PDA

View Full Version : Ron needs to ATTACK CAIN at the next debate!

Xenophage
11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Now that he's in 2nd place in Iowa, it's time to really go on the offensive at the debates. Cain can't take the pressure. He has no answers, he just stutters and flip flops. Ron is inscrutable.

What do you guys think?

FreeTraveler
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Never punch down. Cain's sinking fast. Nobody gets popular by picking on the dumbest kid in the class.

ShaneEnochs
11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Nah, Cain can take himself down just fine. Ron needs to challenge Gingrich (though it seems he's coming down as well) or Romney.

sailingaway
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Never punch down. Cain's sinking fast. Nobody gets popular by picking on the dumbest kid in the class.

this

I saw a comment in an article that Cain is almost painful to watch at this point, and I agree with it. Ron needs to just avert his eyes from that.

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I think we and he need to studiously avoid stepping on Cain's toes right now.

Why? Because he's repeatedly shooting himself in the foot, and we don't want to be in his line of fire.

sailingaway
11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Nah, Cain can take himself down just fine. Ron needs to challenge Gingrich (though it seems he's coming down as well) or Romney.

Ron just needs to clearly and simply formulate his own points.

ctiger2
11-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I'd advise Ron to ignore Cain and everyone else besides Romney for that matter. It's Paul VS Romney for the nomination.

sanssq
11-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I think Cain is quite capable of self destruction as seen in his Libya gaffe. IMO, Paul should be more aggressive, but toward the issues, not another candidate. Gingrich is blowing up also. His connection with Fannie and Freddie and the $1.6-$1.8 million has got to hurt him. AND he hasn't disclosed the other Corporations he got cash from. That is important. Gingrich supported TARP. If he was getting money from the banks or especially AIG he will take a mortal blow in the primaries. That's a good thing. No way could Gingrich beat Obama. He has way too much baggage.

malkusm
11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
I think we and he need to studiously avoid stepping on Cain's toes right now.

Why? Because he's repeatedly shooting himself in the foot, and we don't want to be in his line of fire.

+rep

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I think Cain is quite capable of self destruction as seen in his Libya gaffe. IMO, Paul should be more aggressive, but toward the issues, not another candidate

I agree wholeheartedly--with one notable exception. I think it's time for Ron Paul to state flatly that he can beat Obama. He can beat the guy, and we need him to.

HOLLYWOOD
11-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Then, can we get CAIN's Tour Bus for Ron in the early primaries... it's nice and gives mucha visibility. lol... they did it right... reverse text, QR Code, social network logos.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/Cain_Tour_Bus.png

Sola_Fide
11-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Ron would seem petty if he went on the attack towards people who are already destroying themselves. It would be out of character and not politically advisable.

Kords21
11-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Doesn't his bus already have a Ron Paul bumber sticker? :D

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Then, can we get CAIN's Tour Bus for Ron in the early primaries... it's nice and gives mucha visibility.

I know I'd love the job of driving it. But, you know, so far Ron Paul seems amazingly tireless. And so long as he can keep up that amazing schedule, I think we need to keep flying him from place to place.

freeforall
11-17-2011, 12:18 PM
agreed. although as usual, the candidates will also be gunning for him so it could just create more talking time for him in rebuttals. unless, the other candidates are actually just creating diversions for him until it is time to drop out and endorse him. ron needs to be prepared to attack and do so based on how the other candidates play the game.

eta: thought i was quoting a comment about going after romney.

Athan
11-17-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd advise Ron to ignore Cain and everyone else besides Romney for that matter. It's Paul VS Romney for the nomination.

I agree. Cain is damaged goods now. It really comes down to Dr. Paul vs. Perry.

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
ron needs to be prepared to attack and do so based on how the other candidates play the game.

Meh. I think we need to remember that one of the things we all love most about the man is his endless string of 434-1 votes in the House.

Like Arby's says, different is good.

HOLLYWOOD
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I know I'd love the job of driving it. But, you know, so far Ron Paul seems amazingly tireless. And so long as he can keep up that amazing schedule, I think we need to keep flying him from place to place.Be nice to target the final week of each state with a driving billboard. You can sleep on tour buses too.

Xenophage
11-17-2011, 12:22 PM
I agree. Cain is damaged goods now. It really comes down to Dr. Paul vs. Perry.

Mitt Perry?

specsaregood
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Ron would seem petty if he went on the attack towards people who are already destroying themselves. It would be out of character and not politically advisable.

At the same time, Cain has gone out of his way to attack Dr. Paul in seperate interviews when Ron isn't around -- just like a scared little pussy would do.

I admire Dr. Paul's ablity to turn the other cheek though; personally I'd be showing him a different set of cheeks.

sanssq
11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
No problem with Paul telling the truth: He will beat Obama. All the others are too chancy. They are out of the mainstream in regards to foreign policy. Americans are sick of foreign aid, defending the world, nation building, and footing the bill by crushing future of America's children with future debt.

It's as simple as that. America's children come first.

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I admire Dr. Paul's ablity to turn the other cheek though; personally I'd be showing him a different set of cheeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flm4xcOyiCo

sanssq
11-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Nice bus. We should be able to pick it up on the cheap soon.

freeforall
11-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Meh. I think we need to remember that one of the things we all love most about the man is his endless string of 434-1 votes in the House.

Like Arby's says, different is good.

I guess attack is not exactly the right word for what I mean. Taking opportunities to point out specific flaws to Romney's policies and ability to be consistent is a more accurate way to put it. I too love that Ron takes the high road and trust that he will do that despite our desire to see him get revenge. It gives me confidence in how he will handle critisism as our president.

eok321
11-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Its Paul V Willard. The rest have hit the self destruct button. Our job is to point out Romneys weaknesses and let Ron be Ron. We have an open goal here.:)

sanssq
11-17-2011, 12:58 PM
A couple things here. It is a positive for us when the opposition is divided between a number of candidates. Also it doesn't help if we alienate one of the other camps and piss off that candidates supporters. When the other camps fold we must be able to pick up some of their support. Else, in the end game we will be confronted with more formidable opposition. It's great that there are so many in the field at this point. The slower they fold, the better for us. It's gives us time to convince. To do so, we will need to overcome some of the entrenched knee jerk reactions that many Republicans and, in fact many Americans have.

We need to convince, not confront.

jason43
11-17-2011, 01:01 PM
He needs to engage Gingrich in a real philosophical discussion on government. Romney will not win, Republicans dont like him. Once people start dropping out, conservatives will congregate to the people who are left, which at this point looks like it will be Gingrich and Paul.