PDA

View Full Version : It's not just spillover . . .

Naraku
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulflow.png

Look at that, it dips from November 5th for a while and gets really low and start trending up and has stayed fairly constant above average. From what I can say, this looks like at least half of what's been raised today is from today not spillover.

Which means this is a really big day.

Original_Intent
11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
I think the spillover was largely conjecture and was not really a documented fact.

Donations have been steady all day and we are approaching $300K for the day.

This is the opposite of what I would have expected after the huge day yesterday.

The only explanation I can think of is that yesterday brought in a lot of new supporters who are fired up and want to continue supporting Dr. Paul.

Anyone else have a better explanation as to why fundraising is going so well today?

Richandler
11-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Well if we could get 300K everyday and keep it up then I think we'll do rather well.

DJ RP
11-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree. People are fired up. For a while the graph was stagnating and people might have lost a little momentum and enthusiasm in donating. This has shown the power of the grassroots and everybody is extremely proud and happy right now. They want to keep the momentum going.

Plus I do believe a lot of new donors have joined us too, yes, so that helps :)

SeanEdwards
11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Anyone else have a better explanation as to why fundraising is going so well today?

Media coverage of the money bomb is introducing new people to Ron Paul is my guess.

Edit: Also the big numbers create legitimacy and can encourage people who liked Paul but didn't think he had a chance.

moonbat
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Could be people who were thinking Paul would be a wasted vote. Yesterday certainly had to change some minds on his electability.

DeadheadForPaul
Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly...but have we already had 400 K today?

I read on a different thread tha something like 90% of the donators today had not donated before

Sematary
I think the spillover was largely conjecture and was not really a documented fact.

Donations have been steady all day and we are approaching $300K for the day.

This is the opposite of what I would have expected after the huge day yesterday.

The only explanation I can think of is that yesterday brought in a lot of new supporters who are fired up and want to continue supporting Dr. Paul.

Alot of people didn't want to be associated with the "negative connotations" of the 5th of November so decided to wait. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Stealth4
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulflow.png

Look at that, it dips from November 5th for a while and gets really low and start trending up and has stayed fairly constant above average. From what I can say, this looks like at least half of what's been raised today is from today not spillover.

Which means this is a really big day.

exactly I was expecting today to be a $25 k day - this is inspirational

DeadheadForPaul
11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Let's keep the Nov 11 Veterans Day fundraiser in the news so we can get new people to join in since they missed the 1st money bomb

DrNoZone
11-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Could be people who were thinking Paul would be a wasted vote. Yesterday certainly had to change some minds on his electability.

I think this might be right.

Cindy
11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
My bet is that there have been thousands of people on the fence about Paul, wanting to donate and get behind him, if/when they saw him gain a lot more serious traction. I think yesterdays fundraising numbers gave them the confidence, to send in what they have been wanting to for quite a while.