PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Phone Bomb --- November 25th

tbone717
11-17-2011, 08:03 AM
The Phone from Home program has been highly successful and it is critical to assist the campaign in identifying supporters and potential supporters in the early states. November 25th is a day where many people have off from work & school and will be an excellent day for phone banking. Not only will many volunteers have the day off, but the voters we are contacting are more likely to be home that day.

The campaign has stated that phone banking is the best thing you can do right now to help Dr. Paul win in these early states. So I am asking the members of this forum to pledge time on November 25th to phone banking. Looking at the forum stats there were around 1500 members that visited this forum in the last 24 hours. Surely we can get 500 people to use their time and talent to assist the campaign.

For those that are not familiar with the Phone from Home program, it is quite simple. You dial into a phone number with the site loaded in your browser. The system automatically dials a voter in one of the key states. You read the script, fill out the form and submit the answers. The purpose of this program is not to convert people, or get into lengthy policy discussion with them. The sole purpose is for voter ID, so that the campaign can then follow up with these voters in the near future. All you need is a phone (either landline or cell), a computer, and a willingness to work hard for the campaign.

Here is how to get started:

1) Sign up at http://phone.ronpaul2012.com
2) Join the Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/phonefromhome/ (This page is helpful for reporting system errors, asking questions, etc)
3) Start making calls.

As far as November 25th, is it possible that we can get 500 ronpaulfourms.com members to commit at least 2 hours of their time that day to making calls? The calling hours are from 10:30AM-12:00AM EST. Surely, you can find the ability to donate 2 hours of your time that day to the cause of liberty.

With an average of 60 calls per hour, 500 forum members donating a mere 2 hours on Black Friday can make 60,000 calls! And, of course, the more time you can donate the better.

I am hoping that others here on this site can join those of us that have sacrificed our time for the campaign, and help Dr Paul win these early states.

milo10
11-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Are you sure this is a good day? Aren't most people sort of busy/stressed out on that day? If I'm in the malls near Xmas time, nobody is friendly or receptive to conversation. Maybe the Sunday afterwards would be a better day.

tbone717
11-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Are you sure this is a good day? Aren't most people sort of busy/stressed out on that day? If I'm in the malls near Xmas time, nobody is friendly or receptive to conversation. Maybe the Sunday afterwards would be a better day.

Honestly, we need to be doing this every day. We can't second guess ourselves as to when is a good time to make calls. If it is between 1030am and midnight, it's a good time to make calls.

My idea for the 25th is simply because it is the first upcoming weekday (with the exception of Thanksgiving) that people are off from work and school. Incidentally, the campaign does not make calls on Sundays.

tbone717
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Wow...200 forum members online, dozens of posts made in the last couple of hours in other threads, and not one person is willing to commit to donating time to the campaign for this effort?

Sign waving, making videos, posting in forums, commenting on blogs, emailing celebrities and the media all have some merit. But none of them accomplish the task of Voter ID which is crucial at this stage of the campaign.

Are you willing to volunteer just a small amount of your time to help Ron Paul win these early states?

seapilot
11-17-2011, 11:00 AM
The campaign has stated that phone banking is the best thing you can do right now to help Dr. Paul win in these early states.

I am going to bump this. I have not signed up yet, but am going to now and put in a 100% effort. Last time I wrote over 50 personal letters to Iowa republicans through the letter writing campaign. Do not know how successful that was.

Take a look at the online polls that Ron Paul supporters dominate. That same effort put toward phone calls will help dominate the early states. ONLY this will make a real difference that the media cant shut down the Iowa Caucus when its clear that Ron Paul votes are slamming the ballot box!

tbone717
11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I am going to bump this. I have not signed up yet, but am going to now and put in a 100% effort. Last time I wrote over 50 personal letters to Iowa republicans through the letter writing campaign. Do not know how successful that was.

You are going to love working the phones. Are you in for at least 2 hours on the 25th?

Steve-in-NY
11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
If you arent involved in this, get involved. Ive been doing it for a while now, its easy and it helps the campaign GREATLY.

tbone717
11-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Poll added bump

tbone717
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Sadly it seems as though people are more interested in getting Dr. Paul on a late night talk show than responding to his request that people volunteer for the phone from home program.

1PaulBOT
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Sadly it seems as though people are more interested in getting Dr. Paul on a late night talk show than responding to his request that people volunteer for the phone from home program.

Agreed ::sigh::

Every night after I'm done phone banking I come here on the chat rooms and these guys wanna talk about books, mises, talk shows, austrian economics, but not a single conversation about phone banking. I bring it up and no one is really interested. Quite sad considering this is ronpaulforums, the diehard stronghold of the revolution. :(

seapilot
11-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I changed my sig in order to remind myself and others. The phone bank threads unfortunately are getting buried in the grassroots forum. I am convinced phone banking is the best way to upset the status quo in the primaries and caucuses.