PDA

View Full Version : NEW polling info for Ron Paul

Emptyeternity
11-16-2011, 05:21 PM
If you count the MSNBC and CBS online poll (the two largest online polls conducted yet), there were a total of 340,000+ votes, and Ron Paul won a combined 52%, second place was Mitt Romney with 13%.
In fact, if you add up all GOP opponents combined, Ron wins by 10,000+ votes!!!
Conclusion: Ron not only gets more votes than the whole GOP combined, but he gets more donations from the troops than the whole gop combined!!!

11-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but online polls aren't scientific. ;)

Emptyeternity
11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
They are more scientific than traditional polling methods that have leading questions. The sample is waaay bigger. I think your following the old narrative.

afwjam
11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
The Internet polls aren't useful and neither are the national polls. The early state polls are the ones that matter and are the most accurate about what is actually happening.

NeoconTea
11-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Traditional polling is shown to have a much stronger correlation to actual primary results. Online polls just show that there are a lot of people who could be phone banking for us, but instead are voting online.

trey4sports
11-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Traditional polling is shown to have a much stronger correlation to actual primary results. Online polls just show that there are a lot of people who could be phone banking for us, but instead are voting online.

lol

afwjam
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
+rep
Phone Banking is Key!

sailingaway
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Thank you for posting this. It shows there is major enthusiasm which will translate to Ron overperforming in caucus states, at minimum!!

Don't let everyone rain on your parade. Online polls often give earned media when the site reports the results, and show activism. They are not an end in itself, but they are fun, and are a cultural bonding activity here.

11-16-2011, 05:45 PM
They are more scientific than traditional polling methods that have leading questions. The sample is waaay bigger. I think your following the old narrative.

I'm not being negative or putting you down, but you'll learn, stick around.

Emptyeternity
11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I will learn? lol, what you think because im new posting here I don't how this works? Been a dailypaul member since 2007, i come here to the forums to educate. stick around lol

craezie
11-16-2011, 06:18 PM
unfortunately the sample isn't of age, registered Republican, and willing to drive their butts down to the polls to vote.

InTradePro
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
If you count the MSNBC and CBS online poll (the two largest online polls conducted yet), there were a total of 340,000+ votes, and Ron Paul won a combined 52%, second place was Mitt Romney with 13%.
In fact, if you add up all GOP opponents combined, Ron wins by 10,000+ votes!!!
Conclusion: Ron not only gets more votes than the whole GOP combined, but he gets more donations from the troops than the whole gop combined!!!

It's nice to see but remember that maybe just among those that are interested in politics, might contain lots of democrats who can't vote for Dr Paul and international supporters that can't vote. Plus it doesn't reach the offline traditional people that may not be so keen to vote for Dr Paul because of mainstream media. Still it's cool to win and by such a big margin on those you highlight.

Veteran Citizen
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Same goes for troop donations. The number of donors is very small, not close to a representative sample. The Military is not very political, not many of them donate to begin with, so with such a small sample, it may not translate to votes. The best way to get votes is to get RP's message to the troops.