PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Moves Into Second in Iowa AND New Hampshire

bobbyw24
11-16-2011, 07:57 AM
While Newt Gingrich attracts media attention as he moves up in national polls, Ron Paul is enjoying a surge of his own.

The Texas congressman has moved into second place in Iowa and New Hampshire, according to two Bloomberg News polls released this week. In Iowa, he sits one point behind Herman Cain with 19 percent support, according to a poll released Tuesday. And a poll released Wednesday shows him at 17 percent in New Hampshire, far behind Mitt Romney (who has 40 percent support) but six points ahead of the third place finisher, Gingrich.

Paul's campaign has demonstrated organizational strength in his numerous straw poll victories. That ability to mobilize supporters could come into play on Jan. 3 in Iowa's caucuses.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/11/16/paul_moves_into_second_in_iowa_new_hampshire_11208 8.html

Sematary
11-16-2011, 08:00 AM
How does Herman Cain have ANY support at this point? What a moron. He positively makes Michelle Bachman look like a
genius at this point.

V3n
11-16-2011, 08:02 AM
I just read an article about New Hampshire -

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/texas/ron-paul-defeats-gingrich-cain-in-latest-new-hampshire-poll/

!!:toady:!!:toady:!!:eek:!!:toady:!!:toady:

Kords21
11-16-2011, 08:08 AM
How does Herman Cain have ANY support at this point? What a moron. He positively makes Michelle Bachman look like a
genius at this point.

That's the most perplexing thing to me this political cycle. The only thing I can think of is that people like the fact that he seems to not be a politician, even though I think his record says otherwise. His is a lobbyist not involved with politics? I guess FOX and the other talking heads have yet to explain that to their audience.

CaptUSA
11-16-2011, 08:16 AM
genius at this point.Simple. People project what they wish someone to be onto them. As long as the candidate doesn't shatter that perception, they can win. Obama did this masterfully. The beauty of Cain is that his "outsider/businessman" projection gives him cover. The missteps and foibles actually fortify the projections for some people. It won't last long, though.

The beautiful thing about Paul is that he really matches the projections! It's an extremely rare quality.

Now to the polls...

Don't get too high, yet. We are showing some slow growth and one polling agency has picked up on more. But really, we are caught in the middle of a transition of support. As folks leave Cain, they search for a new place to go. Gingrich will get the biggest immediate effect, but it hasn't been completed yet. It will, but then it will move again. Each time it moves, we do a little better.

UtahApocalypse
11-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Second place in both would be epic!! Especially if the 1st place is different each time.

Steve-in-NY
11-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Don't get it twisted... This isn't a win, its an invitation to the fight.
Let's roll up our sleeves, reach down deep and do this.
Donate. Talk to your friends neighbors coworkers family churches and clubs. Join the call from home effort. Become a delegate. Canvas.
Check my Sig and get busy!

georgiaboy
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Don't get it twisted... This isn't a win, its an invitation to the fight.
Let's roll up our sleeves, reach down deep and do this.
Donate. Talk to your friends neighbors coworkers family churches and clubs. Join the call from home effort. Become a delegate. Canvas.
Check my Sig and get busy!

yep.

spread the word, Ron Paul is rising - join now.

eta - the first article linked in this thread attributes this surge to the campaign's "organization", nothing to do with issues, record, or other candidate's lack thereof. While I understand how key organization is in a caucus state, the organization must have an attractive message also, especially in the case of Ron Paul, who has to breakthrough the media blackout and distortions.

oyarde
11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Hell Yes !

Knightskye
11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
RON PAUL!

tasteless
11-16-2011, 12:19 PM
HE'S CATCHIN ON I TELL YE!

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah :)