PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Miller Might Endorse Ron Paul

SchleckBros
11-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Tonight on The O'reilly Factor he said he is changing his endorsement because Cain can't win. He is considering Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romney. But BillO bashed him and basically BillO told him he can't endorse Paul because of Iran. Dennis Miller didn't really know what to say about that.

We need to call into his radio show tomorrow and try to sway him towards Ron Paul side.

bluesc
11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I hate how O'Reilly has so much sway. It was probably a warning. People famously lose syndication when speaking highly of Paul.

Maximus
It'd be great if Tom Woods called in, he has been on his show before and Dennis seemed to love everything he said.

trey4sports
lol, god damn I bet Bill nearly shit his pants when he heard Dennis say that. I'd be willing to bet that Dennis doesn't endorse Ron but the fact that he even mentioned Ron is great.

lucent
11-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Any YouTube?

SchleckBros
11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Any YouTube?

Not yet. It will re-air at around 11:40 PM.

RecoveringNeoCon
11-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I just saw that about 15 mins ago. He said, "I just may land on Planet Paul" - or something like that. Of course he also noted Gingrich and Romney as his preferred candidates also. Very interesting :D

Oreilly reacted by saying that he couldn't quite see Dennis in the Paul camp. Oreilly then made fun of Paul's Iran stance by saying something like, "Ya know, Dennis, his whole dancing with Iran thing is pretty scary". Dennis kind of agreed.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Dennis used to be a raging liberal and then became a hawk, so it is possible that he may have evolved. But I'm thinking that he's leaning towards Gingrich.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-16-2011, 08:00 PM
The best thing is that he said Cain can't win

NewRightLibertarian
11-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Dennis used to be a raging liberal and then became a hawk, so it is possible that he may have evolved. But I'm thinking that he's leaning towards Gingrich.

He was never a liberal, he was a libertarian.

LibXist
11-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Tube please.

Carehn
11-16-2011, 08:03 PM
No way. I don't buy it.

BuddyRey
11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
The Dennis Miller of 20 years ago would already have endorsed RP by now. No doubt in my mind.

9/11 really changed him.

Deborah K
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Here's a clip from August with Dennis and BOR talking about Ron Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3mTykeVRtg

I want to ask Tom to call Dennis tomorrow....

SchleckBros
11-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Here's a clip from August with Dennis and BOR talking about Ron Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3mTykeVRtg

I want to ask Tom to call Dennis tomorrow....

HAHAHA this just shows how dumb BillO is. "With all due respect to Herman Cain and Congressman Paul. They don't have a chance... The three that have a chance are Romney, Perry, and Bachmann."

Hello Bill, Ron Paul (the man that doesn't have a chance) is beating two of the people you said were going to win the nomination. You really know a lot.

11-16-2011, 08:21 PM
I hate O'Reilly so much right now. I can't wait to see his head explode when Ron wins.

It really does look like Miller might endorse.

milo10
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Not that I can ever recall, unless he uses the term libertarian in the same way Bill Maher does. He was basically a liberal, who went hawkish conservative around the time of 9/11.

KingNothing
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM
He'll endorse Newt. And then when Newt fades he'll endorse Willard.

Deborah K
11-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Did you hear Dennis say: I'll do it if everyone else will do it. ??? And did you hear Dick Morris say: Ron has to show how his ideas are proving to be correct. ??

NewRightLibertarian
11-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Not that I can ever recall, unless he uses the term libertarian in the same way Bill Maher does. He was basically a liberal, who went hawkish conservative around the time of 9/11.

I watched almost every episode of his HBO show, and he was extremely libertarian back then. I agree that he became a hawkish neocon after 9/11

rprprs
11-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Saw it. Miller's first mention of Paul as a possible person he could support sounded sincere, but Bully O'Reilly succeeded in making it sound tongue-in-cheek at best. In essence, he caved.

CaptUSA
11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey... I don't know if Miller knows it or not, but Ron Paul grew up in Dennis Miller's hometown. (well, 3 miles away) Being from the area, I bet this would be a huge selling point for Miller!!

If you try to contact him, be sure to mention that Paul went to Dormont!

KingNothing
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey... I don't know if Miller knows it or not, but Ron Paul grew up in Dennis Miller's hometown. (well, 3 miles away) Being from the area, I bet this would be a huge selling point for Miller!!

If you try to contact him, be sure to mention that Paul went to Dormont!

Yes. All of us southwestern-PA folks should stick together! :-)

Deborah K
11-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Saw it. Miller's first mention of Paul as a possible person he could support sounded sincere, but Bully O'Reilly succeeded in making it sound tongue-in-cheek at best. In essence, he caved.

I didn't take it that way. I think he acquiesced just to get BOR off his arse. I think he's listening to Ron's message. He needs to have a discussion with Tom and Mike Scheuer.....and then he needs to grow some hair so he can face BOR when he's ready to endorse Ron! :D

RDM
11-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes. All of us southwestern-PA folks should stick together! :-)

Here..here...

iamse7en
11-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Also, in this same episode, in the email section at the end, a writer asks who is attacking Killing Lincoln on Amazon, the occupiers? Bill says "there is some far-left involvement, but the primary people dishonestly sliming the book are Ron Paul supporters. Amazon and Congressman Paul are aware of the situation..." then he thanks those for going on and giving positive reviews. I think BillO is my least favorite person in the media.

zerosdontcount
11-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Should we treat Bill O like Iran? lol

jct74
11-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Rand and Dennis have become pretty chummy lately, Rand goes on his show a lot and they crack a lot of jokes back and forth and Rand sometimes sways his opinion on an issue, that might something to do with him warming up to Ron lately. It will be a miracle if he endorses Ron though, he still has major differences with Ron on foreign policy. Here is what he said last week about Ron's foreign policy, right after he got done interviewing Rand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fA6wjFw4LQ#t=7m30s

Feelgood
11-16-2011, 11:23 PM
I hope someone is keeping a catalog of all the times Bill has said Ron can not win. Would make a great video to be pieced together, finishing off with Ron's inauguration. :)

donnay
11-16-2011, 11:30 PM
I watched almost every episode of his HBO show, and he was extremely libertarian back then. I agree that he became a hawkish neocon after 9/11

You're right he did claim to be a libertarian before 9/11.

michaelkellenger
11-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Bill O was warning Dennis that if he endorses RP that he may not be appearing on his show any longer.

rideurlightning
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
I used to really like Dennis. He's a funny guy. If he endorsed Ron I would gain respect for him again.

jbuttell
11-17-2011, 12:04 AM
I occasionally tune in, I'm not convinced he has any intention of voting for Ron until someone like billo tells him it's ok Like any of these guys, they fail to grasp the gravity of what Ron is saying and prefer to stay submerged in the illusion.

papitosabe
11-17-2011, 12:45 AM
He needs to have a discussion with Tom and Mike Scheuer.....

I agree, I think Rand could talk to his dad and make that happen...I think I read that Mike and Ron speak every once in awhile.

vechorik
11-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Go to Dennis Miller's Facebook and give him some good talking points re: Israel/Iran.
I posted -- at least give Ron Paul comments a thumbs up!

http://www.facebook.com/DennisDMZ

wgadget
11-17-2011, 08:46 AM

How long till he realizes that Gingrich can't win, either? Or Romney, for that matter?

Okie RP fan
11-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Send an email to Dennis Miller with some points about Iran.

Of course, the war propaganda machine is in full swing against Iran right now.

unconsious767
11-17-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm sure we'd welcome this, but I have my doubts, babe.

Carole
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Also, in this same episode, in the email section at the end, a writer asks who is attacking Killing Lincoln on Amazon, the occupiers? Bill says "there is some far-left involvement, but the primary people dishonestly sliming the book are Ron Paul supporters. Amazon and Congressman Paul are aware of the situation..." then he thanks those for going on and giving positive reviews. I think BillO is my least favorite person in the media.

Just tell O'Reilly it's BLOWBACK. :D

Carole
11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Tonight on The O'reilly Factor he said he is changing his endorsement because Cain can't win. He is considering Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romney. But BillO bashed him and basically BillO told him he can't endorse Paul because of Iran. Dennis Miller didn't really know what to say about that.

We need to call into his radio show tomorrow and try to sway him towards Ron Paul side.

Miller may vote for him, but he cannot endorse Dr. Paul and keep his jobs. :D

Miller needs to invite Dr. Paul on his show for a tete-a-tete. In other words, instead of following every new "surger"-du-jour, Miller should get a spine and actually learn something about the "top tier" of the week.

georgiaboy
11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Great news that Dennis put Ron on his list in front of Bill's audience. Another crack appears in the dam.

9-11 sent a bunch of us into a hawkish tailspin, myself included. Getting back on track takes some of us longer than others.

Easiest point about Iran is that it's Iraq redux. WMD's, WMD's, WMD's!

steve7
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Email Dennis Miller here to ask him to Endorse Ron Paul. hxxp://www.dennismillerradio.com/pg/jsp/general/contact.jsp?form6=open#form6

vechorik
11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
I emailed -- thanks for the link --- said something like Dr. Paul has a great-sounding laugh and flattered Miller in that "two big-brains laughing it up" would be a delight to behold. Tossed in that I'm VietNam vet questioning constant war, most veteran donations to Paul, etc.

Go for it folks!

jct74
11-17-2011, 10:48 AM
starts talking about Cain at 0:45, then Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLb28SWsK3c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLb28SWsK3c

Eric21ND
11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
email Dennis Miller and tell him to get Michael Scheuer on his show.