PDA

View Full Version : The Consistent Candidate [video]

Chainspell
11-16-2011, 11:07 AM
We're done with our video! Thanks to everyone who helped in this project! Project Thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329157-Ron-Paul-Right-Then-Right-Now-Right-for-America) Written by FreeTraveler (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?5751-FreeTraveler)

Here's the latest Ron Paul video, focused on two important points that every voter needs to know. Dr. Paul has been consistent in his message for over 30 years, and the other candidates have been jumping on his bandwagon.

With The Consistent Candidate, we hope we've driven those two points home.

We've tried to create a video worthy of going viral; a video short enough for anyone to watch, focused enough to make the points, and compelling enough to get forwarded to everybody's friends and family.

We also hope the tagline, Ron Paul: Right Then, Right Now, Right for America, will prove to be as memorable as the video.

Enjoy. Share the link everywhere you can. Vote up and favorite the YouTube. Let's infect the voters with this viral message.

-FreeTraveler (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?5751-FreeTraveler)

download desktop wallpapers from this video here: http://www.linkshells.org/downloads/Ron_Paul_Wallpapers_-_The_Consistent_Candidate.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwwgCW5jF4

Wallpapers:
more on this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?330743

http://www.linkshells.org/downloads/right_for_america_sparkle.jpg

FreeTraveler
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks, Chainspell. It's been a great experience working with you on this video. :)

SchleckBros
11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Woah. That was pretty good. Should we get this ad on TV using Google TV Ads?

matt0611
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Wow, nice, we should definitely get this on TV somehow!

Icymudpuppy
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I've already posted to much Paul stuff on Facebook today. I'll post this tomorrow.

TomtheTinker
11-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Great Great video..this could really be an official ad

PursuePeace
11-16-2011, 11:23 AM
BEAUTIFUL.

This has to be televised.
Best ad I've seen.

Great job, you guys!

rp713
11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
great vid. really good job.

harikaried
11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwwgCW5jF4Your sig needs to be updated! ;)

IDefendThePlatform
Great video. Liked and shared. Favorited button wasn't working for some reason but I'll try again later.

bluesc
Cut it by 10 seconds and put it on TV.

Uriah
11-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Woah. That was pretty good. Should we get this ad on TV using Google TV Ads?

I think we should try. There maybe some copyright issues with the clips used. I don't know much about that though. If you do get this on TV, focus on the early states. We need to build momentum.

CaptUSA
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Wow. This was great! I was looking forward to someone putting all those, "Ron Paul is right" statements together!

(I can even put up with the "consistent" moniker in this context.)

sailingaway
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
liked, commented, tweeted.

sailingaway
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I think we should try. There maybe some copyright issues with the clips used. I don't know much about that though. If you do get this on TV, focus on the early states. We need to build momentum.

wouldn't those particular clips be fair use?

KingNothing
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
That was an amazing ad.

And I think it speaks volumes to the movement that it has inspired the grassroots to create videos/commercials that are superior to those than any other actual campaign creates. Seriously, compare this to what Perry, Cain, Bachmann, etc have produced.

Bravo. This is an amazing video.

ShaneEnochs
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Best damn ad I've ever seen. Kudos guys.

sailingaway
11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I played with the front page and put this right under the Iowa and NH polling results. Someone may move it under the phone banking one, but I think this needs to be seen, too.

2ndfor1st
11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
EXCELLENT!!!

rprprs
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Perhaps it's just a buffering issue with my computer, but I find I frequently lose the first few words ("Four years ago..."), particularly during a replay.
Otherwise, a splendid video. + rep (to both you and FT)

georgiaboy
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
excellent

GHoeberX
11-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Beautiful video! As always I might say. Keep em coming!

RonPaulVolunteer
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Nice. Posted on FLIX.

FreeTraveler
11-16-2011, 01:57 PM
bump for the afternoon crew

WD-NY
11-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Great stuff! LOVE THE MUSIC :)

With a little bit of reconfiguring, is it possible to spin this into an epic teaparty money bomb video??

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually find your title cards with text (especially the more recent themes) to be far more moving/powerful and emotive than the professional voice narration. When done right, text narration has several key advantages:

allows/forces the viewer to project whatever voice their mind dreams up... which draws them into the action/message more completely.

gives video the "grassroots gleam"... (aka a more honest/trustworthy/authentic feel) -

I wonder how that video would've played like without the voice over (which I thought was a bit distracting).

As for clips of Ron Paul, I don't think it get any better than the "I'm not just trying to win an election, I'm trying to change history". His cadence and timbre from beginning to end is so powerfully "historic" sounding that the response is always positive. In comparison, I find clips like "we've been over taxed, over-regulated, over run by bureaucrats ... " to be a little bit 'nasally' and as a result, far less moving. Plus, it attacks the people rather than champion the "why". Other than that, the script and messaging was A+.

Can't wait to see what comes next :)

TexMac
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Great job, guys

Trigonx
11-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Bump!

eok321
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Beautiful

KramerDSP
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
KUDOS!

+Rep to both ChainSpell and Rev9

I have a favor to ask. Do you have a transcript lying around or could you type one up for me? I would then upload it onto my channel with captions. I have about 120 captioned versions of popular Ron Paul videos including some of ChainSpell's other works. You could PM it to me. I am having trouble picking up what Bachmann and Cain say in the video. Thanks in advance!

FreeTraveler
11-16-2011, 03:50 PM
The only written script is for the voiceover. However, since I've heard these clips a few hundred times each :p I can pick out the text pretty easily.

Bachmann: "I am on Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve."
Cain: "Running organizations like the TSA, I would agree with Representative Paul."

Everything else should be easy. The voiceover script is in the first post of the project thread that Chainspell mentioned in the OP if you have any problem hearing it. We dropped one bit of the voiceover -- I'll leave it to you to figure out what. :D (spoiler: "four years too late")

FreeTraveler
11-16-2011, 03:55 PM
By the way, thanks to all the supporters who contributed to the development of this video through the project thread, when it was originally called by the tagline, "Right Then, Right Now, Right for America." I don't have names at hand, but several people contributed video bits and pictures that made the work much easier for us.

KramerDSP
11-16-2011, 04:16 PM
The only written script is for the voiceover. However, since I've heard these clips a few hundred times each :p I can pick out the text pretty easily.

Bachmann: "I am on Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve."
Cain: "Running organizations like the TSA, I would agree with Representative Paul."

Everything else should be easy. The voiceover script is in the first post of the project thread that Chainspell mentioned in the OP if you have any problem hearing it. We dropped one bit of the voiceover -- I'll leave it to you to figure out what. :D (spoiler: "four years too late")

Awesome. Thanks!

pauliticalfan
11-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Splendid job. I agree that we should try to get this on the air, particularly in Iowa.

One question though, why is the footage of Ron's Ames speech so low quality? I'm assuming that's the only one that's available?

RDM
11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
All DIGG users, please help me bump this video up. Comment on the DIGG page also if you like, it helps. Thanks.
http://digg.com/news/politics/the_consistent_candidate_right_then_right_now_righ t_for_america

TexasJake
11-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Very well done!

FreeTraveler
11-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Splendid job. I agree that we should try to get this on the air, particularly in Iowa.

One question though, why is the footage of Ron's Ames speech so low quality? I'm assuming that's the only one that's available?
There's bound to be better footage somewhere, but it's not readily available AFAIK.

Stefan
11-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Great video! I love how it portrays Ron as the strong and powerful leader he is. People tend to support candidates they percept as strong.

TexMac
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM

One question though, why is the footage of Ron's Ames speech so low quality? I'm assuming that's the only one that's available?That footsge is bad, it almost seems as if the sound is out of sync. It was the only jarring note in an otherwise stellar video.

lucent
11-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Chainspell, I sent you a private message.

spudea
11-16-2011, 05:06 PM
amazing! thanks!

BuddyRey
11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Liked, faved, and Tweeted!

Let's make it viral!

KramerDSP
11-16-2011, 09:13 PM
BUMP

FreeTraveler
11-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Over 7,200 views in 20 hours so far.

michaelkellenger
11-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Cut it by ten seconds and this really could be an official TV ad. Incredible.

Ireland4Liberty
11-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Chainspell, I salute thee.

anewvoice
11-17-2011, 11:25 AM
bump, just saw this, this is amazing!

FreeTraveler
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Here's an interesting tidbit from the YouTube page.

This video is most popular with:

Male

45-54

Male

55-64

Male

35-44

We know our support in those age groups need a boost, so this is a good thing. OTOH, we need to figure out how to get more women supporting Dr. Paul.

Any women want to sound off on that topic?

Maybe we need a planning thread for a "What Women Want" video. :D

Do any women here frequent female-oriented sites where this video might go over well?

harikaried
11-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Chainspell has a pending video listed:

8: Women for Ron Paul

Not sure what the message will be though.

FreeTraveler
11-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Chainspell has a pending video listed:

8: Women for Ron Paul

Not sure what the message will be though.
Good point, I'll hit him up on that one this evening and see what he's thinking. Maybe we'll start a planning thread for that one after foreign policy. Women are our weak spot.

So to speak.

:p

Chainspell
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Good point, I'll hit him up on that one this evening and see what he's thinking. Maybe we'll start a planning thread for that one after foreign policy. Women are our weak spot.

So to speak.

:p
I think I'll work on this tonight since the foreign policy script is still being worked on. The video will be somewhat like we the people video. With just a bunch of women supporting/agreeing with Ron Paul.

papitosabe
12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
not sure if posted, but would be even better to have what Perry said about Paul on the other day's debate, and what mitt said about ron paul supporters.... but still an AWESOME video as it stands...great job!! Congrats!

papitosabe
12-12-2011, 08:33 PM
We're done with our video! Thanks to everyone who helped in this project!

just an idea, but imagine the below video dubbed with everyone saying "ron paul" instead of roll tide.. It could be one of those things ron paul supporters started saying in a fun way at ralllys, and forum replies n such... its a little out there but just a thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvyknw4VClE

Original_Intent
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
That is incredible!!!!

affa
12-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Incredible!! Great job guys!

And that 'roll tide' = 'ron paul' idea papitosabe had is interesting; would be pretty funny, actually

Paul4Prez
12-12-2011, 09:45 PM
not sure if posted, but would be even better to have what Perry said about Paul on the other day's debate, and what mitt said about ron paul supporters.... but still an AWESOME video as it stands...great job!! Congrats!

Great ad, and great ideas...

rblgenius
01-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Dude your videos are all amazing...