&Category_Code=FS-CRABGRASS

bunklocoempire
11-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Those city officials are playing dice with Glendalians(?) lives.

Fake grass is simply being used to cover up the radon producing earth in the front yard.

You uncover it and it'll go every where...

To be safe, I would think moving the entire front yard (w/fake grass) to the backyard might be a good idea... with a permit and inspection of work of course....

safety:toady:first

EDIT:

So, is the playing field at the University of Phoenix Stadium a front yard or a back yard?
I believe 'front', 'back', and 'side', contained in a bowl is simply known as "yardage", and extremely radon safe....

Bunkloco

james1906
11-17-2011, 10:15 PM
So California wanted people to conserve water and now they don't?

ShaneEnochs
11-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Why do cities make such stupid freaking laws?