PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul’s Path to the White House Goes Through Nevada

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 04:48 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/ron-pauls-path-to-the-white-house-goes-through-nevada/

da32130
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
"Paul’s distinct libertarian streak is what draws his passionate supporters, but that support hits a ceiling of 20 percent"

That ceiling keeps going higher.

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 04:54 PM
As someone posted here earlier today: Riddle

Q: What is it when a ceiling keeps going higher?

A: An elevator

Aldanga
11-15-2011, 04:55 PM
"Paul’s distinct libertarian streak is what draws his passionate supporters, but that support hits a ceiling of 20 percent"

I'm literally LOLing right now. 5%, 10%, 12%, 15%... now all the way to 20%. When will his ceiling of support hit 35%?

da32130
11-15-2011, 04:55 PM

nice

anewvoice
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Paul's ceiling of 65% is simply not enough to win him the election folks, not gonna happen.

Kords21
11-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Didn't he have a ceiling of 10% a few months ago? I guess it's like the debt ceiling, we can just keep raising it.

craezie
11-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes! Forget the South, we are probably doomed down there. But after Iowa and New Hampshire, I hope that the campaign is really to switch gears and start playing the numbers game instead of the publicity whore. (both are necessary) The west is enough to get it done, and we are ready for the message out here. People in the West in general are more libertarian, more anti-war, and pro individual rights. People often dismiss my home state of California, but we have 172 delegates, baby! And with the votes of each precinct going to individual people proportionately, the field is ripe for Ron Paul to rack them up. Just a few precincts will equal an Iowa in terms of numbers.

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Yes! Forget the South, we are probably doomed down there. But after Iowa and New Hampshire, I hope that the campaign is really to switch gears and start playing the numbers game instead of the publicity whore. (both are necessary) The west is enough to get it done, and we are ready for the message out here. People in the West in general are more libertarian, more anti-war, and pro individual rights. People often dismiss my home state of California, but we have 172 delegates, baby! And with the votes of each precinct going to individual people proportionately, the field is ripe for Ron Paul to rack them up. Just a few precincts will equal an Iowa in terms of numbers.

I certainly don't think we are doomed in the South. When the senate seat opened up in Texas, Ron Paul was polling tied for first place for the position, and he never even planned to run.

LeJimster
11-15-2011, 06:16 PM
When Perry drops out we have Texas stitched up. There is no way Texans will vote for Romney over Paul. Thats presuming no other media backed RINO whore doesn't rise to the top in the next few weeks (Gingrich *puke*)

KramerDSP
11-15-2011, 06:37 PM
When Perry drops out we have Texas stitched up. There is no way Texans will vote for Romney over Paul. Thats presuming no other media backed RINO whore doesn't rise to the top in the next few weeks (Gingrich *puke*)

Even the pro-war Texans will say "At least he's one of OURS! Texas to the bone, unforgiving and uncompromising!"

Naraku
11-15-2011, 11:09 PM

I say it's time to raise the roof.

Ronulus
11-15-2011, 11:15 PM
We do have a ceiling, but the house keeps getting remodeled to fit all these new supporters in.

puppetmaster
11-15-2011, 11:42 PM
They may very well add a new candidate ......

Perry
11-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Ron Paul’s Path to the White House Goes Through Nevada

Funny I was just thinking this today. Nevada was world war 3 for us in 08'. We have a lot of support there. Nevada is the 4th primary. Can you imagine if Paul pulled off Iowa and Nevada? Two of the first four primaries. It would be an earthquake in the political world that couldn't be quieted. I pray that our men & women in Nevada are prepared for the deceit and trickery that we faced last time around.

Canderson
11-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Nevada should be our top priority after Iowa. Romney has New Hampshire in the bag and the South is a lost cause. Although these early states are NOT winner takes all so ignoring states completely is a bad strategy

GunnyFreedom
11-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Nevada should be our top priority after Iowa. Romney has New Hampshire in the bag and the South is a lost cause. Although these early states are NOT winner takes all so ignoring states completely is a bad strategy

Oh I think it's possible for people with the RP platform to win in the South. ;)

The Blue Republican people should be hyperfocused on NC, frankly. We have a ballot initiative in the Primary to amend the NC State Constitution to ban Gay Marriage, Civl Unions etc. A big Blue Republican push through here could have tremendous impact...

Karsten
11-16-2011, 01:55 AM

Romney does not have New Hampshire in the bag.
Look throughout history what happens when someone wins Iowa. Their poll numbers jump overnight for NH.
Dean being ahead or Kerry by about the same amount that Romney is ahead of Paul now until Kerry wins Iowa is a good example.

craezie
11-16-2011, 02:42 AM
I certainly don't think we are doomed in the South. When the senate seat opened up in Texas, Ron Paul was polling tied for first place for the position, and he never even planned to run.

Texas may be south, but Texas isn't THE South. I used to live there, they have a whole other mindset.

JohnGalt1225
11-16-2011, 03:39 AM
NH is far from in bag my friend. Mittens may still win it, but I have a feeling it's going to be close. Just imagine, if we can win Iowa and New Hampshire, the "he can't win" meme is gone forever. The MSM will probably try to downplay an Iowa win, but a win NH on top of that and they'd lose all credibility if they tried to downplay that though.

european
11-16-2011, 04:25 AM

The US debt ceiling :rolleyes:

pacu44
11-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Louisiana is not a lost cause... By any stretch...

pacu44
11-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Alabama or Mississippi... Florida will be difficult...