PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Barney Frank: Gingrich a lobbyist and a liar !

Dianne
11-17-2011, 12:49 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/17/newt-gingrich-freddie-mac-barney-frank_n_1099393.html

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) sharply criticized former speaker of the House and Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich Wednesday, following comments Gingrich made in October suggesting the House member should be in jail for the economic crisis.

"He's a man with no ethical core whatsoever," Frank told the Boston Globe.

"There are a number of conservatives whom I respect. ... Newt's just never had any principles, so no I'm not surprised about this at all," he said, referring to a report that Gingrich earned between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting work for Freddie Mac.

A Gingrich spokesman confirmed to The Huffington Post that Freddie Mac paid roughly $30,000 per month for his "strategic advice," but said the money went to Gingrich's consulting firm, The Gingrich Group. Gingrich has denied that he was ever a lobbyist, but former Freddie Mac officials said his role was to build bridges between the company and Republicans on Capitol Hill.

Frank also criticized Gingrich Wednesday to MSNBC's Martin Bashir. "You talk about the 'L' word with Newt. Let's be clear the two words apply to Newt: lobbyist and liar." He added, "He was clearly there as a lobbyist. You don't enhance your academic credentials by having been speaker. What you enhance is your value as a lobbyist."

Gingrich later criticized Frank on the Laura Ingraham show over the collapse of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. "I wasn't speaker at the time, but Barney Frank was in Congress."

Frank has admitted that he was late in seeing the insolvency problems with Freddie Mac and its sister company, Fannie Mae, but also added that Republicans controlled the House between 1995 and 2006 (with Gingrich as speaker between 1995 and 1999) and, in his view, did not do anything.

Gingrich suggested Frank and former Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), the two top Democrats behind Wall Street reform legislation, should be in jail for missing the financial crisis in an Oct. 11 debate. Frank responded at the time, "It's interesting ... this notion we caused the problem that started while they were in charge even by Gingrich's standards is very odd

MJU1983
11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I hate when I agree with Barney Frank! :p

Muttley
11-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I hate when I agree with Barney Frank! :p

Indeed, indeed ;)

jmdrake
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) sharply criticized former speaker of the House and Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich Wednesday, following comments Gingrich made in October suggesting the House member should be in jail for the economic crisis.

"He's a man with no ethical core whatsoever," Frank told the Boston Globe.

Twiddle dee calling twiddle dumb fat. Frank's just mad that Newt managed to get on on the Fanny/Freddie corruption gravy train without having to be Frank's boyfriend.

http://americaswatchtower.com/2011/05/26/barney-frank-admits-he-got-his-boyfriend-a-job-at-fanny-mae/

Kade
11-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Why? The man himself is not as bad as most of you believe, I chalk it up to your residual talk radio loyalties.

jmdrake
11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Why? The man himself is not as bad as most of you believe, I chalk it up to your residual talk radio loyalties.

Which man? Newt Gingrich or Barney Frank? :confused: I despised Barney Frank even when I was a democrat. Common. His former boyfriend ran an underage male prostitute ring out of their apartment. The only reason Frank didn't go down is because he threatened to expose republicans into similar shenanigans. He's slime.

LibertyEagle
11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Frank has admitted that he was late in seeing the insolvency problems with Freddie Mac and its sister company, Fannie Mae, but also added that Republicans controlled the House between 1995 and 2006 (with Gingrich as speaker between 1995 and 1999) and, in his view, did not do anything

One did. :)

Liberty74
11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
A full fledge criminal who helped bring down this economy is calling Gingrich a liar?

Hmmmmmm...

Kade
11-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Which man? Newt Gingrich or Barney Frank? :confused: I despised Barney Frank even when I was a democrat. Common. His former boyfriend ran an underage male prostitute ring out of their apartment. The only reason Frank didn't go down is because he threatened to expose republicans into similar shenanigans. He's slime.

I think prostitution should be legal. I also think being gay should always be legal. And as far as the underage thing, I don't recall Barney really being charged with anything or found guilty of anything, but I suppose you probably think that is the unfortunate perk of being an asshole in power? I don't know, ask Sandusky.

I don't care what he did with his ass or his penis. Is this all you have?

You know Rush Limbaugh has a long list of his anti-conservative bend... surely you can trump together some of that rehashed tripe to throw at me, everyone does it....

I generally agree with his rational thought-out responses to most issues. He isn't going to always be right, be he not nearly as bad as 80% of Congress. He also, recently, happens to be my Congressman... and as a constituent of his now, he has been VERY responsive and thoughtful to my concerns. Interestingly enough, when I lived in Marietta GA during the reigning Gingrich years, I never once got a sniff of a comment from that windbag.

Xenophage
11-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I think prostitution should be legal. I also think being gay should always be legal. And as far as the underage thing, I don't recall Barney really being charged with anything or found guilty of anything, but I suppose you probably think that is the unfortunate perk of being an asshole in power? I don't know, ask Sandusky.

I don't care what he did with his ass or his penis. Is this all you have?

You know Rush Limbaugh has a long list of his anti-conservative bend... surely you can trump together some of that rehashed tripe to throw at me, everyone does it....

I generally agree with his rational thought-out responses to most issues. He isn't going to always be right, be he not nearly as bad as 80% of Congress. He also, recently, happens to be my Congressman... and as a constituent of his now, he has been VERY responsive and thoughtful to my concerns. Interestingly enough, when I lived in Marietta GA during the reigning Gingrich years, I never once got a sniff of a comment from that windbag.

Attacking someone's personal lifestyle choices never works in your favor in the long run in a philosophical or political argument. You're right.

But there are LOTS of extremely pertinent reasons to dislike Barney. He's one of the strongest advocates of unchecked government control and power, and one of the most effective and longest running looters in office. A simple checklist of the things he's advocated and voted for is enough of an argument to dislike Barney Frank, whatever you might think about him personally.

He might even be a 'nice guy' when you talk to him, but nobody is very nice that wants to rob his neighbors at gunpoint and crush the spirit of the individual.

jmdrake
11-18-2011, 02:37 PM

:rolleyes: They were underage. That's all that matters. Barney Franks roommate was running a child prostitution ring. And you want to defend this slime? And like I said, the only reason that scum wasn't prosecuted was because he publicly threatened to turn in republicans who were doing the same thing. They should all be taken down and thrown under the jailhouse. I don't for a minute believe Frank didn't know what was going on. Yeah I know, innocent until proven guilty. But there was no investigation into guilt or innocence because he played the "I know your dirty laundry" card. That just goes to show that Washington DC is a complete cesspool. And when it comes to Fannie Mae, Barney Frank was kneedeep in corruption on behalf of his boyfriend. And it would have been wrong if it had been his girlfriend too. But then he might not have gotten your "Poor gay politician being persecuted" sympathy vote.

jmdrake
11-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Attacking someone's personal lifestyle choices never works in your favor in the long run in a philosophical or political argument. You're right.

For the record I don't call a child prostitution ring being run out of your apartment a "personal lifestyle choice". Nor do I think his blatant conflict of interest with Fannie Mae is okay just because he's gay.

HOLLYWOOD
11-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Lets see the Newt Gingrich & co... Phone records, Emails, and expense receipts.

Same goes for Bawney Fwank... They're both criminals

heavenlyboy34
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Lets see the Newt Gingrich & co... Phone records, Emails, and expense receipts.

Same goes for Bawney Fwank... They're both criminals
+1