PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Apparently Gary Johnson no longer has a New Hampshire campaign team, reasons vary

sailingaway
11-17-2011, 01:38 PM
http://amherst.patch.com/articles/gary-johnson-nh-staffers-quit-over-frustration-with-national-campaign

staffers say they quit

http://amherst.patch.com/articles/gary-johnson-cancels-appearance-citing-total-miscommunication

GJ says they let the staffers go

but apparently GJ didn't show up at/cancelled an appearance out of miscommunication

lx43
11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
He should just drop out and endorse RP.

FrankRep
11-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Let it go Gary.

erowe1
11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow. Wasn't a NH campaign pretty much all he ever had for this race?

SilentBull
11-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I like Gary but I don't understand what he's doing right now. Why didn't he go for the Senate seat instead? What is the point of his campaign?

JoshLowry
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
I like Gary but I don't understand what he's doing right now. Why didn't he go for the Senate seat instead? What is the point of his campaign?

Johnson sent out another email just now.

I wrote back "Ron Paul is at 20% in Iowa."

He's a wedge at this point. Not sure if he realizes it.

If he doesn't endorse Ron before the Iowa primary, then he won't ever get any activist love from me again.

Same goes for Demint and Mike Lee.

KingRobbStark
11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Gary should realize that he will never pull an '07 RP, mainly because RP is still in the race. He should drop and endorse him already.

ctiger2
11-17-2011, 02:50 PM

If he wants to shove a sharp stick in the establishment's eye he should take your advice ASAP.

bluesc
11-17-2011, 02:55 PM

He was pissed that Ron decided to run, because he wanted to become Ron. I guess he couldn't let go of that dream and ran anyway, and refuses to drop out, goes on reddit pandering, goes on Fox pandering, goes to pot smokers pandering, just trying to replicate Ron's following.

Gary, drop out, or you will never have support when you run for Senate.

matt0611
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM
GJ should really just call it, its not gonna happen with Ron in this race.
I'm sure he'd be on a list of considerations of VP candidates for Ron Paul.

Bruehound
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Johnson should switch gears and start talking about a run for the LP nomination so that there will be a credible libertarian relief valve in place. That may help deflect a lot of the distracting and nonsensical third party line of questioning away from Ron so he can focus on being a contender for the GOP nomination.

specsaregood
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
If he doesn't endorse Ron before the Iowa primary, then he won't ever get any activist love from me again.

I'm right there with you rooster.

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
"They just weren't giving us the resources needed to execute the plan," said Simon. "We drew up a plan back in April or May to do well in the New Hampshire Primary. But there was just a lack of resources – not being able to hire people, not being able to get things like yard signs until September when we needed them in May.

His paid campaign staff is complaining that there is not enough money for them to spend. Some grassroots organization there. Real dedicated.

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Apparently Gary Johnson no longer has a New Hampshire campaign team

Good.

banks11
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I think we should respect Gary's choices, the golden rule.

Kregisen
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Gary stop being stupid. Endorse Ron. Drop out and give us your .8% of the vote.

FreeTraveler
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Tell him he should drop out, take the Libertarian nod, and casually mention to reporters that he'd like to have RP as his VP, but he's not going to ask as long as RP has a shot at the Republican nomination. Also, if Ron gets the Republican nom, he'll stand down and ask the Libertarians to support Ron. There would be serious heart attacks inside the beltway.

It's a way of getting the No One But Paul message to the establishment in a way they can't fail to notice. :D

Eleutheros
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
He was pissed that Ron decided to run, because he wanted to become Ron. I guess he couldn't let go of that dream and ran anyway, and refuses to drop out, goes on reddit pandering, goes on Fox pandering, goes to pot smokers pandering, just trying to replicate Ron's following.

Gary, drop out, or you will never have support when you run for Senate.

If he drops out now and endorses Ron Paul, he may not have to run for Senate.

After all, why run for Senate when you can be appointed as Speaker of the Senate (HINT, HINT) :p

eduardo89
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM

This. GJ needs to stop trolling around and endorse Ron.

Demint and Lee better endorse Ron or they will not get our support ever again.

Eleutheros
11-17-2011, 04:56 PM

+1(776), although I would add Sarah Palin to this list, but that's just me; sometimes in order to show that you stand by your principles, you cannot hedge your bets.

SpicyTurkey
11-17-2011, 04:57 PM
This. GJ needs to stop trolling around and endorse Ron.

Demint and Lee better endorse Ron or they will not get our support ever again.

Lee will never support RP.

specsaregood
11-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Is that because of the whole mormon thing? And he is afraid he won't be reelected if he supports Ron instead of Mitt?

sailingaway
11-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Not sure about that. He might wait, though.

VoluntaryAmerican
11-17-2011, 05:23 PM

He should have done this awhile ago when he had more support, now it's almost meaningless.

Xenophage
11-17-2011, 09:16 PM
I thought he was smarter than that. Oh well.

Aratus
11-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Tell him he should drop out, take the Libertarian nod, and casually mention to reporters that he'd like to have RP as his VP, but he's not going to ask as long as RP has a shot at the Republican nomination. Also, if Ron gets the Republican nom, he'll stand down and ask the Libertarians to support Ron. There would be serious heart attacks inside the beltway.

It's a way of getting the No One But Paul message to the establishment in a way they can't fail to notice. :D

If he drops out now and endorses Ron Paul, he may not have to run for Senate.

After all, why run for Senate when you can be appointed as Speaker of the Senate (HINT, HINT) :p

Johncjackson
11-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Johnson was never going to run for the Senate. Been over this many times here. Also, he would be a terrible VP pick for Ron Paul. Ron Paul's best VP pick would be someone I dislike, to be honest.

brushfire
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
I remember a debate where Gary Johnson was brought in to snuff out Ron Paul's support. Gary praised Ron Paul and the plan to split the Paul vote completely backfired on Fox.

I may not have the popular view here, but I side with Ron Paul on this matter. If Gary wants to run, he should...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7MSt7XnvqY&NR=1

Aratus
11-18-2011, 06:09 AM
all in good time! besides, Gary Johnson is toying with a Libertarian run...

ThePursuitOfLiberty
11-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Palin endorses Paul when Paul wins Iowa.

Badger Paul
11-18-2011, 09:55 AM
"His paid campaign staff is complaining that there is not enough money for them to spend. Some grassroots organization there. Real dedicated. "

Anyone who joins a long-shot campaign better come with the mindset that this is not an enterprise upon which they're going to be making a living. If they do, then they're in the wrong business. It's about sleeping on floors in other people's basements and living off peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. And you do these things because you believe in something greater than politics as a profession. It's a passion.

I have no idea what these people are thinking. If there's no money coming in even the best laid plans just stay on paper or the screen. The attitude some of these staffers for some of these campaigns is pretty poor. If your support is no deeper than a paycheck, then why should anyone vote for your guy?

I feel bad for Gary but if he wanted the mantle of the Revolution then he needed to be doing so for the past four years. Where has he been until now? And I myself could see and hear at the Rally for the Republic that he didn't have the personality of charisma to carry it off. Maybe he doesn't want to serve in the Senate, which is fine but unless he wants the LP nod if only to save the party from Wayne Allyn Root, then he should stop wasting his time and money.

bluesc
11-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Has he dropped out yet? Need Libertarians and liberals to stop drooling over him.

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
"His paid campaign staff is complaining that there is not enough money for them to spend. Some grassroots organization there. Real dedicated. "

Anyone who joins a long-shot campaign better come with the mindset that this is not an enterprise upon which they're going to be making a living. If they do, then they're in the wrong business. It's about sleeping on floors in other people's basements and living off peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. And you do these things because you believe in something greater than politics as a profession. It's a passion.

I have no idea what these people are thinking. If there's no money coming in even the laid plans just stay on paper or the screen. The attitude some of these staffers for some of these campaigns is pretty poor. If your support is no deeper than a paycheck, then why should anyone vote for your guy?

Exactly. Can you imagine Ron Paul supporters quitting because "Ron Paul wasn't spending enough money in their State"? Then again, this probably separates Ron's campaign from all of the others.

Aratus
11-18-2011, 08:47 PM
will gary johnson go independent if donald trump does?