PDA

View Full Version : Politico: 2012 calendar: Pin-ups for Ron Paul

bobbyw24
11-16-2011, 08:43 AM
http://images.politico.com/global/news/111116_pinups_ronpaul_courtesy_328.jpg

By PATRICK GAVIN | 11/15/11 11:41 PM EST

Even Ron Paul’s most ardent supporters would have to admit that his ideas are perhaps a little more attractive than the somewhat rumpled candidate himself. But lest you get the impression that the entire Paul community is uneasy on the eyes, meet 12 women looking to change that: the 2012 Pin-Ups for Ron Paul.

Calendar girls who believe in the cause.

The 2012 calendar will cost you $24.95 and is the brainchild of Juliet Annerino, a Los Angeles-based personal trainer and musician who did a similar Paul calendar in 2008 that sold about 2,000 copies. She said the light bulb went off when she “was trying to think of unique ways to get people to see his name and get people to become familiar with his politics and his stances on the issues.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68415.html#ixzz1dsbVZ1YB

ronpaulraps
11-16-2011, 08:45 AM
lmao ron paul the play boy

bobbyw24
11-16-2011, 08:47 AM
He has a bright future

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaulraps

Krugerrand
11-16-2011, 08:57 AM
http://pinups4ronpaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/November.Jen_.Sm_.jpg

SchleckBros
11-16-2011, 10:36 PM
This is on Colbert right now!

zerosdontcount
11-16-2011, 10:37 PM
fucking lol I love that photoshopped RP face

eduardo89
11-16-2011, 10:37 PM
No offense to these women, but I don't see how any of them could be considered "pin-ups". That said, I love thenp enthusiasm that they're actually doing something for Ron Paul.

zerosdontcount
11-16-2011, 10:39 PM
yah, they aren't that hot, but they are libertarian :p

eduardo89
11-16-2011, 10:45 PM

True, it can't get better than a female libertarian...well actually a female paleoconservative, but I'd be asking for too much there ;)

speciallyblend
11-16-2011, 11:04 PM
True, it can't get better than a female libertarian...well actually a female paleoconservative, but I'd be asking for too much there ;)

freedom and liberty is sexy, that is all that is needed!

Becker
11-17-2011, 12:08 AM
i posted pics before
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325145-FYE-Alexa-you-got-competition!

Becker
11-17-2011, 12:08 AM

which one isn't hot?

-C-
11-17-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't get how this helps anything. Colbert had a ball with it on his show tonight, it isn't good, especially with conservative women. Colbert actually bashed the hell out of Ron for an entire segment, can't say I enjoy his character anymore.

Becker
11-17-2011, 01:05 AM
I don't get how this helps anything. Colbert had a ball with it on his show tonight, it isn't good, especially with conservative women. Colbert actually bashed the hell out of Ron for an entire segment, can't say I enjoy his character anymore.

depends on audience, in Colbert's case, its young people who like a sense of humor, and people who either never heard of Paul, or don't hate him because they don't watch GOP debates.

That said, I hope this reaches far,
Instapundit
HuffPost
Dailykos
Michael Savage
ATLAH
PJTV
Rush Limbaugh

Juliet*
11-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks! And for everyone who wants one here, use the google checkout and the discount code "hotties4u" to get an extra 20% off on a calendar. You're welcome

Juliet
Miss July
www.PinUps4RonPaul.com

ps:Hey, if I knew how, I'd post you all an out take pic of me!

Becker
11-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Thanks! And for everyone who wants one here, use the google checkout and the discount code "hotties4u" to get an extra 20% off on a calendar. You're welcome

Juliet
Miss July
www.PinUps4RonPaul.com

ps:Hey, if I knew how, I'd post you all an out take pic of me!

im sure you know how to upload it to imageshack or imgur, and copy the URL

you know how to use twitpic, right?

ronpaulforchange
11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
I think the women are gorgeous. That's my 2 cents.

ZanZibar
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Colbert just lampooned them:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/402492/november-16-2011/tip-wag---pin-ups-for-ron-paul--movie-torture-tactics---offensive-merchandisee-mechandise

Krugerrand
11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
They're definitely not ugly. They're attractive women, I just wouldn't call them "hot"

Perhaps you're just not feeling well.
http://pinups4ronpaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/April.Dawn_.jpg
http://pinups4ronpaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/August.Kathryn.sm_.jpg

eduardo89
11-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Perhaps you're just not feeling well.
http://pinups4ronpaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/April.Dawn_.jpg
http://pinups4ronpaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/August.Kathryn.sm_.jpg

Ok that last one was pretty hot. The rest just aren't my type, but as I said, they're attractive women, just not what I personally find "hot".

That said, their enthusiasm and effort is VERY hot!

123tim
11-17-2011, 11:35 AM

I actually think the Colbert let us off easy on this one. Thank goodness that he didn't zoom in on the cover page and do some work on Ron Paul himself.

We all might think that Ron Paul looks funny like that, but lets not forget that we all love his ideas so we can laugh at a such a picture.

The vast majority of the country is completely uninformed about Dr. Paul . What sort of judgement would the average voter make if they saw just that picture? It very well might be the first and last impression that they form about his campaign.

Most would not understand that this is totally unrelated to Ron Paul and his campaign. There are even vast numbers of the older generation that don't understand photo-manipulation and who would think that Dr. Paul posed for this picture.

Grassroots activism isn't really understood in this country, regardless of what we might think. Most would probably think that this is an official publicity stunt.

oyarde
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
No offense to these women, but I don't see how any of them could be considered "pin-ups". That said, I love thenp enthusiasm that they're actually doing something for Ron Paul. I think they are Great !

oyarde
11-17-2011, 11:39 AM
yah, they aren't that hot, but they are libertarian :p And that makes them hot enough to melt the fillings in your teeth :)

evilfunnystuff
11-17-2011, 05:12 PM
lulz Colbert's bit was hilarious
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lusfseTQbP1qz82gvo1_500.jpg

FreeTraveler
11-17-2011, 05:23 PM
No offense to these women, but I don't see how any of them could be considered "pin-ups". That said, I love thenp enthusiasm that they're actually doing something for Ron Paul.
Dude! You need to get your nose out of Playboy, and out in the real world where you get to see some real women. :p

eduardo89
11-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Dude! You need to get your nose out of Playboy, and out in the real world where you get to see some real women. :p

They're just not my type. I think they're good looking women, just not what I'd consider "hot" or "pinup". They're enthusiasm and their effort to help Ron Paul get elected is very very hot though! And that's what counts!

doctor jones
11-17-2011, 06:06 PM
This calendar sucks.

eduardo89
11-17-2011, 06:07 PM
This calendar sucks.

Whys that?

doctor jones
11-17-2011, 06:10 PM
No artistic value. Campy.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-17-2011, 06:15 PM
at least they are getting more attention to Ron Paul. Hopefully there won't be too much blowback.

TheDunk
11-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Colbert just lampooned them:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/402492/november-16-2011/tip-wag---pin-ups-for-ron-paul--movie-torture-tactics---offensive-merchandisee-mechandise

He's a comedian, so he made fun with it and bashed Ron Paul a bit. Fine, that's his job and his audience, I presume, is not politically active or aware. Then he goes on the insult libertarians with his decimal/blank calendar, etc. But immediately following that he does the bit about waterboarding on the debate... Completely ignoring Ron Paul's statements regarding it in the debate. Absurd, but he's a comedian not a reporter.

Juliet*
12-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Hey, Juliet Annerino here, creator of the calendar. Wish I could make the Iowa Caucuses, but I need to be here in LA. That said, I was thinking it would be great to send a bunch of the "Pin Ups for Ron Paul" Calendars out to some Ron Paul supporters in Iowa who might want to sell them there. Please let me know if anyone here or anyone else might know of a trustworthy person who might want to sell them for a discounted rate and making a nice commission for themselves. Thanks so much! Go Ron Paul in Iowa!

Philhelm
12-23-2011, 12:21 PM
at least they are getting more attention to Ron Paul. Hopefully there won't be too much blowback.

Why not? I wouldn't mind some blowback from Ron Paul pin-ups.

Juliet*
12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey, Juliet Annerino here, creator of the "Pin ups for Ron Paul" 2012 Calendar! Hope everyone here is enjoying the Holiday Season:)

Anyone here in Iowa or planning to be there for the Caucuses? Wish I could be there to give speeches in support of Dr.Paul and to sell calendars to people there who want them! Unfortunately, I am stuck here in Los Angeles, but i'd love to get a bunch of calendars out to some one n Iowa who would like to get them out to people for me. I'd be willing to ship them out ASAP - maybe 20 or so - and offer some enthusiastic person a nice, healthy commission for selling what they can, plus two free calendars for themselves if they promise to display them proudly!

I want you all to understand this, too. The main reason I put the vast amount of time, energy and $ into this project this year (as I did in '08 with the "Hotties for Ron Paul" Calendar) is to raise awareness for Ron Paul's philosophy and political stance. Each page includes not just a photo of a Liberty-lovin' female activist for Dr.Paul, but a quote from a famous author, philosopher or historical figure along with a complimentary quote from Ron Paul explaining his views on important issues like non-intervention, economics, civil liberties, etc. I see the calendar as a powerful tool for getting the word out about Ron Paul and his message of Peace & Freedom.

Please reach me ASAP at (310)666-2544 or Juliet@JulietAnnerino.com if you want to take me up on this or if you know some one who might be interested. Thank you so much. Keep up the good work!

Merry/Happy/Ron Paul 2012,
Juliet

TheBlackPeterSchiff
12-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Wish I can talk this chick from my job into doing this. She is a RP supporter and she is smokin hot!!!

TheBlackPeterSchiff
12-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey, Juliet Annerino here, creator of the "Pin ups for Ron Paul" 2012 Calendar! Hope everyone here is enjoying the Holiday Season:)

Anyone here in Iowa or planning to be there for the Caucuses? Wish I could be there to give speeches in support of Dr.Paul and to sell calendars to people there who want them! Unfortunately, I am stuck here in Los Angeles, but i'd love to get a bunch of calendars out to some one n Iowa who would like to get them out to people for me. I'd be willing to ship them out ASAP - maybe 20 or so - and offer some enthusiastic person a nice, healthy commission for selling what they can, plus two free calendars for themselves if they promise to display them proudly!

I want you all to understand this, too. The main reason I put the vast amount of time, energy and $ into this project this year (as I did in '08 with the "Hotties for Ron Paul" Calendar) is to raise awareness for Ron Paul's philosophy and political stance. Each page includes not just a photo of a Liberty-lovin' female activist for Dr.Paul, but a quote from a famous author, philosopher or historical figure along with a complimentary quote from Ron Paul explaining his views on important issues like non-intervention, economics, civil liberties, etc. I see the calendar as a powerful tool for getting the word out about Ron Paul and his message of Peace & Freedom.

Please reach me ASAP at (310)666-2544 or Juliet@JulietAnnerino.com if you want to take me up on this or if you know some one who might be interested. Thank you so much. Keep up the good work!

Merry/Happy/Ron Paul 2012,
Juliet

Thanks for this. I think it is a creative idea and a great way to generate discussion and separate RP from the normal politicians. Not to mention the humor in it (a real conservative, mellow, 76 year old guy on the cover of a pin up calender) Great stuff and keep up the great work!!

Pericles
12-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for this. I think it is a creative idea and a great way to generate discussion and separate RP from the normal politicians. Not to mention the humor in it (a real conservative, mellow, 76 year old guy on the cover of a pin up calender) Great stuff and keep up the great work!!

That ^ Props to all involved in making the project a reality.