PDA

View Full Version : Guy said Soros behind Nov. 5th

Naraku
11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
This guy on a political forum I go to made this comment:

But, in all seriousness, I smell George Soros. And I look for a third or fourth party run by Paul in '08 using all this money. Remember '88? Paul couldn't make it as a Libertarian then - which he still is. So why not collect lot's of money as a registered RINO, and run third or fourth party in '08? Makes sense if somebody wants to insure a Clinton victory...

Here's how I responded to Paul helping Clinton in 08:

By taking away the anti-war vote from all those peacenik Republican hippies?

Also, if you look back, Lincoln was an anti-war candidate. He criticized the Democrats because they were seen as the "war party".

:D

Syren123
11-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I seriously worry for the future of our country sometimes.
George Soros?! He's a Hillary backer - HELLO!!!

Mortikhi
11-06-2007, 04:41 PM
I knew some imbecile would pull Soros from the depths on his arse.

Naraku
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Honestly though, Lincoln was an anti-war Republican and Republicans call themselves the party of Lincoln.

margomaps
11-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Honestly though, Lincoln was an anti-war Republican and Republicans call themselves the party of Lincoln.

Lincoln. "anti-war". Does not compute...irony overload...circuits melting...ALERT!! ALERT !! ALERT!!

Adamsa
11-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Lincoln. "anti-war". Does not compute...irony overload...circuits melting...ALERT!! ALERT !! ALERT!!

So was Bush in 2000, funny how events turn them into complete war mongers.

JMann
11-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I may be wrong but didn't Lincoln more or less declare war on the United States?

Duckman
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM

Ok, putting my flame suit on here...

How is Lincoln an anti-war Republican? There was a peace movement to end the Civil War, and in fact the 1864 election is seen by many historians as a referendum on the Civil War, since the Democratic challenger was former General George McClellan, who was fired by Lincoln partly because he was reluctant to actively press the war against the South. McClellan's platform was that if elected he would try to end the war by negotiating a peace with the CSA, whereas Lincoln had taken the hard-line stand that the CSA was illegitimate and could not be negotiated with.

Other Republicans since Lincoln have certainly been anti-war, but I don't think you can count Lincoln.

austin356
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I may be wrong but didn't Lincoln more or less declare war on the United States?

no he declared war on my people who were independently governing themselves at the time.

dircha
11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
So was Bush in 2000, funny how events turn them into complete war mongers.

But 9/11 changed everything!

We are engaged in a generational struggle against Islamofacism for the survival of western civilization as we know it!

Sir, are you suggesting that we should take our marching orders from Al Qaeda? :)

Akus
11-06-2007, 04:56 PM
My one serious wish for Ron Paul's presidency is to make Hannity, Michael Savage, Limbaugh and those other rararah let's bomb-if you don't support Bush you're a secret Al-Qaeda cell shok jocks lose their jobs and dissolve into obscurity. Not through some legislation, after all, even their ignorant shit is protected by 1st amendment, but by showing through a real practical pots-and-pans application of his rhetoric. They are dising out all kinds of crap on him and it will turn on them once taxes go down or become non-existant, America's image goes up, crime goes down to almost negligbly low levels, dying and sick people are opened to new cures thanks to alternative medicine and legalization of marijuana.

That is my second strongest wish about RP's administration. Make all those pundits looks about as credible as Jerry Springer or Weekly World News.

Naraku
11-06-2007, 04:59 PM
*sigh*

A little known piece of U.S. history:

A staunch Whig and fervent admirer of party leader Henry Clay, Lincoln was elected to a term in the U.S. House of Representatives in 1846. As a freshman House member, he was not a particularly powerful or influential figure. He spoke out against the Mexican-American War, which he attributed to President Polk's desire for "military glory — that attractive rainbow, that rises in showers of blood", challenged the President's claims regarding the Texas boundary and offered Spot Resolutions demanding to know on what "spot" on US soil that blood was first spilt.[14] In January 1848, he was among the 82 Whigs who defeated 81 Democrats in a procedural vote on an amendment to send a routine resolution back to committee with instructions to add the words "a war unnecessarily and unconstitutionally begun by the President of the United States." The amendment passed, but the bill never reemerged from committee and was never finally voted upon.[15]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln

Duckman
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Alright, I stand corrected.

Republicans do seem to have trouble staying anti-war once they are in office. :D

RP seems to have "consistent, principled integrity" though.

Kregener
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Lincoln was the original neocon, sans the Israeli subsidies:

• He was a consummate politician who spoke out of both sides of his mouth, saying one thing to one audience and the opposite to another.
• He was adamantly opposed to racial equality, actually using the words "superior and inferior" to describe the "appropriate" relation between the white and black races.
• He opposed giving blacks the right to vote, to serve on juries, or to intermarry with whites.
• He supported the legal rights of slave owners and pledged his support of a constitutional amendment that would have prohibited the federal government from ever interfering with Southern slavery.
• He was a mercantilist and a political tool of corrupt Northern business interests.
• He was a railroad industry lobbyist who championed corporate welfare.
• He once represented a slave owner in a case in which he sought to recover his runaway slaves. Lincoln lost the case and the slaves gained their freedom.
• He advocated sending all blacks back to Africa, Central America, or Haiti – anywhere but the U.S.
• He proposed strengthening the Fugitive Slave Law.
• He opposed the extension of slavery into the territories so that "free white people" would not have to associate with blacks or compete with them for jobs.
• He opposed black citizenship in Illinois and supported the state’s constitution which prohibited the emigration of black people into the state.
• He was the head of the Illinois Colonization Society, which advocated the use of state tax dollars to deport the small number of free blacks that resided within the state.
• He nullified the early emancipation of slaves in Missouri and Georgia early in the war.
• He sent troops to New York City to put down a draft riot by shooting hundreds of them in the streets.
• He was an enemy of free-market capitalism.
• He started a war over tax collection that ended up killing 620,000 Americans and wounding and maiming even more.
• He conjured up the spectacular lie that no such thing as state sovereignty ever existed to "justify" his invasion and conquest of the Southern states.
• He refused to meet with Confederate peace commissioners before the war to work out a peaceful compromise.
• He provoked the upper South – Virginia, North Carolina, Arkansas and Tennessee – to secede by launching a military invasion of their sister states.
• He supported economic interventionism through protectionist tariffs, corporate welfare, and central banking that would plunder one section of the country (the South) for the benefit of his Northern political supporters.
• He started a war without the consent of Congress; illegally declared martial law; illegally blockaded Southern ports; illegally suspended habeas corpus and arrested tens of thousands of political opponents; illegally orchestrated the secession of West Virginia; shut down hundreds of opposition newspapers and imprisoned their editors and owners; deported the most outspoken member of the Democratic Party opposition, Congressman Clement L. Vallandigham of Ohio; confiscated private property, including firearms; ignored the Ninth and Tenth Amendments; tolerated the arrest of ministers who refused to publicly pray for him; arrested duly elected members of the Maryland legislature as well as Congressman Henry May of Baltimore; and supported a law that indemnified federal officials from all of these illegal acts.
• He orchestrated the rigging of Northern elections.
• Introduced the slavery of conscription and income taxation.
• Censored all telegraph communication.
• Waged war on civilians by having his armies bomb Southern cities and destroy or steal crops, livestock and private property throughout the South.
• Created an enormous political patronage system that survives today.
• Allowed the unjust mass execution of Sioux Indians in Minnesota.
• Destroyed the system of federalism and states’ rights that was created by the founding fathers, thereby destroying the voluntary union.
• Promoted generals for their willingness to use troops as cannon fodder.
• Created an internal revenue bureaucracy that has never diminished in size and power

Naraku
11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Lincoln was anti-war, he was dragged into a war by the Democrats that wanted to expand slavery. Is FDR pro-war because he wouldn't accept anything but unconditional surrender from the NAZIS!?

Blowback
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Who cares what "Guy" said.

hambone1982
11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Lincoln was a bloody tyrant.

Naraku
11-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Lincoln was the original neocon, sans the Israeli subsidies:

I know Lincoln was a racist, but he wasn't pro-war.