PDA

View Full Version : Louise T. McFadden: 25 minute Speech on the Great Depression and the Federal Reserve 1932

Gumba of Liberty
11-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Wow, a must read. It turns out that McFadden died suddenly in 1936 in NYC due to food poisoning, I wonder why.

http://www.afn.org/~govern/mcfadden_speech_1932.html

Concluding Paragraphs:

What is needed here is a return to the Constitution of the United States. We need to have a complete divorce of Bank and State. The old struggle that was fought out here in Jackson's day must be fought over again. The independent United States Treasury should be re-established and the Government should keep its own money under lock and key in the building the people provided for that purpose. Asset currency, the device of the swindler, should be done away with. The Government should buy gold and issue United States currency on it. The business of the independent bankers should be restored to them. The State banking systems should be freed from coercion The Federal Reserve districts should be abolished and the State boundaries should be respected. Bank reserves should be kept within the borders of the States whose people own them, and this reserve money of the people should be protected so that the international bankers and acceptance bankers and discount dealers can not draw it away from them. The exchanges should be closed while we are putting our financial affairs in order. The Federal Reserve act should be repealed and the Federal Reserve banks, having violated their charters, should be liquidated immediately. Faithless Government officers who have violated their oaths of office should be impeached and brought to trial. Unless this is done by us, I predict that the American people, outraged, robbed, pillaged, insulted, and betrayed as they are in their own land, will rise in their wrath and send a President here who will sweep the money changers out of the temple.

I think, after a century, we have finally found our man. Thank God.

Aratus
11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
!!!