PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul just got BIG support on Iowa's WHO radio!

Dave
11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Steve Deace is the 'afternoon drive' host on statewide WHO Radio. He's a big Huckabee supporter and spends much of his show telling everyone why he thinks Huckabee is the best candidate in the race.

For the first hour today he opened the phone lines and let all callers talk about who they support for 30 seconds, uninterrupted. I didn't count, but I think most of the calls were for Ron Paul! And they were generally quite good. I dialed like crazy and got lots of busy signals but finally got through and he put me on toward the end!

I recall a number of calls for Tancredo and Huckabee and maybe 1 for Giuliani. There should be a podcast up a little later.

Last week Bay Buchanan (sister of Pat and campaign honcho for Tancredo) called in and gave Deace some education on Huckabee. I think he's having someone on from the Huckabee campaign next to try to repair the damage.

Ron Paul Fan
11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Tell these people to answer their phones and respond to polls so we can get in the Fox News debate!

maxmerkel
11-06-2007, 05:10 PM
woot !

John of Des Moines
11-06-2007, 05:10 PM
FYI - Deace said Paul won followed by Tom Tancredo. At least one Huck supporter was this close () to jumping to Paul.

Dave
11-08-2007, 05:19 PM
The podcast is up. Go to this link and select "Callers Shill for their candidate". You can hear several callers' 30-second 'campaign ads', including a surprisingly large number for Ron Paul (I haven't counted). My call is at about 20:20.

This ended up being some nice free advertising for Ron Paul.

http://www.whoradio.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=deace.xml

Lord Xar
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Dave,

Are you hearing many of Ron Pauls' Radio commercials?

Tratzman
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Xar,

He's got them up and running here in Iowa. Now we've just got to get the T.V. ads showing. We had an eastern Iowa meetup with campaign headquarters last night in Cedar Rapids to strategize for the caucuses. We'll be doing direct calling to all registered Republicans and probably some Independents. If you guys could help out in any way, we'd definitely appreciate it!

Chad

John of Des Moines
11-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Dave,

I've heard two different favors on WHO in the past couple of days

Dave
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Dave,

I was just coming home from RP HQ and heard a NEW radio commercial on WOW 98.3. It was from the official campaign and I had never heard it before. It was a woman lamenting how all the candidates sound the same as last time and look how Iraq turned out. Then a man explains how Ron Paul is different...then Ron Paul says a few words.

I like the commercial - getting Ron Paul into the ears of Iowans.

Now I'm heading back down to RP HQ to help with caucus training. I might as well have stayed.

Nash
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Really interesting how much support Tancredo appears to have in Iowa.

I really hope he gets out of the way sooner rather than later, I think a good portion of his supporters would jump into the Paul camp.

werdd
11-08-2007, 05:41 PM
lol the first caller is a paulite

runderwo
11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Really interesting how much support Tancredo appears to have in Iowa.

I really hope he gets out of the way sooner rather than later, I think a good portion of his supporters would jump into the Paul camp.

Depends if they support him primarily for being a neocon, or on the other hand for his hardline Constitution and immigration positions.

Adamsa
11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
The only reason anyone supports Tancredo is because of immigration.

JMO
11-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I listened to this podcast and i also tallied the votes.

Ron Paul-8
Tom Tancredo-5
Mike Huckabee-4
Rudy Giuliani-1
Mitt Romney-1
Fred Thompson-1
Joe Biden-1
Duncan Hunter-1

BLS
11-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I listened to this podcast and i also tallied the votes.

Ron Paul-8
Tom Tancredo-5
Mike Huckabee-4
Rudy Giuliani-1
Mitt Romney-1
Fred Thompson-1
Joe Biden-1
Duncan Hunter-1

DICK!...I'm 90% done and doing the same thing.... :D

JMO
11-08-2007, 05:50 PM
DICK!...I'm 90% done and doing the same thing.... :D

Sorry :(

You can always double check my count :)

BLS
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry :(

You can always double check my count :)
I am.... ;)

BLS
11-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Ron Paul - 11111111
Giuliani - 1
Huckabee - 1111
Romney - 1
McCain -
Tancredo - 11111
Biden - 1
Hillary - 1
Obama -
Thompson - 1
Hunter - 1

thegearbox
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
LOL.....I loved the Clinton comment.

Ron Paul Fan
11-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Depends if they support him primarily for being a neocon, or on the other hand for his hardline Constitution and immigration positions.

Illegal immigration is a big problem in some Iowa towns that have meatpacking plants. Tancredo has probably developed a little following in Iowa because of this issue.

JMO
11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
i did not count the Hilary vote because that was a joke call. the guy said he was supporting Hilary then said all the bad things about her.

RP08
11-08-2007, 06:13 PM
That's cool. On Monday I emailed our popular afternoon talk radio host to tell him to keep an eye on Ron Paul's donations for a historic event. The next day he dedicated a full 2 hours of his rush hour show talking about the $4.2+M in 1 day and of course about Ron Paul. Almost all callers were positive for RP. Host had plenty good to say but also kept saying he thinks Huckabee is "the man" too. I wonder if he has actually studied up much. He'd realize Hucky is just another one of the same old politicians and not a true statesman like Ron Paul.

Jim Brown
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Ron Paul 9 callers*
Tom Tancredo 5*
Mike Huckabee 4
Rudy Giuliani 1
Mitt Romney 1
Fred Thompson 1
Duncan Hunter 1
Hillary Clinton 1?

*One caller was on the fence I gave 1 to RP and 1 to TT