PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Herman Cain Again Proves That He Knows Nothing About Foreign Policy

John F Kennedy III
11-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Herman Cain Again Proves That He Knows Nothing About Foreign Policy

Pizza man struggles to recall memorized sound bites on Libya situation

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
November 15, 2011

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-11/202316200-01071551.jpg

Herman Cain’s cringe inducing stumble over a question concerning Libya once again goes to show that he knows absolutely nothing about foreign policy and geopolitics and is literally being told what to say by advisors.

The video of Cain (below) bumbling over the facts concerning Obama’s policy toward Libya quickly went viral yesterday, drawing comparisons to Rick Perry’s “oops” moment in the debates last week.

If it wasn’t already glaringly obvious to the American people that Cain would make a truly awful president, the former pizza pusher has surely cemented that fact now with yet another embarrassing gaffe.

After he was asked to comment on Obama’s handling of Libya, Cain’s eyes began to twitch as he leaned back and attempted to recall a pre-memorized answer.

“O.K., Libya,” he said after about 10 seconds of silence, acting like a deer caught in the headlights.

“President Obama supported the uprising, correct?” he said. “President Obama called for the removal of Qaddafi — just want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing before I say ‘Yes, I agree,’ or ‘No, I didn’t agree.’ ”

In the vein of a high school student asked to give a pre-prepared presentation in front of the class, Cain said he disagreed with the president’s approach “for the following reasons” — then abruptly stopped.

“Nope, that’s a different one,” he said. “I’ve got to go back and see.”

“I’ve got all this stuff twirling around in my head.” Cain then stated.

When he finally answered the question, Cain stated that he would “have done a better job assessing the Libyan opposition to Qaddafi”, before contradicting himself and admitting “I don’t know that they were or were not assessed.”

Watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WW_nDFKAmCo

Obama’s policy on Libya is as straightforward a question on foreign policy that one could be asked. The subject has also dominated news headlines for weeks, you would have to be living under a rock to not understand the US government’s position on Libya. An eighth grader would be expected to be able to comfortably grasp the subject, yet Cain struggles on the topic.

Cain’s spokesman, J. D. Gordon, told the New York Times that the reason Cain stumbled was “We were all going on four hours sleep, so he was tired,”

For his own part, Cain responded to criticism that he has a lack of understanding about geopolitics by stating “Some people want to say, ‘Well, as president, you’re supposed to know everything.’ No you don’t.”

Those are not exactly reassuring responses from the Cain camp, in fact they are more admissions of incompetence.

The Cain campaign also suggested that their candidate had been boning up foreign policy matters by speaking personally with the first President Bush and former Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger – again, not exactly a reassuring piece of information as far as the American people are concerned, unless continued war and genocide is your kinda thing.

Earlier this week, Cain told GQ magazine that he believes most American Muslims are extremists. When asked to clarify the statement, Cain said that a “Muslim voice” he knows — whom he would not name — told him that was the case.

This was just another in a string of gaffes that have proven Cain to be anything but presidential material.

During a lengthy interview with Bill O’Reilly on Fox News recently, Cain suggested that he wouldn’t see it as a problem to enter into full on military confrontation with Iran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPUh_EYTEcs&feature=player_embedded

Cain made another embarrassing gaffe on PBS’ NewsHour recently, when he unwittingly revealed that he was unaware that China has nuclear weapons.

When Asked if he considers China to be a military threat, Cain replied that “they’ve indicated that they’re trying to develop nuclear capability.”

Indeed they have, ever since they first exploded a nuclear bomb in 1964.

It is clear that should Cain become President, by some tragic miracle, his complete lack of knowledge concerning simple geopolitics and straight forward international relations would leave the Executive once again at the mercy of the gaggle of already circling warmongering neocon advisors.

Cain isn’t worried about such an eventuality, however, given that he has no clue what the term ‘neoconservative’ even means.

Daniel Drezner, a professor of international politics at the Fletcher School at Tufts University, was scathing of Cain on his blog.

“There’s a mercy rule in Little League, and I’m applying it here — unless and until Herman Cain surges back in the polls again, or manages to muster something approaching cogency in his foreign policy statements, there’s no point in blogging about him anymore,” Drezner wrote. “I can only pick on an ignoramus so many times before it feels sadistic.”

The American people need a president who knows more than what goes well with anchovies and olives on a stuffed crust base.

The CBS debate on Saturday was solely focused on foreign policy. Cain, a man who admits he knows little about international relations and has proven it, was asked seven questions.

In contrast, Congressman Ron Paul, a veteran who has unwavering views on foreign policy, has positioned himself in stark contrast to the majority of the other GOP candidates, and a man who serves on the House Foreign Relations Committee was asked just one question on foreign policy and afforded 89 seconds to speak.

It is very telling that Herman Cain, who has to recall memorized talking points written down for him by advisors, is still considered a front runner in the race for the GOP nomination while Ron Paul, who routinely speaks unscripted for over an hour at a time on foreign policy, continues to be sidelined by the establishment and not even allowed the opportunity to speak to the nation.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/herman-cain-again-proves-that-he-knows-nothing-about-foreign-policy.html

MJU1983
11-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Herman Cain offered Henry Kissinger secretary of state post (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68401.html)

:eek:

Kords21
11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Herman Cain is just as bought and paid for as black walnut flavor ice cream was when it was in production. This is guy is a joke and the sooner he walks off the stage the better.

John F Kennedy III
11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Herman Cain offered Henry Kissinger secretary of state post (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68401.html)

:eek:

Birds of a feather flock together.