PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart Reveals Segregation & Class Warfare in the Occupy Wall Street Movement

FrankRep
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
LOL.

Jon Stewart Reveals Segregation & Class Warfare in the Occupy Wall Street Movement (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/jon-stewart-reveals-segregation-class-warfare-in-the-occupy-movement/)

The Blaze
November 17, 2011

“The Daily Show” had an intriguing and, of course, comedy-laden expose on the intense class warfare that has developed down at Zuccotti Park. Before police moved in to forever change the rules of the occupation earlier this week, the show‘s very own Samantha Bee delved deeply into the internal issues occurring among the movement’s adherents.

In introducing the segment, host Jon Stewart called the protesters “the least-toileted generation” and explained that the movement has been ‘”threatened by powers even greater than the City of New York.” What are these powers, you ask? Internal segmentation, apparently.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-17-2011, 02:20 PM
That was f-ing brilliant!

Really enjoyed the explanation of the difference between "personal property" and "private property".

JoshLowry
11-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Jon said it was the end of OWS multiple times.

I'd be pissed if I was participating at that park.

Imagine if someone did a report about the divides in the liberty movement and splashed that out as representative of your activism.

goRPaul
11-17-2011, 02:25 PM
That was f-ing brilliant!

Really enjoyed the explanation of the difference between "personal property" and "private property".

I know, that was wonderful!

Then she followed the "elites" of OWS to the lobby of the nearby Deutsche Bank where they were making decisions away from the masses.... just perfect.

WarNoMore
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Good stuff. Not sure this is the end of OWS, though. if it is, I wonder what happens to that $500,000+ they raised. Guess the leaders of the leaderless movement get to pocket it.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Jon said it was the end of OWS multiple times.

I'd be pissed if I was participating at that park.

Imagine if someone did a report about the divides in the liberty movement and splashed that out as representative of your activism.

Oddly enough, I didn't catch that part. Must have been subliminiminiminalalalal.

Jon does that kinda crap all the time. He's a statist. OWS is a label on something, just like "Ozarka Water". If Ozarka went out of business, would that end all water forever?

The anger and discontent that fuels OWS existed before the label and will exist after.

matt0611
11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
"I'm more against private property vs personal property".
Yeahhhh....ok, sure buddy :rolleyes:

The Goat
11-17-2011, 02:51 PM

I wish she would have asked him to explain the difference. because I really want to know. lol

FrankRep
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
OWS guy: I support Communism for everyone else, except for myself.

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Every "commune society" ends up mirroring the larger society, usually within days.

"Four legs good, two legs better."

matt0611
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
OWS guy: I support Communism for everyone else, except for myself.

What a coincidence, just like the soviet commissars!

maqsur
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
This segment was funny, watched it this morning. Also watched Colbert and he had a segment about the "Pin Ups for Ron Paul" calendar. Made fun of it a bit, and some digs at libertarianism. But funny