PDA

View Full Version : Good places to place bed sheet banners in New Hampshire? (I'm from NY)

almyz125
11-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi there, a few friends and I have made some bed sheet sized banners, like this.---> (pic) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12178314/photo.JPG)

The thing is, my friends and I live in NY. We realize that NH is the 2nd primary state and want to help Ron win. What we need to know is, where are some good spot in NH for these signs? The more specific the better as we are not familiar with the territory.

Thanks for you help.

P.S. exact Lat and Long would be awesome!

erowe1
11-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I would say that bed sheet banners do more harm than good.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 02:50 PM
How so?

erowe1
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
How so?

They convey that Ron Paul is not a serious candidate.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Well, that's a matter of opinion. I did not create this thread for people to tell me what they think about banners and signs. I made it so people could give me detailed info regarding locations to place the signs. Please if you have something to contribute then do, if not don't take this thread off topic.

tremendoustie
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi there, a few friends and I have made some bed sheet sized banners, like this.---> (pic) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12178314/photo.JPG)

The thing is, my friends and I live in NY. We realize that NH is the 2nd primary state and want to help Ron win. What we need to know is, where are some good spot in NH for these signs? The more specific the better as we are not familiar with the territory.

Thanks for you help.

P.S. exact Lat and Long would be awesome!

Overpasses on the everett turnpike, which goes up through nashua, manch, and concord. Loads of people commute to MA, and it gets tons of traffic.

There are always banners welcoming troops home, so there is a clear free speech precedent on these overpasses. One prominent Ron Paul banner in nashua has been up for 3 weeks now. The key, as far as I can tell, is to make them only bedsheet size, and not larger -- the larger ones are more likely to be taken down.

And I think signs are very valuable - they convey enthusiasm and energy.

JamesButabi
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
As erowe somewhat conveyed at this point in a successful campaign bedsheets should only be targeted toward open minded, informal settings. Community colleges maybe?

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Overpasses on highway 3, which goes up through nashua, manch, and concord. Loads of people commute to MA, and it gets tons of traffic.

There are always banners welcoming troops home, so there is a clear free speech precedent on these overpasses. One prominent Ron Paul banner in nashua has been up for 3 weeks now. The key, as far as I can tell, is to make them only bedsheet size, and not larger -- the larger ones are more likely to be taken down.

And I think signs are very valuable - they convey enthusiasm and energy.

If you could point it out on google maps, i would really appreciate it.
Awesome thanks for the input!

tremendoustie
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Awesome thanks for the input!

Sorry - I meant the everett turnpike (large highway). Route 3 branches off some of the time onto smaller roads. If you look at a map it should be pretty obvious.

muzzled dogg
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
send them to me

or are you looking to hang yourself? go on googlemaps and if you zoom into the the larger cities, manch, concord, nashua, portsmouth, salem, you will be able to see if the highway passes are over or under

erowe1
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, that's a matter of opinion.
Of course it's a matter of opinion. But opinions matter in these things. What are you going to do, just fold your arms and say, "Sure I'm driving people away from Ron Paul. But it's ok, because those people are wrong in their opinions of bed sheet banners."?

I did not create this thread for people to tell me what they think about banners and signs. I made it so people could give me detailed info regarding locations to place the signs. Please if you have something to contribute then do, if not don't take this thread off topic.
First of all, who are you some kind of god of the thread? Second of all, after I responded you specifically asked me to elaborate, which I did. Was I not supposed to answer your question? Third of all, I did give you that detailed information you asked for--the place you should put your banners is nowhere. If you insist on somewhere, then I can go on google maps and try to find some place where they are least likely to be seen, and thus least likely to do damage.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
We would rather do them ourselves, make it fun.

tremendoustie
11-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Loads, and loads of commuters go on the everett turnpike, through nashua, to boston.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Of course it's a matter of opinion. But opinions matter in these things. What are you going to do, just fold your arms and say, "Sure I'm driving people away from Ron Paul. But it's ok, because those people are wrong in their opinions of bed sheet banners."?

First of all, who are you some kind of god of the thread? Second of all, after I responded you specifically asked me to elaborate, which I did. Was I not supposed to answer your question? Third of all, I did give you that detailed information you asked for--the place you should put your banners is nowhere. If you insist on somewhere, then I can go on google maps and try to find some place where they are least likely to be seen, and thus least likely to do damage.

Please if you have nothing to contribute to the goal of THIS thread, which is find places for banners that people WILL see, than go away.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Loads, and loads of commuters go on the everett turnpike, through nashua, to boston.

Thanks, i'll check the pike out on google maps.

erowe1
11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Please if you have nothing to contribute to the goal of THIS thread, which is find places for banners that people WILL see, than go away.

Sorry. But I was telling you what you needed to hear. If you came here asking where a good place was to write "Ron Paul was here" in the snow with lemonade, I'd tell you pretty much the same thing.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
When I said, it was a matter of opinion I was referring to you stating that the banners drive people away from Ron. Which it clearly is an opinion since you cannot prove that the banners help or hurt Ron in any way... so please either help me with the goal I stated above or stop clogging this thread.

erowe1
11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
When i said, it was a matter of opinion i was referring to you stating that the banners drive people away from Ron. Which it clearly is an opinion since you cannot prove that the banners help nor hurt Ron in anyway... so please either help me with the goal i stated above or stop clogging this thread.

OK, maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet. But this is getting on my nerves. If you think the number of posts in this thread is somehow clogging it up, then you stop posting. The goal I'm helping you with is the goal of getting Ron Paul elected, which is the goal of this website. If you aren't for that, then take your ideas elsewhere.

And where do you get this idea that you can't prove whether bed sheet banners help or hurt a candidate? Of course you can prove it. How many billions of dollars get spent every year researching the effectiveness of various kinds of advertisements? And how many times have you seen any profitable business or successful politician advertising with bedsheet banners?

TomtheTinker
11-17-2011, 03:37 PM
welcome fellow Upstater...Im from Utica welcome to Liberty Forest.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
welcome fellow Upstater...Im from Utica welcome to Liberty Forest.
Thanks for the welcome. How goes it out there?

seapilot
11-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Welcome almyz. Years ago I helped with making banners for an event. We used the old banners that are similar in material made from tarps that advertised coca cola or pepsi on them. Those tend to work better than bed sheets that get tore up in wind and weather. They have eyes on the corners for securing lines through that help too.

almyz125
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the advice, ill look into those.

McDermit
11-17-2011, 08:03 PM
OK, maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet. But this is getting on my nerves. If you think the number of posts in this thread is somehow clogging it up, then you stop posting. The goal I'm helping you with is the goal of getting Ron Paul elected, which is the goal of this website. If you aren't for that, then take your ideas elsewhere.

And where do you get this idea that you can't prove whether bed sheet banners help or hurt a candidate? Of course you can prove it. How many billions of dollars get spent every year researching the effectiveness of various kinds of advertisements? And how many times have you seen any profitable business or successful politician advertising with bedsheet banners?
Ron Paul himself has continued to tell us to get creative this election cycle, and he has oft expressed a love of the various nontraditional methods we've used to get his name out there.

Should we put bed sheet banners or crudely spray painted Tyvek in the spotlight during an official campaign event? Probably not. But along the road, on an overpass, etc... it's not a dealbreaker. Those banners have sparked the initial interest in Ron in many active supporters. They serve a purpose.