PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul talked about on the Rachel Maddow show

Spanky
11-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Was talking to an analyst and the banner was dissing the gop with everyone on the picture BUT Ron Paul

And she asked since this group is basically a vacuum (basically calling them dumb), her exact words were "does an isolationist like Ron Paul who has been polling well lately, does this help him gain voters"

Analyst said yes, but that once he started talking about the Austrian Economics and preached about us walking around with wheelbarrows full of gold trading, that they would be instantly turned away from him.

ISOLATIONIST?
fljdslflasfh

Media is making me wanna puke

Fermli
11-16-2011, 11:24 PM
more like wheelbarrows full of dollars... AMIRITE?

Bruno
11-16-2011, 11:26 PM
The left is just as scared of Paul as the right, as you see here.

matt0611
11-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Wheelbarrows full of gold? When has that ever happened in history?
So much ignorance...

FriedChicken
11-16-2011, 11:55 PM
If Ron Paul could bring about an economy where everyone would have wheelbarrows of gold ....... I can definitely see that turning people off, who on earth wants a wheelbarrow of gold? *raises hand

Ronulus
11-17-2011, 12:01 AM
I would love to have a wheelbarrow full of gold.

Bruno
11-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Wheelbarrows full of gold? When has that ever happened in history?
So much ignorance...

Try pushing a wheelbarrow full of gold, Lol! It would weigh three or four tons, easily.

eduardo89
11-17-2011, 12:03 AM

You mean a wheelbarrow full of tradition.

helmuth_hubener
11-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Analyst said yes, but that once he started talking about the Austrian Economics and preached about us walking around with wheelbarrows full of gold trading, that they would be instantly turned away from him. This would turn me towards him. I am very strongly pro-me-walking-around-with-a-wheelbarrow-of-gold. I mean, talk a bout a campaign promise, this would blow the chicken in every pot thing out of the water.

Sunstruck-Eden
11-17-2011, 12:11 AM
more like wheelbarrows full of dollars... AMIRITE?

Oof...that reminded me of that picture with the lady with the wheelbarrow of money in Germany before Hitler's rise to power. Damn did Europe screw Germany over after WWI....

But yeah, when did wheelbarrows of gold ever happen?

puppetmaster
11-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Remember...the media is charged with the divide and conquer of public schooled Americans.

eduardo89
11-17-2011, 12:21 AM
http://media.nowpublic.net/images//e1/9/e1982938ee9bd290baa5588f84a02aff.jpg

gls
11-17-2011, 12:22 AM
It's just a way to be dismissive of any talk of the impending monetary crisis. If he had said "wheelbarrows full of cash", some people might actually stop and think about the possibility. But the idea of everyone with a wheelbarrow full of gold is so ludicrous we can just laugh off the entire concept.

Or maybe not. I don't know how liberals' minds work. :confused:

SpicyTurkey
11-17-2011, 12:27 AM
It's just a way to be dismissive of any talk of the impending monetary crisis. If he had said "wheelbarrows full of cash", some people might actually stop and think about the possibility. But the idea of everyone with a wheelbarrow full of gold is so ludicrous we can just laugh off the entire concept.

Or maybe not. I don't know how liberals' minds work. :confused:

They don't.

J_White
11-17-2011, 12:36 AM
misrepresentation as usual !

hammy
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM

You mean a wheelbarrow full of freedom.

low preference guy
11-17-2011, 12:43 AM
a wheelbarrow full of WEALTH!

Esoteric
11-17-2011, 12:48 AM
wrong thread. sry

XTreat
11-17-2011, 12:54 AM

good chuckle

Diurdi
11-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Just like all payments were made by actual physical gold bullion back when there was a gold standard amirite?

Especially payments in the tens of millions.

S.Shorland
11-17-2011, 02:20 AM
They don't seem to be able to reason that the 'value' of each unit weight of gold would rise to cover the outstanding 'monetary' base.I want to be able to hoard my wealth in a tangible form safe from the theft of printing.BOTH the left and right are terrified of Paul,it's true.Never have so many been taken off the t#t at one time when he gets elected.

LawnWake
11-17-2011, 02:55 AM
You mean a wheelbarrow full of heavy and hard to carry material, easily stolen by a mob of criminals who can use their empty to happens to carry weapons use those to hurt me as they're robbing me off my gold.

unknown
11-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Trying to insinuate that the gold play is a bubble?

Only if its manipulated which it is as claimed by the boys at GATA.

Working Poor
11-17-2011, 05:28 AM
a shame there is no link so we could go dispute it.

devil21
11-17-2011, 06:14 AM
So you mean the same people (MSNBC) that were screaming about Bush being a warmonger and criminal for invading foreign countries are now calling the only non-interventionist an "isolationist"? Just more evidence that bombing brown people is ok when it's your team in charge. Hypocrites.

Elwar
11-17-2011, 06:28 AM
The fact that Rachel Maddow brought up Ron Paul and did not say anything about racism is about as good as you can get.

Turn the channel when you see that boy's mug.

LawnWake
11-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Rachel Maddow is so into herself. Like, most people think that if they were in charge of the universe, it would rain soda pop and the sun would shine love, but the way she talks, she seems absolutely convinced of the fact that she has al the answers. And people who think they know everything are the least likely to be libertarian.

jkob
11-17-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't understand the isolationist part, isn't Maddow at least nominally anti-war? I haven't watch her in a long time but is she on the "bomb bomb bomb Iran" bandwagon now?

kojirodensetsu
11-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Rachel Maddow looks so much like a stereotypical butch lesbian one has to wonder if she looks like that on purpose for some sort of comedic effect.

The Goat
11-17-2011, 07:18 AM
all the media views change with the morning briefing.

I don't understand the isolationist part, isn't Maddow at least nominally anti-war? I haven't watch her in a long time but is she on the "bomb bomb bomb Iran" bandwagon now?

PredatorOC
11-17-2011, 07:22 AM
us walking around with wheelbarrows full of gold trading, that they would be instantly turned away from him.

Some quick and unchecked math: assuming a wheelbarrow's volume is 6 cubic feet, it would contain 106 troy ounces of gold, which would be worth a bit over $180,000. I may have missed something in the quick conversions, but that's still a lot of money. And I don't know how wealthy these talking heads are, but I don't walk around with $180,000 in my pocket.

$200 in gold would be about 0.12 ounces. Your spare change probably weighs more, yet these morons act like having to deal with physical gold will break their backs.

speciallyblend
11-17-2011, 07:36 AM
we should email rachel and inform here the difference between isolationists and non-interventionists and explain that obama/bush are the isolationists!!

Revolution9
11-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Try pushing a wheelbarrow full of gold, Lol! It would weigh three or four tons, easily.

one metric ton = 2200 pounds = a cube 1 foot 3 inches per side.

Rev9

Revolution9
11-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Some quick and unchecked math: assuming a wheelbarrow's volume is 6 cubic feet, it would contain 106 troy ounces of gold, which would be worth a bit over $180,000. I may have missed something in the quick conversions, but that's still a lot of money. And I don't know how wealthy these talking heads are, but I don't walk around with $180,000 in my pocket.

$200 in gold would be about 0.12 ounces. Your spare change probably weighs more, yet these morons act like having to deal with physical gold will break their backs.

At 6 cubic feet it would hold around five metric tonnes.. at 1.25 cubic feet per MT
32150 troy ounces = one metric ton.
5*32150 = 160,750 troy ounces*1736.00(spot price currently) = 279,062,000.00USD

I will take that wheelbarrow full of gold.

Rev9

Revolution9
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM
we should email rachel and inform here the difference between isolationists and non-interventionists and explain that obama/bush are the isolationists!!

And inform them of the value of gold, its weight, how many hundred of millions of dollars of it fits in a wheelbarrow and how someone has yet to devise a man powered wheelbarrow that holds 5 metric tons.

Rev9

trey4sports
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Actually, Rachel..... I think the GOP is really attracted to gold. There is a STRENGTH of Ron Paul.

cajuncocoa
11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
The left is just as scared of Paul as the right, as you see here.Of course they are, only for a different reason.

JohnGalt23g
11-17-2011, 10:27 AM
If Ron Paul could bring about an economy where everyone would have wheelbarrows of gold ....... I can definitely see that turning people off, who on earth wants a wheelbarrow of gold? *raises hand

Personally, I want my wheelbarrows to be made out of aluminum.

I want my coins made out of gold. :D

RonPaul101.com
11-17-2011, 10:28 AM
The left (and MSNBC) really want Rick Perry as their sole competition; wouldn't you...?

Ted
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Rachel Madcow.

Is that Jezebel Bitch Whore of the Federal Reserve a Lesbian?

Athan
11-17-2011, 12:22 PM
I'll take what I can get!

jason43
11-17-2011, 01:31 PM
The point of gold is exactly that you dont need a wheelbarrow full of it. #facepalm

Captain Shays
11-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Chris Mathews had Ron Paul on his show and Mathews's argument against libertarianism was that "no government" just doesn't work. Ron Paul set him straight and said there is a difference between limited government and no government. So when liberals who don't undersatand what it means to be libertarian say things like "libertarians want no government" say to them that it's the wrong argument every bit as much as us saying that they want the government to control every aspect of our lives from what we eat to who we love to how many peppers to grow.

What Madcow has in common with the establishment Republicans when they use the term "isolationist" is that
#1 they don't know where that term originated.
#2 It came about when Constitutional conservatives opposed the progressive Wilsonian style of foreign policy of policing the world and making the world safe for democracy. Those old style conservatives adhered to the foreign policy of our founding fathers which was armed neutrality or "non interventionism". But the fact is we were NEVER an isolationist country. I remember my fourth grade teacher telling us that we used to be "isolationist" which is a bold face lie. But keep in mind that three generations of Americans have now been taught that there is no difference between "isolationism" and "non interventionism". The new style conservatives are every bit as progressive as the Wilsonians. They are Wilsonians and not only can we educate them on this matter but it's critical to call them out on it.
THIS ladies and gentlemen is one of the ways we WILL win the foreign policy argument that keeps Republicans from supporting Ron Paul

georgiaboy
11-17-2011, 02:12 PM
"Armed Neutrality" -- much better than 'non-interventionist'. Thanks, CS.

HOLLYWOOD
11-17-2011, 02:23 PM
"Armed Neutrality" -- much better than 'non-interventionist'. Thanks, CS.yes, Armed Neutrality much better against the Hawks, Chickenhawks, Neocons.

Newt just had a FREE televised campaign conference/infomercial speech from Florida courtesy of CNN. Newt did bring up one point... Stating that. "MSNBC is the Obama relection campaign channel."