PDA

View Full Version : DOJ: Make It a Federal Crime to “Lie” on the Internet

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 01:16 PM
DOJ: Make It a Federal Crime to “Lie” on the Internet

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
November 16, 2011

Obama’s Department of Justice will tell Congress today it should have the ability to prosecute people who lie on the internet. It wants to do this by making it illegal to breach the terms of service of websites.

The DOJ’s deputy computer crime chief, Richard Downing, will argue that the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) — an amendment to the Counterfeit Access Device and Abuse Act generally used to prosecute hacking and other serious cyber-crime — must give prosecutors the ability to charge people “based upon a violation of terms of service or similar contractual agreement with an employer or provider,” according to Andrew Couts, writing for Digital Trends.

Downing said law enforcement needs the revision in order to prosecute individuals for identity theft, privacy invasion or the misuse of government databases, and other violations of the law.

Orin S. Kerr, professor of George Washington University Law School, told Digital Trends that if implemented the law would criminalize people under the age of 18 who use the Google Search engine. Under its terms of service, minors are not allowed to use Google or its services.

“The same goes for someone who uses a fake name in their Facebook profile, or sheds a few pounds in their Match.com description — both of which are forbidden by those sites’ terms of service,” Couts notes.

If implemented, the government will not use the law to prosecute people who use fake names on Facebook, although it may use it selectively to prosecute “cyber-criminals.”

It is designed to attack alternative media. According to the government, the internet is a wasteland of lies, disinformation, and conspiracy theories.

In 2009, the government was so concerned about “conspiracy theories” it created a web page to debunk information challenging the official explanation of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

”The existence of both domestic and foreign conspiracy theories, we suggest, is no trivial matter, posing real risks to the government’s antiterrorism policies, whatever the latter may be,” Obama’s administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Cass Sunstein, wrote in a paper entitled “Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures.” Sunstein proposed infiltrating “extremist groups” – the alternative media – that deviate from the official narrative on 9/11 and other government-spun fairy tales.

Modifying the CFAA appears to be an attempt silence government critics and journalists who “lie” about 9/11 and other official narratives.

The government may not actually prosecute people for challenging official disinformation and propaganda, but it will may use the law to intimidate journalists and editors.

http://www.infowars.com/doj-make-it-a-federal-crime-to-lie-on-the-internet/

Krugerrand
11-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Subsequently, Obama's speeches will no longer be posted on the White House website.

donnay
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Subsequently, Obama's speeches will no longer be posted on the White House website.

Or any politicians speeches (of course with exception to Ron Paul) for that matter!

jkr
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM
how about making it a federal crime for government "officials" (read OVERSEERS) to lie IN REAL F'N LIFE!!!:eek:

i hear they do it ALL THE TIME!:mad:

might be a new revenue stream:D

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 01:34 PM

In an unrelated decision, of course.

Kylie
11-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Guess all of the CIA and DOJ will be under arrest then, eh?

donnay
11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Guess all of the CIA and DOJ will be under arrest then, eh?

They "think" they are above the law!

Miss Annie
11-16-2011, 01:45 PM
OMG..... the media will go up in flames!!

RDM
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
If this passes, I guess we have to vote politicians into prison?

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Is there another source for this story besides Infowars?

Krugerrand
11-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Yahoo news:
http://news.yahoo.com/lying-internet-could-soon-federal-crime-232406135.html

Cnet:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-57324779-281/doj-lying-on-match.com-needs-to-be-a-crime/

Legal Information Institute:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1030.html

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 02:03 PM

If you google the title I'm sure something will show up. What is everyone's obsession with not using InfoWars as a source?

Krugerrand
11-16-2011, 02:10 PM
If you google the title I'm sure something will show up. What is everyone's obsession with not using InfoWars as a source?

Sometimes people want to share these gems but know that certain individuals will not even consider looking at InfoWars. Thus, if they want to share it, they need an alternate source.

That said, google did the trick for me.

LawnWake
11-16-2011, 02:13 PM
So.. what am I supposed to do online?

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
What is everyone's obsession with not using InfoWars as a source?Because they are notoriously unreliable, inaccurate, and just flat out embellish the truth. That being said they have zero credibility. And as posted above some people just won't go there. So having other more "respected" links (not that the MSM is much better) works better.

DamianTV
11-16-2011, 04:04 PM
If we made it a Federal Crime to Lie by anyone that is even remotely connected with any form of Government, our own Goverment would run into the problem of Incarcerating ITSELF!

Peace&Freedom
11-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Because they are notoriously unreliable, inaccurate, and just flat out embellish the truth. That being said they have zero credibility. And as posted above some people just won't go there. So having other more "respected" links (not that the MSM is much better) works better.

The government is about to shut the net down, and some people are more concerned with retreading shopworn, long refuted garbage about Infowars' accuracy. Get some perspective, PLEASE! The average Infowars story has 10 times more sourcing behind it than a typical 'respectable' pro-government slanted MSM story. The more people want to be 'respectable' with the current establishment order, the longer it will take us to replace it.

fisharmor
11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Blah blah blah ministry of truth blah blah blah thoughtcrime blah blah blah blah we have always been at war with eurasia.

I get the feeling I've already read a lot of these articles.

Philhelm
11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
If we made it a Federal Crime to Lie by anyone that is even remotely connected with any form of Government, our own Goverment would run into the problem of Incarcerating ITSELF!

Maybe if we had a Constitutional verson of HAL 9000 running things...which might not be such a bad idea.

DamianTV
11-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Maybe if we had a Constitutional verson of HAL 9000 running things...which might not be such a bad idea.

Already invented. Its called a Paulbot! And its not just his supporters!

(now, to actually come up with the hardware for a literal Paulbot...)

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 04:38 PM
The government is about to shut the net down, and some people are more concerned with retreading shopworn, long refuted garbage about Infowars' accuracy. Get some perspective, PLEASE! The average Infowars story has 10 times more sourcing behind it than a typical 'respectable' pro-government slanted MSM story. The more people want to be 'respectable' with the current establishment order, the longer it will take us to replace it.The problem is that a lot of their stories DON'T have sourcing and accuracy to it. It's enough for them to be considered untrustworthy.

donnay
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
The problem is that a lot of their stories DON'T have sourcing and accuracy to it. It's enough for them to be considered untrustworthy.

Then it's clear you haven't read many of their articles--they are chock-full of sources.

I love how people use a lame excuse with no real examples to besmirch a bunch of patriots. :rolleyes:

flightlesskiwi
11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Guess it's time for ya'll to free your inner outlaw (http://www.backwoodshome.com/columns/wolfe0106.html)

pcosmar
11-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Guess it's time for ya'll to free your inner outlaw (http://www.backwoodshome.com/columns/wolfe0106.html)

Inner Outlaw.

lol

you're probably new enough not to have read my Background check.
;)

donnay
11-16-2011, 05:32 PM

Great read! Thanks for posting it!

pcosmar
11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
What is everyone's obsession with not using InfoWars as a source?

That is where a number of stories break.
MIAC for instance.
And that weird Private Police company in Hardin Montana.

A better question is why are MSM considered credible?

DamianTV
11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Back on topic, it is Acceptable for Police to Lie in order to obtain false information that they can use in court, but we cant even misrepresent our weight? Yet, we turn our focus on the MSM? No! We need to turn our focus against the sons of bitches that announce these kinds of Tyrannical Laws so they know we are sick of their shit, and if they dont clean their act up, they will be out!

donnay
11-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Back on topic, it is Acceptable for Police to Lie in order to obtain false information that they can use in court, but we cant even misrepresent our weight? Yet, we turn our focus on the MSM? No! We need to turn our focus against the sons of bitches that announce these kinds of Tyrannical Laws so they know we are sick of their shit, and if they dont clean their act up, they will be out!

Or behind bars!!
+rep

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Then it's clear you haven't read many their articles--they are chock-full of sources.

I love how people use a lame excuse with no real examples to besmirch a bunch of patriots. :rolleyes:Two examples I can think of immediately without any research.

1- During some Iranian protests they claimed some images were doctored when they were in fact not.
2- Recently they said the TSA were setting up road blocks for Halloween DUI inspections when it was the local LEOs who were doing it.

There are many more examples that I don't remember off the top of my head, but they are enough to make IW/PP untrustworthy.

NewRightLibertarian
11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Because they are notoriously unreliable, inaccurate, and just flat out embellish the truth. That being said they have zero credibility. And as posted above some people just won't go there. So having other more "respected" links (not that the MSM is much better) works better.

How can you say they have no credibility? Didn't Alex Jones go out and say EXACTLY how 9/11 would happen months before it went down? It seems like that would give them an extreme amount of credibility, but I guess people like you are totally devoted to spouting mindless media-promoted propaganda.

amy31416
11-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Two examples I can think of immediately without any research.

1- During some Iranian protests they claimed some images were doctored when they were in fact not.
2- Recently they said the TSA were setting up road blocks for Halloween DUI inspections when it was the local LEOs who were doing it.

There are many more examples that I don't remember off the top of my head, but they are enough to make IW/PP untrustworthy.

I don't care about this, what is annoying (item #2,234 about you), is that you have to try to knowingly piss people off who do like AJ, rather than do a fucking Google search yourself. You could even be subtle and post another source for those who are not Alex Jones fans.

But no, you're a little princess pants who wants attention, no matter how you get it.

Even this post is attention that you thrive on. But I am curious--are you intelligent enough to do a simple Google search or not?

low preference guy
11-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Because they are notoriously unreliable, inaccurate, and just flat out embellish the truth.

They do all these a lot less than the MSM.

donnay
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Until you cite your sources, your argument is moot.

The Free Hornet
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
This approach was not held up in the case of Lori Drew:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Lori_Drew

They could use that example and new legislation and a civil-rights unfriendly DOJ (and SCOTUS) to de facto outlaw "cyber-bullying":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber-bullying

In essense, they will get the big websites like Facebook and Twitter and Google to make cyber-bullying against their Terms of Use. Once done, anybody accused of being a cyber-bully can be prosecuted with laws once designed for hard-core hackers (or crackers, to be more precise).

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM

I'll assume the first half of this was meant as a joke.

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 06:44 PM
The government is about to shut the net down, and some people are more concerned with retreading shopworn, long refuted garbage about Infowars' accuracy. Get some perspective, PLEASE! The average Infowars story has 10 times more sourcing behind it than a typical 'respectable' pro-government slanted MSM story. The more people want to be 'respectable' with the current establishment order, the longer it will take us to replace it.

+ rep for truth

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Then it's clear you haven't read many of their articles--they are chock-full of sources.

I love how people use a lame excuse with no real examples to besmirch a bunch of patriots. :rolleyes:

+rep

I've never seen articles with so many sources before I discovered InfoWars.

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
How can you say they have no credibility? Didn't Alex Jones go out and say EXACTLY how 9/11 would happen months before it went down? It seems like that would give them an extreme amount of credibility, but I guess people like you are totally devoted to spouting mindless media-promoted propaganda.

Yes Alex Jones did predict it :)

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 06:57 PM

InfoWars reported both of these accurately. Have fun ignoring the truth.

brushfire
11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
This very argument was used to pass the FOID Act in IL. Its also why handguns were banned in Chicago. "We need another way of capturing the criminals - even though you might fall subject to this, we only want to get the bad guys"

These people are in a hurry, paving their way to hell.

moderate libertarian
11-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Let's say an Obama speech is being streamed online, can Obama be tried for crimes under such a proposed law on complaints by people who heard his speech on internet only?
Same thorny issue for online video/print messages of almost all politicians. Therefore I think this law would not be enacted.

Revolution9
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
The problem is that a lot of their stories DON'T have sourcing and accuracy to it. It's enough for them to be considered untrustworthy.

And you get your news from where? <waiting to laugh at its credibility and point out umpteen times they lied blatantly just recently>

Rev9

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Until you cite your sources, your argument is moot.Link to that article and I'll show you.

InfoWars reported both of these accurately. Have fun ignoring the truth.No, their article about the TSA doing DUI checkpoints was completely FALSE.

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 07:12 PM
They do all these a lot less than the MSM.Fair point. However AJ is a propagandist, make no mistake about it just as the MSM has their own agenda too. AJ is however trying to promote liberty and create a distrust of government which is good. His methods of either being negligently inaccurate or just blatantly stretching the truth make him an incredible source though.

donnay
11-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Link to that article and I'll show you.
No, their article about the TSA doing DUI checkpoints was completely FALSE.

Tennessee Deploys TSA VIPR Teams on Highways with Drug Sniffing Dogs

PORTLAND, Tenn. – You’re probably used to seeing TSA’s signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).

“Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane more likely on the interstate,” said Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons.

Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.

Agents are recruiting truck drivers, like Rudy Gonzales, into the First Observer Highway Security Program to say something if they see something.

"Not only truck drivers, but cars, everybody should be aware of what's going on, on the road," said Gonzales.

It's all meant to urge every driver to call authorities if they see something suspicious.

"Somebody sees something somewhere and we want them to be responsible citizens, report that and let us work it through our processes to abate the concern that they had when they saw something suspicious," said Paul Armes, TSA Federal Security Director for Nashville International Airport.

The Tennessee Highway Patrol checked trucks at the weigh station with drug and bomb sniffing dogs during random inspections.

"The bottom line is this: if you see something suspicious say something about it," Gibbons said Tuesday.

The random inspections really aren't any more thorough than normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference. Trott pointed out it was an Oklahoma state trooper who stopped Timothy McVeigh for not having a license plate after the Oklahoma City bombing in the early 1990s.

Tuesday's statewide "VIPR" operation isn't in response to any particular threat, according to officials.

Armes said intelligence indicates law enforcement should focus on the highways as well as the airports.

Email: aghassemi@newschannel5.com
Facebook: facebook.com/NC5AdamGhassemi
Twitter: twitter.com/NC5_AGhassemi

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15725035/officials-claim-tennessee-becomes-first-state-to-deploy-vipr-statewide

Amy is right, you are too lazy to conduct a "Google" search to try and seek the truth. For pity's sake, it's not Alex Jones and his crew that lacks credibility it's YOU!

acptulsa
11-16-2011, 07:26 PM
[B][SIZE=3]Orin S. Kerr, professor of George Washington University Law School, told Digital Trends that if implemented the law would criminalize people under the age of 18 who use the Google Search engine. Under its terms of service, minors are not allowed to use Google or its services.

“The same goes for someone who uses a fake name in their Facebook profile, or sheds a few pounds in their Match.com description — both of which are forbidden by those sites’ terms of service,” Couts notes.

Would anyone mind if I hijacked this debate over the relative merits of InfoWars long enough to observe that passing laws against minors performing some action or another that they are currently accustomed to doing and are unlikely to go to 'reform school' over seems like a ploy to take yet more children away from their parents? And as long as I'm interrupting, may I also observe that passing laws and then saying that they won't be enforced makes me wonder why they get passed at all--unless it's their intention to either enforce them selectively or enforce them later?

Sorry to re-rail this thread. Do carry on.

LibertyEagle
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Damn it, Zanzibar, you have completely changed the focus of this thread. You have pulled this same crap about articles from The New American, when all you had to do to get your precious little alternative sources was to click on the link and read the damn article. But, no, you expected someone else to do that for you. No one works for you, here. Earn your salary and get to clicking.

LibertyEagle
11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Would anyone mind if I hijacked this debate over the relative merits of InfoWars long enough to observe that passing laws against minors performing some action or another that they are currently accustomed to doing and are unlikely to go to 'reform school' over seems like a ploy to take yet more children away from their parents? And as long as I'm interrupting, may I also observe that passing laws and then saying that they won't be enforced makes me wonder why they get passed at all--unless it's their intention to either enforce them selectively or enforce them later?

Absolutely.

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Tennessee Deploys TSA VIPR Teams on Highways with Drug Sniffing Dogs
That article was not what I was referring to. There was one a week or two later that said the TSA/DHS was doing DUI checkpoints for Halloween which was patently false.

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 07:37 PM
And you get your news from where? Largely RPF and FB :p

donnay
11-16-2011, 07:42 PM

Exactly! Not to mention these laws are downright unconstitutional! :mad:

donnay
11-16-2011, 07:44 PM
That article was not what I was referring to. There was one a week or two later that said the TSA/DHS was doing DUI checkpoints for Halloween which was patently false.

Again, you are wrong here is the infowars article: (Oh and by the way, all the sources are in the article, all you have to do is hit the hyperlinks.)

DHS Announces Halloween Checkpoints In Tennessee To Keep Children Safe

http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-announces-halloween-checkpoints-in-tennessee-to-keep-children-safe.html

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Again, you are wrong here is the infowars article: (Oh and by the way, all the sources are in the article, all you have to do is hit the hyperlinks.)

http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-announces-halloween-checkpoints-in-tennessee-to-keep-children-safe.htmlWhich sourced article says ANYTHING about the DHS or TSA?!

Answer: none of them, IW just made it up.

DamianTV
11-16-2011, 07:59 PM

http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-announces-halloween-checkpoints-in-tennessee-to-keep-children-safe.html

Papers! Papers please! Not that they really have to say please, they are given the authority by having a bunch of other well organized thugs with guns and badges, and there is pretty much no such thing as an Unlawful Arrest anymore. We are the Mundanes. We are the criminals regardless if we do anything wrong or not. Now, as far as the Police State and Checkpoints everywhere, not all Germans were adamantly opposed to the ideas of Checkpoints either, but, we saw how that turned out for them.

Echoes
11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't care about this, what is annoying (item #2,234 about you), is that you have to try to knowingly piss people off who do like AJ, rather than do a fucking Google search yourself. You could even be subtle and post another source for those who are not Alex Jones fans.

But no, you're a little princess pants who wants attention, no matter how you get it.

Even this post is attention that you thrive on. But I am curious--are you intelligent enough to do a simple Google search or not?

Well said. Jealous haters.

NewRightLibertarian
11-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Well said. Jealous haters.

I don't think it's jealousy. People are just either cowards who are too yellow bellied to accept the truth or desperate to be bootlickers for the establishment (even in the freedom movement, sadly)

pcosmar
11-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Which sourced article says ANYTHING about the DHS or TSA?!

Answer: none of them, IW just made it up.

A link in that article.
http://autos.aol.com/article/tsa-screening-drivers-in-tennessee/

Local broadcast news footage showed TSA officers wearing blue uniforms and yellow vests standing near trucks and talking to drivers.

"TSA officers did not physically screen drivers during this exercise, as erroneously reported," wrote Bob Burns, a social media analyst for the TSA, on the agency's blog. "The actual vehicle inspections were conducted by the Tennessee State Highway Patrol just the same as they are done every day."

Can we drop the deliberate derail now?

Yieu
11-16-2011, 09:14 PM

Indeed, they want this to apply to us while they enjoy immunity, and they get to determine what is "lie" and what is "true", and we all know that means truth will become "lie" and Lies will become unquestionable "truth"... which would still be a lie, but challenging it online might land you in prison. Is that not a clear violation of the 1st Amendment guarantee of Free Speech?

Is not government supposed to be accountable to the People? Does this not mean it should be prohibited from lying to the People?

acptulsa
11-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Indeed, they want this to apply to us while they enjoy immunity, and they get to determine what is "lie" and what is "true", and we all know that means truth will become "lie" and Lies will become unquestionable "truth"... which would still be a lie, but challenging it online might land you in prison. Is that not a clear violation of the 1st Amendment guarantee of Free Speech?

Is not government supposed to be accountable to the People? Does this not mean it should be prohibited from lying to the People?

It is kind of amusing to think of someone quoting a senator or president and getting busted for it...

This sounds like contractural stuff. Political speech is protected by what's left of the Constitution and the First, yes. And no doubt they want to protect the First so the media can continue to tell lies about Ron Paul.

flightlesskiwi
11-16-2011, 09:29 PM

so. 1. our criminal courts will get overloaded and vendettas to be had will be had
and 2. our prison system will get overloaded. (oh wait, it already is)
and 3. making all this criminal opens up the door for a flood of civil suits as well. lie about your weight on the interwebz? get sued.

hip hip hooray.

oh, and if my 8 year old kid searches using google, taken them from me, make them a criminal and put them in juvey. oh, yeah, and sue me (and probably make me a criminal and imprison me as well.)

so screwed. so screwed.

Peace&Freedom
11-16-2011, 09:30 PM
A link in that article.

Can we drop the deliberate derail now?

Bingo. The locals did the screens in conjunction with, or at the behest of TSA. Are we to be in denial over the truth about TSA's reach, so long as intermediaries act for them? This reminds me of how some neocons denied that US intelligence was getting money to Al Qaeda in Afghanistan circa 2001, by neglecting to recognize the money actually went through Pakistan's ISI first. The bottom line is the US (via ISI) funded Al Qaeda, not who did the direct handoffs.

ZanZibar
11-16-2011, 09:52 PM
A link in that article.

Bingo. The locals did the screens in conjunction with, or at the behest of TSA. Are we to be in denial over the truth about TSA's reach, so long as intermediaries act for them? Yall are completely missing it.

The TSA inspected vehicles in TN, specifically commercial trucks. Infowars ran an article about it.

A few days later the local LEOs set up checkpoints for DUIs on Halloween. Infowars ran a story about it claiming the DHS was invovled which was patently false.

donnay
11-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Yall are completely missing it.

The TSA inspected vehicles in TN, specifically commercial trucks. Infowars ran an article about it.

A few days later the local LEOs set up checkpoints for DUIs on Halloween. Infowars ran a story about it claiming the DHS was invovled which was patently false.

Again, you provide no proof to back up your argument. *SIGH*

Are you completely daft or do you just play one here?

Who is this person? Is s/he just choking our chains or is s/he serious???

Back in Brooklyn we had a name for people like this--Jamook!

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Again, you provide no proof to back up your argument. *SIGH*There is no article outside of Infowars that says anything about the DHS/TSA doing DUI checkpoints for Halloween. Can you find one?

donnay
11-17-2011, 01:17 AM
There is no article outside of Infowars that says anything about the DHS/TSA doing DUI checkpoints for Halloween. Can you find one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKIfgk5oJk&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20111028/NEWS01/110280308
http://www.thedailybell.com/3132/Ron-Paul-TSA-Releases-VIPR-Venom-on-Tennessee-Highways
http://tennesseenewspress.com/2011/10/19/tsa-checkpoints-now-on-tn-highways/

DamianTV
11-17-2011, 03:30 AM
Or behind bars!!
+rep

Behind Bars is where they already belong! Oooh! I forgot the best phrase when it comes to Govt Vs. Internet:

When your Government shuts down your Internet, Shut Down your Government!

donnay
11-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Behind Bars is where they already belong! Oooh! I forgot the best phrase when it comes to Govt Vs. Internet:

When your Government shuts down your Internet, Shut Down your Government!

Great phrase!

+rep

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20111028/NEWS01/110280308That is the only one that mentions Halloween DUI checkpoints. And it doesn't involve the DHS. Again, the idea that the DHS was doing DUI checkpoints for Halloween is something that Infowars just made up which is why they are untrustworthy.

donnay
11-17-2011, 10:26 AM
That is the only one that mentions Halloween DUI checkpoints. And it doesn't involve the DHS. Again, the idea that the DHS was doing DUI checkpoints for Halloween is something that Infowars just made up which is why they are untrustworthy.

All law enforcement have been turned over to DHS and militarized! Nearly all 50 states (Tennessee being one of them) has the Federal apparatus in place--called Fusion Centers. So with that being said, if Tennessee was conducting checkpoints during Halloween, DHS was indeed involved.

Nevertheless, you are right, Infowars is not to be trusted, continue trusting MSM. :rolleyes:

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 10:55 AM
All law enforcement have been turned over to DHS and militarized!Don't be asinine.

Nearly all 50 states (Tennessee being one of them) has the Federal apprentice in place--called Fusion Centers. Yes the Feds are becoming more involved but that doesn't mean they are doing every aspect of law enforcement everywhere.

So with that being said, if Tennessee was conducting checkpoints during Halloween, DHS was indeed involved. No they weren't according to any article I have seen. Prove that the DHS was involved in Halloween checkpoints.

Nevertheless, you are right, Infowars is not to be trusted, continue trusting MSM. :rolleyes:Now you're just as bad as they are, making stuff up; I never said to trust the MSM.

donnay
11-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Don't be asinine.

The USA Patriot Act, enacted in October 26, 2001, gave sweeping new powers to domestic law enforcement.
Go to House Report 109-333 USA PATRIOT IMPROVEMENT AND REAUTHORIZATION ACT OF 2005 and check it out for yourself.

SECTION 311: federalizes your local police department in the area of information sharing.

SECTION 605 reads: “There is hereby created and established a permanent police force, to be known as the ’United States Secret Service Uniformed Division’.”

This new federal police force is “subject to the supervision of the Secretary of Homeland Security.” The new police are empowered to “make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony.”

The new police are assigned a variety of jurisdictions, including “an event designated under section 3056(e) of title 18 as a special event of national significance” (SENS).

There are 72 Fusions centers in the U.S. (that we know of)

Enhancing Department Resources to Support Fusion Centers

The Department of Homeland Security has expedited the deployment of resources to fusion centers to enhance their ability to perform their mission. Since the beginning of 2010, the Department of Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), the Department's lead for support to fusion centers, deployed an additional 18 personnel to fusion centers, bringing the total deployment to 64 Intelligence Officers and 9 Regional Directors in the field. I&A also worked aggressively to deploy Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) to a total of 56 fusion centers. HSDN provides SECRET-level connectivity to enhance the ability of state and local partners to receive federally generated classified threat information.

Additionally, the Department significantly expanded training and technical assistance opportunities for fusion center personnel. Through its long-standing partnership with the Department of Justice, the Department has conducted more than 300 training and technical assistance deliveries, workshops, and exchanges on topics including risk analysis, security, and privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties since 2007. By providing these resources, the Department supports fusion centers to address some of the nation's most significant homeland security challenges.

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/gc_1156877184684.shtm

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Yes I agree that Fusion centers are unconstitutional and a broad interference of the feds in local law enforcement. But the feds have not had "all law enforcement turned over to them" as you have purported.

And again, to the original point, people think we have no credibility and are crazy when people like you and Infowars stretch the truth and misstate the facts to make the point. And I agree with the point, don't trust the government, they are growing and taking our liberties. But not being truthful or accurate or using hyperbole in the messaging undermines the point we are trying to make.

Danke
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
That is the only one that mentions Halloween DUI checkpoints. And it doesn't involve the DHS. Again, the idea that the DHS was doing DUI checkpoints for Halloween is something that Infowars just made up which is why they are untrustworthy.

Following the announcement that TSA agents would be involved in manning highway checkpoints in Tennessee, the State’s Homeland Security Commissioner said yesterday that a raft of new “security checkpoints” would be in place over the Halloween period to “keep roadways safe for trick-or-treaters”.

Well, if it’s ‘for the children’, who are we to kick up a fuss?

“State Troopers will be conducting safety checkpoints, sobriety roadblocks, saturation patrols and other enforcement techniques to look for aggressive or impaired drivers,” over the next few days, in order to “keep roadways safe for trick-or-treaters,” according to Department of Safety and Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons, whose office’s role includes “terrorism prevention”.

DamianTV
11-17-2011, 01:45 PM
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/5/3/6/536_slide.jpg?v=2

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Following the announcement that TSA agents would be involved in manning highway checkpoints in Tennessee, the State’s Homeland Security Commissioner said yesterday that a raft of new “security checkpoints” would be in place over the Halloween period to “keep roadways safe for trick-or-treaters”.

Well, if it’s ‘for the children’, who are we to kick up a fuss?

“State Troopers will be conducting safety checkpoints, sobriety roadblocks, saturation patrols and other enforcement techniques to look for aggressive or impaired drivers,” over the next few days, in order to “keep roadways safe for trick-or-treaters,” according to Department of Safety and Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons, whose office’s role includes “terrorism prevention”.Well there you go, the State's Homeland Security Commissioner is NOT the same thing as the federal DHS. That's the point. The federal DHS has NOTHING to do with this.

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2011, 02:42 PM
You people are still talking to this troll? I put him on my ignore list a day ago. Lol.

Danke
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Well there you go, the State's Homeland Security Commissioner is NOT the same thing as the federal DHS. That's the point. The federal DHS has NOTHING to do with this.

And the article doesn't say the feds will be conducting the stops. Just the coordination is with the DHS.

The Tennessee Office of Homeland Security serves as a liaison between federal, state and local agencies, as well as the private sector, on matters relating to the security of our state and citizens.

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
And the article doesn't say the feds will be conducting the stops. Just the coordination is with the DHS.Incorrect. Read the headline: http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-announces-halloween-checkpoints-in-tennessee-to-keep-children-safe.html

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2011, 03:08 PM
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-secret-police-make-arrests-at-ows-portland/

WarNoMore
11-17-2011, 03:29 PM
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/5/3/6/536_slide.jpg?v=2

Fema camps will be one giant human centipede, and everyone agreed to it when they downloaded the latest version of itunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdR7hCjQNwA

Danke
11-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Incorrect. Read the headline: http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-announces-halloween-checkpoints-in-tennessee-to-keep-children-safe.html

I did, it says announces.

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I did, it says announces.But the DHS didn't announce it, the feds had nothing to do with it.

Peace&Freedom
11-17-2011, 08:59 PM
But the DHS didn't announce it, the feds had nothing to do with it.

The local activity is under the control, coordination and often done in the direct physical proximity of the feds, that is the majors, as plainly documented in the articles and legal references mentioned in this thread. Dwelling on the minors (or the minors of the minors) about whether the association was explicit to your satisfaction, instead of dealing with the boot on neck reality, is the actual way not to be taken seriously.

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 09:18 PM
The local activity is under the control, coordination and often done in the direct physical proximity of the feds, that is the majors, as plainly documented in the articles and legal references mentioned in this thread. Dwelling on the minors (or the minors of the minors) about whether the association was explicit to your satisfaction, instead of dealing with the boot on neck reality, is the actual way not to be taken seriously.The federal DHS had NOTHING to do with Halloween DUI checkpoints in this instance as the Infowars headline tried to claim. That's my point; they are inaccurate and thus unreliable.

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2011, 09:22 PM
The federal DHS had NOTHING to do with Halloween DUI checkpoints in this instance as the Infowars headline tried to claim. That's my point; they are inaccurate and thus unreliable.

We're you at any of these Halloween DUI checkpoints that you speak of?

Danke
11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
The federal DHS had NOTHING to do with Halloween DUI checkpoints in this instance as the Infowars headline tried to claim. That's my point; they are inaccurate and thus unreliable.

And the Federal Reserve Bank in Minneapolis has nothing to do with the Federal Reserve.

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 09:52 PM
We're you at any of these Halloween DUI checkpoints that you speak of?Prove the federal DHS had anything to do with the Halloween DUI checkpoints as Infowars has alleged. You can't, because they didn't.

HOLLYWOOD
11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Damn... so much for; Match.com, AdultFriendfinder.com, ChristianDating.com, Seniors.com, EHarmony.com... oh and HoHarmony.com

Everybody lies... but the biggest liars are CONGRESS and the penalty should be at least double on those government clowns.

Danke
11-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Prove the federal DHS had anything to do with the Halloween DUI checkpoints as Infowars has alleged. You can't, because they didn't.

are you really that slow?

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
You guys are about to get the poor OP thrown in jail. He obviously lied when he said in the title that this thread was about getting thrown in jail for lying on the internet.

Someone start a chipin for bail...

pcosmar
11-17-2011, 10:39 PM
are you really that slow?

Apparently.
Likely has never heard of Fusion Centers, FEMA or Homeland Security either.
All of which are coordinated with every police station in this country.

Anyway.. Back to the thread topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Prove the federal DHS had anything to do with the Halloween DUI checkpoints as Infowars has alleged. You can't, because they didn't.

LOL! Of course you didn't answer my question.

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
You guys are about to get the poor OP thrown in jail. He obviously lied when he said in the title that this thread was about getting thrown in jail for lying on the internet.

Someone start a chipin for bail...

Haha :)

I better look extra cute and pitiful in my mugshot so people will chipin.

NewRightLibertarian
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I think that Infowars can be too sensationalistic, and Alex Jones goes too far on occasion. But overall, it's a well-meaning credible source for news that is incredibly pro-liberty and pro-Ron Paul. Zanzibar really seems to be nitpicking here.

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Zanzibar really seems to be nitpicking here.

Zanzibar of the 'Democrats and independents, no matter how disenfranchised and no matter how unopposed the candidate in their own party (if any) is this primary season, cannot under any circumstances be induced to vote in a Republican primary because it isn't possible' ultimatum being dogmatic and inflexible?

Nah, couldn't be...

amy31416
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
LOL! Of course you didn't answer my question.

He never answered my question as to whether or not he can use Google either. The worst part is that he thinks he's clever in how he tries to manipulate--Karl Rove wannabe without the brains, but 2x the ego.

He should be put on ignore.

acptulsa
11-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Perhaps, but I never put Joseph the Totalitarian on ignore either. Preferred to watch him like a hawk...

SL89
11-17-2011, 11:34 PM
OK Zanzibar, here you go.... Bill Gibbons is funded by the DHS and the checkpoints are paid for by the TSA/DHS. He is a sell out and the citizens are for the worse.. http://www.tnema.org/ema/grants/homelandsecurity.html And yes the checkpoints ran through Halloween with DHS approval. It seems that all funding for the THP checkpoints are allocated by DHS and that TSA is involved in it all. I could fill this page with links but, I will just do one at a time. No need to go Tit for Tat with someone that could not do their own homework. :rolleyes:

I am no big AJ fan but, He and Infowars do good work. They are more right than wrong and at times I go there for news, as well as Rense.com :D

John F Kennedy III
11-18-2011, 12:48 AM
He never answered my question as to whether or not he can use Google either. The worst part is that he thinks he's clever in how he tries to manipulate--Karl Rove wannabe without the brains, but 2x the ego.

He should be put on ignore.

I have him on ignore. But figured I'd ask a question and see if he would answer it.

John F Kennedy III
11-18-2011, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IkXnYzlGzVw

ZanZibar
11-18-2011, 09:12 AM
OK Zanzibar, here you go.... Bill Gibbons is funded by the DHS and the checkpoints are paid for by the TSA/DHS. No, that is not entirely true either. Cite your source.

He is a sell out and the citizens are for the worse..I completely agree.

And yes the checkpoints ran through Halloween with DHS approval. Cite your source, that link said nothing about that.

It seems that all funding for the THP checkpoints are allocated by DHS and that TSA is involved in it all. Cite your source.

pcosmar
11-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Cite your source.

Not directed to me,, but for the Google impaired,,
http://grantwritingusa.com/hsu.html
http://leic.tennessee.edu/training/homelandsecurity.html
http://mpdacademy.com/criminology.php
http://privacysos.org/fusioncenters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyb9kGMaRUM

Oh,, there's more. Much much more, all you have to do is look.

ZanZibar
11-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Not directed to me,, but for the Google impaired,,
http://grantwritingusa.com/hsu.html
http://leic.tennessee.edu/training/homelandsecurity.html
http://mpdacademy.com/criminology.php
http://privacysos.org/fusioncenters

Oh,, there's more. Much much more, all you have to do is look.And none of which has anything to do with Halloween DUIs as I have pointed out. No one has proven that they have.