PDA

View Full Version : EXPLAINING Government Reductions is Needed

Quantumystic
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
On another site forum, a few people point out, correctly so, that Dr. Paul mostly likely has a disconnect w/ certain types of voters. Specifically, many people hear him say he'd like to get rid of many federal programs and agencies... and they can't grasp HOW that would work or WHAT would happen then.

I have no doubt that Dr. Paul has a clear vision of this in his own mind, but having some detailed "roadmap" scenarios that actually walk people through the possibilities of HOW we can "get from here to there" would probably really open the eyes of alot of people.

I'm going to challenge people here to put "on paper" their concepts of HOW some of Dr. Paul's ideas could work. A Proposal, if you will, setting benchmarks at 3 months, 6 months, 1 yr, 2yrs, and 4 yrs.

A quick example (minus added details):

The "Apollo Energy Program"

The Apollo program would NOT be an actual federally run concept. It would be a federally facilitated cooperative of the States, where the States each have their own Energy Department controlling the development and implimentation locally.

@3 months: President Paul would have received commitments from all 50 of the State Governors to appoint State Energy Representatives to a States Energy Council that is mandated to hold its first meeting by the 6 month mark. The primary purpose of the States Council is to establish a forum for the States to work out cooperation standards between themselves. Looking at which States possess the most attractive energy resources, and helping them negotiate between each other.

In this way, the citizens of each state would be far better represented, and have a much greater degree of Accountability to their collective interests... such as emmisions regulation, alternative/renewable energy sources, etc.

@6 months: President Paul would have seen the first Council meeting occur. The result of that being, among other things, that the States would have been instructed to develop and submit their proposals for energy development in 6 months at the 1 yr mark. So that part of that 1 yr mark meeting would resemble going to a major industry convention. Each state having expos demonsrating the technologies and resources that best represent their interests. Classic Free Market approach.

Also @ 6 months... the DoE and the EPA would be required to submit to the President a preliminary report outlining proposals for executing a 25% budget reduction over 18 months, and an additional 25% reduction over the following 18 months.

@1 yr: President Paul would issue a decision on the final budget reductions to be implimented in the first stage/25% cuts, and begin executing them immediately.

...stuff like this, but more thorough of course. If everyone picked ONE topic and wrote out their idea of HOW it really could work... we can submit them(by topic) to the campaign. Dr. Paul can have his staff (congressional) look them over and show him the ones that, in their experience w/ the Dr., reflect his own ideas best.

This is something that CAN be accomplished before Iowa. Write-ups need to be ready to upload by the end of this month (2 wks).

Let's see if we can save the Dr. some time, and help articulate his message :D

El_ToRrO
06-15-2007, 12:13 PM
On another site forum, a few people point out, correctly so, that Dr. Paul mostly likely has a disconnect w/ certain types of voters. Specifically, many people hear him say he'd like to get rid of many federal programs and agencies... and they can't grasp HOW that would work or WHAT would happen then.

I was actually pondering this very issue the other day. Getting rid of all these federal programs and agencies probably sounds scary to alot of people. I have to admit, before i got some more in depth understanding of some of the issues i would have felt the same way.

For eample, the Federal Reserve, how works and why it would be good to get rid of it. Previously, my natural reaction to anybody suggesting it be abolished would have been "This guy is nuts, that would destroy the whole financial system".

I think educating people on how and why Dr. Paul's ideas make perfect sense is very important so that people dont get freaked out when they hear all this stuff about cutting all these federal agencies.

angrydragon
06-15-2007, 01:17 PM
One thing, these departments didn't exist before and the people were fine. These programs and departments will be phased out and the market will help ease the transition.