PDA

View Full Version : stern

beermotor
06-15-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.freecentury.com/2007/06/15/call-out-for-ron-paul-on-howard-stern/

Email form link on that page; regardless of what you may think about Howard Stern, this is a great forum for us to preach to the not-yet-converted.

angelatc
06-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I think that Howard Stern might quickly denigrate the discussion simply to legalizing drugs and hookers.

AgentSmith
06-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I think that Howard Stern might quickly denigrate the discussion simply to legalizing drugs and hookers.

You get all the lazy potheads out to vote and you win. :)

I am kidding :P

beermotor
06-15-2007, 11:52 AM

I disagree. Of course, that would be a spot for Paul to go "the states should deal with this, not the feds; if Nevada wants to legalize it, then they must do it and deal with the consequences or enjoy the benefits. The federal war on drugs must end because it accomplishes nothing but wastes tons of taxpayer money. It is corrupt and foolish in the extreme."

I don't think Stern is as dumb as people think, anyway.

Korey Kaczynski
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
The show's too extreme for Paul. That said, they'd love him.

Tim724
06-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I am a huge Stern fan - I've been listening to him for years and have had Sirius since the day he went to satellite radio.

However, I do NOT think trying to get Stern to support Ron Paul would work.

In 2004 Stern was very adamant about convincing his listeners to get out and vote for Kerry. However, I believe he is basically a "limousine liberal" and would never get behind a constitutionalist.

Howard and Artie seem to really like Rudy Guliani and have said so many times. Stern also likes Hillary - I am pretty sure I have heard him say that it would be difficult for him to choose between Rudy and Hillary. He has also said that he feels fortunate to make the money that he makes and doesn't mind paying taxes. And, he is very pro-Isreal.

Although a genius in some ways, Howard Stern is not a very deep thinker when it comes to politics and economics. He has a very average, un-critical outlook in these areas.

I'm sure Ron Paul wouldn't agree with the government preventing the Sirius/XM merger. But other than that, I don't see Stern supporting many of Dr Paul's other views.

In fact, Stern would probably consider a libertarian/constitutionalist view point as "kooky" and would make fun of it just because he doesn't understand it.

I'm not trying to knock the orignal poster, as I have had the same thought of trying to get Stern behind Ron Paul. However, as someone who knows the Stern show very well, I have to conclude that it is NOT a workable idea.

Korey Kaczynski
06-15-2007, 01:52 PM
You'd think Stern would be more interested in getting the FCC disbanded, but I guess the whole "Israel" thing goes a long way.

Man from La Mancha
06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
I think Tim724 is right. You have to consider who pays him. And all of them are pro "Israel take over the middle east and use USA soilders for the dirty work" types