PDA

View Full Version : Potential opponent of Walker: "taking care of people is what government is supposed to do!

Chomsky
11-16-2011, 09:55 AM
http://milwaukeestory.com/index.php/2011/11/16/interview-with-mahlon-mitchell-potential-democratic-candidate-for-governor-of-wisconsin/

Mahlon Mitchell quote from interview, "we have this senseless rhetoric that comes forth from the far, far right--the conservative right, that the rich and wealthy are job creators. All of the sudden now we call them job creators, back in the 19th century they called them robber barons. I think what people are saying is that we need to take our government back"

Interesting interview to get a peak in the mind of the other side. This might be one interesting election in Wisconsin.

fisharmor
11-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Like, "taking care of them" with predator drones?

matt0611
11-16-2011, 10:51 AM
LMAO Robber Barrons?

The rich don't create jobs? And government does, right? :D

Was Steve Jobs a Robber Barron?
Are we better off without him or when he was around?

Government is responsible for the vast majority of the deaths in the 20th century, governments killed millions of their OWN citizens last century, thats not even counting wars between governments. He calls that taking care of people?

If you want to take care of other people, what do you need government for?

Chomsky
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I think Mitchell is an example of the reactionary type of politics that may spring up at this time when people are struggling and desperate. I think the occupy wall street thing quickly turned into a witchhunt and it could get uglier and uglier.