PDA

View Full Version : Get Democrats to change party in Iowa

DesMoinesActivist
11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I got my new voter card this week. For the first time in my life, after 38 years as an active democrat, I am a republican. Having been a democrat precinct captain, and poll-watcher, I hope to do the same as a republican. When I get to know my way around. Here in Iowa, you can even change parties on the night of caucus to participate in the party you want. Other democrats would do what I have, to vote for Ron Paul. But may not know they can change parties for the primaries. We Iowans educate ourselves on the issues, and show up on caucus night ready to vote OUR CONSCIENCE, not the polls.

Wyoming
11-19-2011, 02:31 PM
You are not the only one to think of this. http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2011/11/2011111614466642583.html 13,110 to go.

Thanks for joining us, BTW.

bluesc
11-19-2011, 02:33 PM
I got my new voter card this week. For the first time in my life, after 38 years as an active democrat, I am a republican. Having been a democrat precinct captain, and poll-watcher, I hope to do the same as a republican. When I get to know my way around. Here in Iowa, you can even change parties on the night of caucus to participate in the party you want. Other democrats would do what I have, to vote for Ron Paul. But may not know they can change parties for the primaries. We Iowans educate ourselves on the issues, and show up on caucus night ready to vote OUR CONSCIENCE, not the polls.

Welcome! I hope many others do as you are, as it could be the factor that leads Ron to victory. He is already tied for first in Iowa :)

Aratus
11-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Ron Paul is well positioned. the others in the top tier have a scandal erupting as we speak.