PDA

View Full Version : I just bought an ad for Ron Paul in my local paper for the next 4 weeks!

knarf
11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
I just put an ad in my local paper for 4 weeks for Ron Paul! It says
" Democrats support Ron Paul! Vote in the January 21st SC
Republican Primary, as it is open and cast your vote for Ron Paul!"

UPDATE:
I wanted to thank everyone at Ron Paul Forums and the Daily Paul for helping me learn from my mistake. I should have asked you all first and then put this ad in the paper. This is what I did. I went back up to the news paper and I am having 4 ads, one of these for every week for the next for weeks.

January 21st Primary is Open to all voters; Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Please, support and vote for Ron Paul 2012.

Please, support and vote for Ron Paul January 21st. The primary is open to all voters; Republicans, Democrats and Independents.

VOTERS, registered Democrats, and Independents can vote in the Republican Primary January 21st. Please, support and vote for Ron Paul.

Democrats who support Ron Paul can vote in the Open Republican Primary, January 21st. Please, cast your vote, Ron Paul.

Week 1: You can see the listing in the paper, under Help Wanted right here http://www.gaffneyledger.com/ROP/large/Other.htm
week 2 ad http://www.gaffneyledger.com/sites/www.gaffneyledger.com/files/classifieds/200.html check it out

trey4sports
11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
well, i hope it works out.

erowe1
11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
" Democrats support Ron Paul! Vote in the January 22nd SC

Good idea. Do you have any well-connected Democrat contacts in your area that you could talk to about ways they could help with this?

knarf
11-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Good idea. Do you have any well-connected Democrat contacts in your area that you could talk to about ways they could help with this?
No, I know know any dems, but I think this ad might help

knarf
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
We all have to think outside of the box to bring fairness to Ron Paul. I want to thank Dean Allen, if he wasnt such a jerk, I wouldnt have thought about this!

vechorik
11-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Not sure saying Democrats vote for Dr. Paul is a positive in Republican's minds. But glad you're working. Maybe get ad approved here before running them?
I've seen some Paul supporters makes some very bad mistakes....I've made a few too, but people here can help one another "get straight"

knarf
11-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Not sure saying Democrats vote for Dr. Paul is a positive in Republican's minds. But glad you're working. Maybe get ad approved here before running them?
I've seen some Paul supporters makes some very bad mistakes....I've made a few too, but people here can help one another "get straight"

it hasnt run yet
It runs tomorrow and for the next 4 weeks
tell me what you would put and how you think it should be worded in 20 words or less

wealeat
11-17-2011, 10:31 AM
I would steer clear of associating Dr. Paul with Dems. We are trying to win the GOP nomination. MAybe mention his recent poll numbers.

erowe1
11-17-2011, 10:43 AM
There's nothing wrong with trying to drum up crossover votes. They have proven to be an important factor in past primaries.

You definitely want to keep this kind of thing separate from the campaign so that there's no impression that Ron Paul himself is angling for those votes. So running an ad independently is one way to do that.

But that's also why I asked about contacts. I think a good crossover vote strategy would be one that involves the help of Democrat activists working within their spheres of influence and publicizing the idea as their own, and not one that comes from the campaign.

vechorik
11-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I got this from a Ron Paul tweet, so I guess it's accurate:

ROMNEY'S PLAN CUTS MEDICARE--Those dependent on domestic spending programs aren’t endangered with Ron Paul's plan.

Sean
11-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Conservative Democrats, or Reagan Democrats support Ron Paul might be better.

123tim
11-17-2011, 11:07 AM

I thought the same thing when I saw the original post. However, I think that the enthusiasm is great and right on the money,

Steering Democrats toward Ron Paul would be a bad thing in my Neo-Con community.

I hate to say this when I think that your ad idea is totally cool. I hate to say anything negative to someone who is getting something accomplished.

Maybe just advertise Ron Paul's platform?
It sells itself and you don't see it in the newspapers.

erowe1
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Conservative Democrats, or Reagan Democrats support Ron Paul might be better.

There are enough of those in SC that Bob Conley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Conley) was able to win the Democrat primary for US Senate there in 2008 and go on to lose by a pretty small margin against Lindsey Graham. If a large fraction of the Dems and Independents who supported him vote for Paul in the primary, they could give him the win.

Speaking of Conley, what's he up to now? He's precisely one of the people who could be a big boon to us in trying to get those votes.

oyarde
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Republican Primary, as it is open and cast your vote for Ron Paul!" You sir , are a Patriot ! Thank you .

knarf
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
I changed it, thank you for all your suggestions.

knarf
11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I hope you all like it better now!

knarf
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Plus it is going in the FREE weekly paper that they throw in every ones yard!

123tim
11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I hope you all like it better now!

So what did you finally decide upon?
Thank you for being active.

HOLLYWOOD
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I would steer clear of associating Dr. Paul with Dems. We are trying to win the GOP nomination. MAybe mention his recent poll numbers.for South Carolina, an Ad like: Ron Paul Loves Swamp buggy racing, Shagging to the Chairman of the Board, and NASCAR. ;)

vechorik
11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
You just gave me an idea! -- I'm going to post it as a new thread.

FrankRep
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM

Yeah, you'll need to change that.

knarf
11-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, you'll need to change that.

done already!

knarf
11-17-2011, 04:08 PM
bump

anaconda
11-17-2011, 04:29 PM
I should have asked you all first and then put this ad in the paper.

Don't see why you thought you needed to ask for permission. I would think a lot of conservatives would be very pleased if Democrats would support the most conservative candidate running in the election. And appreciate your effort to enlighten them. Thanks for the activism!

(Although there are a lot of smart people with great ideas on the forum, so it is a good place to survey different opinions if that is what you're looking for.)

The Goat
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
There are enough of those in SC that Bob Conley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Conley) was able to win the Democrat primary for US Senate there in 2008 and go on to lose by a pretty small margin against Lindsey Graham. If a large fraction of the Dems and Independents who supported him vote for Paul in the primary, they could give him the win.

Speaking of Conley, what's he up to now? He's precisely one of the people who could be a big boon to us in trying to get those votes.

actually, a lot of republican voters would vote for even a democrat over Lindsey here in SC.

for South Carolina, an Ad like: Ron Paul Loves Swamp buggy racing, Shagging to the Chairman of the Board, and NASCAR. ;)

A picture of him in his Baseball uni works better. lot of baseball fans in SC even though their are no Pro teams. It hurts me to add but South Carolina did win the Nat. Championship in NCAA the last 2 years. I'm a Clemson fan.

knarf
11-17-2011, 06:37 PM
bump

knarf
11-21-2011, 07:17 PM
You can see the listing in the paper, under Help Wanted right here http://www.gaffneyledger.com/ROP/large/Other.htm

nobody's_hero
11-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Lol, help wanted, eh?

I can think of an ad to run:

"Not seeing the job you want? Does it seem like the help-wanted section is a little too short these days? Vote for Ron Paul in 2012 and he'll get the economy moving again."

knarf
11-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Lol, help wanted, eh?

I can think of an ad to run:

"Not seeing the job you want? Does it seem like the help-wanted section is a little too short these days? Vote for Ron Paul in 2012 and he'll get the economy moving again."

Thats a good one!
The reason I put it in Help wanted, it is cheaper!

raystone
11-21-2011, 07:54 PM

UPDATE:
I wanted to thank everyone at Ron Paul Forums and the Daily Paul for helping me learn from my mistake. I should have asked you all first and then put this ad in the paper. This is what I did. I went back up to the news paper and I am having 4 ads, one of these for every week for the next for weeks.

January 21st Primary is Open to all voters; Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Please, support and vote for Ron Paul 2012.

Please, support and vote for Ron Paul January 21st. The primary is open to all voters; Republicans, Democrats and Independents.

VOTERS, registered Democrats, and Independents can vote in the Republican Primary January 21st. Please, support and vote for Ron Paul.

Democrats who support Ron Paul can vote in the Open Republican Primary, January 21st. Please, cast your vote, Ron Paul.

Week 1: You can see the listing in the paper, under Help Wanted right here http://www.gaffneyledger.com/ROP/large/Other.htm

Great job placing an ad ! +rep

I think your changes are good, I would have also suggested getting away from a Dems only message.

IMO, one of the best things we can be messaging on now is getting regular GOP primary voters on board with Dr. Paul's foreign policy with something like...

"Ron Paul has received more campaign donations from active military members than Romney, Cain, Gingrich, Perry, Huntsman, Bachman, Santorum combined."

knarf
11-27-2011, 10:10 AM
http://www.gaffneyledger.com/sites/www.gaffneyledger.com/files/classifieds/200.html

New listing, it is on the bottom

knarf
12-01-2011, 11:33 AM
week 2 ad http://www.gaffneyledger.com/sites/www.gaffneyledger.com/files/classifieds/200.html check it out

Xenophage
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
+rep

knarf
12-01-2011, 01:34 PM
thanks