PDA

View Full Version : Next Donation Drive (Input Please)

JordanL
11-06-2007, 05:11 PM
[Old Thread]

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Hundreds of thousands of people cannot afford to pledge $100 and / or do not want daily emails. What do we have to offer them?

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Hundreds of thousands of people cannot afford to pledge $100 and / or do not want daily emails. What do we have to offer them?
Surprise us:D at teaparty07.com and prove the numbers of sign ups are wrong and will be doubled no matter what you give.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million at $100

Mark Mosconi
11-16-2007, 05:29 AM

Those who cannot afford to pledge $100 should just give what they can on that day, or at least use the day to give out Ron Paul fliers and put up signs, or contribute in some non-monetary way. There are plenty of people that still need to be reached with Ron's message.

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 05:39 AM
Surprise us:D at teaparty.com and prove the numbers of sign ups are wrong and will be doubled.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million at $100

Those who cannot afford to pledge $100 should just give what they can on that day, or at least use the day to give out Ron Paul fliers and put up signs, or contribute in some non-monetary way. There are plenty of people that still need to be reached with Ron's message.

Why can't smaller donors enjoy the fun of making a pledge?
This way they will get a reminder by email.

We also (still) urgently need the option of one or two reminders, not daily emails.
``

First, 'everyone' :rolleyes: demanded a collective group effort "on one site", then we excluded many people from participating (ones who cannot afford to promise $100) and / or drive them away with excess emails.
Why?

dfalken
11-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Why can't smaller donors enjoy the fun of making a pledge?
This way they will get a reminder by email.

We also (still) urgently need the option of one or two reminders, not daily emails.
``

First, 'everyone' :rolleyes: demanded a collective group effort "on one site", then we excluded many people from participating (ones who cannot afford to promise $100) and / or drive them away with excess emails.
Why?

Because the creators of this thing are missing the forest for the trees. I have been fighting for those two exact things you mention from day one but no matter how many different ways I try to explain it, they simply don't understand it. Their answer is "I couldn't afford 100 but I didn't forget" or "the daily email helps keep everyone motivated" they are simply unable to look outside themselves and see the thousands of busy "regular" people that will not sign up because of the daily email (many of which will end up forgetting to donate) and the thousands that won't sign up because they can't afford the $100 (many of which will forget to donate).

They will tell you..."look at Nov 5th it was a great success". They have zero understanding that it might just be possible that November 5th could have raised X amount more if all these people hadn't been excluded.

We are running a mainstream USA Today add for the teaparty thanks to the generosity of one supporter and I fear that many of the people that will visit the site that day as a result of that add, will not sign up because most normal people that don't spend the entire day sitting infront of a computer absolutely do not want to receive daily spam. Trevor is not able to understand this and I have turned blue in the face trying to get the message through to him but at this point he has basically become dictatorial. A poll was organized where 85% of the people said to get rid of the daily email yet he doesn't understand nor cares.

MozoVote
11-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Another reason to have the daily e-mail is that the list will collect fewer non-serious pledgers, or fake pledgers by other campaigns that want to monkey with it. It's only 30 more days and 30 more e-mails. It's not worth whining about.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM

Ron Paul

Sematary
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Because the creators of this thing are missing the forest for the trees. I have been fighting for those two exact things you mention from day one but no matter how many different ways I try to explain it, they simply don't understand it. Their answer is "I couldn't afford 100 but I didn't forget" or "the daily email helps keep everyone motivated" they are simply unable to look outside themselves and see the thousands of busy "regular" people that will not sign up because of the daily email (many of which will end up forgetting to donate) and the thousands that won't sign up because they can't afford the $100 (many of which will forget to donate).

They will tell you..."look at Nov 5th it was a great success". They have zero understanding that it might just be possible that November 5th could have raised X amount more if all these people hadn't been excluded.

We are running a mainstream USA Today add for the teaparty thanks to the generosity of one supporter and I fear that many of the people that will visit the site that day as a result of that add, will not sign up because most normal people that don't spend the entire day sitting infront of a computer absolutely do not want to receive daily spam. Trevor is not able to understand this and I have turned blue in the face trying to get the message through to him but at this point he has basically become dictatorial. A poll was organized where 85% of the people said to get rid of the daily email yet he doesn't understand nor cares.

The Nov 5 even was a HUGE success. Why do you want to change success?