PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain 999 means jobs?

Feelgood
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
So Im driving around here in Florida, and hear my first ever political ad on the radio. Its Herman Cain talking about his 999 plan and how it will get our economy growing blah blah blah...

My question is, why am I hearing Herman Cain and not Ron Paul or anyone else? He was promoting his site 999meansjobs.com which simply redirects to his donations site.

acptulsa
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Probably because the Ron Paul campaign is spending our hard-earned money on the earlier primaries in an effort to ensure we're still around for Florida, which I thiink is wise. While Herman Cain is begging for money by targeting states with a high percentage of Alzheimer's sufferers, in the hopes that he can fool someone with money into thinking that 9-9-9 will create more than, say, eighty or ninety jobs down at the IRS where they'll be trying to manage a first-ever, discretionary spending killing national sales tax.

flightlesskiwi
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
So Im driving around here in Florida, and hear my first ever political ad on the radio. Its Herman Cain talking about his 999 plan and how it will get our economy growing blah blah blah...

My question is, why am I hearing Herman Cain and not Ron Paul or anyone else? He was promoting his site 999meansjobs.com which simply redirects to his donations site.

did he sprinkle some magical fairy dust on that plan in order to ensure that there will be nation-wide full employment with the addition of a national sales tax? i wonder... i mean, God spoke to him and told him to run for president. surely he has job-creating magical fairy dust.

Probably because the Ron Paul campaign is spending our hard-earned money on the earlier primaries in an effort to ensure we're still around for Florida, which I thiink is wise. While Herman Cain is begging for money by targeting states with a high percentage of Alzheimer's sufferers, in the hopes that he can fool someone with money into thinking that 9-9-9 will create more than, say, eighty or ninety jobs down at the IRS where they'll be trying to manage a first-ever, discretionary spending killing national sales tax.

as a granddaughter to two Alzheimer-ridden grandma's, that's pretty mean. i don't think either of my grandma's remember what voting is. of course, that won't stop some caretaker (or community organization group like ACORN) with nefarious intentions from voting for them.

acptulsa
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
as a granddaughter to two Alzheimer-ridden grandma's, that's pretty mean. i don't think either of my grandma's remember what voting is. of course, that won't stop some caretaker (or community organization group like ACORN) with nefarious intentions from voting for them.

Well, my grandmom had it too. I wasn't trying to be mean, I assure you. And I'll fight anyone to the death who says I'm in favor of Alzheimer's. But you know what? I really, really don't put that line of thinking past Cain's campaign. It would be nice to be wrong about thiat, but I just can't bring myself to have faith that I am.

specsaregood
11-16-2011, 12:51 PM
in the hopes that he can fool someone with money into thinking that 9-9-9 will create more than, say, eighty or ninety jobs down at the IRS where they'll be trying to manage a first-ever, discretionary spending killing national sales tax.

I think you greatly underestimate the # of govt tax-collector jobs that 999 would create.

acptulsa
11-16-2011, 12:53 PM
I think you greatly underestimate the # of govt tax-collector jobs that 999 would create.

I'm sure you're right. That said, my real point was it still won't hold a candle to the number of private sector jobs it will destroy.

Sorry, folks. Obviously that wasn't my most brilliant post ever, or I wouldn't be having to work so hard to explain it after the fact. I'll try to do better next time.

flightlesskiwi
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
i was just giving you a hard time! :o

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 12:57 PM

+rep