PDA

View Full Version : Iowa can change everything

Havax
11-15-2011, 09:34 AM
I can't tell you the amount of people I've met over the years and know personally that like Ron but are just 100% bought into the "he can't win" mentality. If we win Iowa it cannot be blacked out. People will realize he's viable and can win. Currently only my dad recently has been converted but I am certain that my mom, grandparents, and most of my conservative friends would immediately be on board.

We just need this first state and we will surge nationally. Ron needs to work on getting political now and step away from the philosophical realm. Stay close to his plan and emphasize that it will not end student loans, won't end medicare, and won't end social security. He needs to stay far away from issues that hurt him in a GOP primary (government out of gay marriage, drugs, and Iran) - or at the very least refine his message on these things that can appeal to the Neocons.

NeoconTea
11-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Watch the media try to black out Iowa, not going to be very easy!

ross11988
11-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I agree. So many people at my job keep saying they like him, but he can't win.

freejack
11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Another positive thing if he wins Iowa: he'll be receiving some high profile endorsements which will push him up even further. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic but I do see a Palin endorsement coming if he wins it.

Right now, we need to continue providing the campaign with the funds they need to get the word out.

Kords21
11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
When Dr. Paul wins Iowa, it's going to change up everything. The media can try and downplay it all they want, but the voice of the people will overpower them. Couple that with a strong 2nd place in NH (seems Romney has that all locked up) and we have serious momemtum heading into the other early states. This is such a great day for headlines.

11-15-2011, 09:41 AM
I hear the "I like him but he can't win" too. Not as much lately thought. A lot more people are getting onboard.

We need the largest gotv in history. I wonder how many of us are willing to go to Iowa for the caucus to help. I'm thinking about it.

IndianaPolitico
11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes it can! We are going to be running Dusman's "Oath" ad in an Iowa Magazine, learn more, and donate here! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329306-Help-Win-Iowa!-quot-Oath-quot-Ad-Chip-In

Havax
11-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Occupy Iowa?

ross11988
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I hear the "I like him but he can't win" too. Not as much lately thought. A lot more people are getting onboard.

We need the largest gotv in history. I wonder how many of us are willing to go to Iowa for the caucus to help. I'm thinking about it.

I sent in my application to the campaign and I havent heard back yet. I found prices of $205 from Allentown to Des Monies ROUNDTRIP. So its not that bad!

11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Occupy Iowa?

Do you mean those ows types plan to disrupt the caucus?

Or that we should all occupy Iowa with friendly Ron Paul people willing to help out?

11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
I sent in my application to the campaign and I havent heard back yet. I found prices of $205 from Allentown to Des Monies ROUNDTRIP. So its not that bad!

I'm too old for youth for paul. :)

We need something for the old people too.

Havax
11-15-2011, 09:47 AM
The latter.

rp08orbust
11-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Another positive thing if he wins Iowa: he'll be receiving some high profile endorsements which will push him up even further. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic but I do see a Palin endorsement coming if he wins it.

Unfortunately Palin's endorsement is coming today on Greta Van Susteren's show.

11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately Palin's endorsement is coming today on Gretta Van Sustren's show.

Who is she endorsing? It would be huge right now if she endorsed Ron.

ross11988
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm too old for youth for paul. :)

We need something for the old people too.

Even so prices for the Bus are cheaper then driving (most likely) and Im sure supporters out there will have their homes open to people.

goRPaul
11-15-2011, 09:52 AM
The new poll that shows Ron with 19% is very encouraging. Makes me think that Iowa is WINNABLE! Would certainly be a shocker if we pulled it off.

V3n
11-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Occupy Iowa?

Please don't. :(

Havax
11-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Occupy, as in mass amounts of people go to Iowa to knock on doors for Ron.

KingNothing
11-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Occupy, as in mass amounts of people go to Iowa to knock on doors for Ron.

Yes, but lets NEVER, EVER, call it Occupy.

Let's call it.... anything other than Occupy. There couldn't be a more toxic term.

ctiger2
11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Once Ron wins IA:

http://www.network-centricadvocacy.net/teamwork-thumb.jpg

11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Once Ron wins IA:

Can you even imagine how nuts all of us will go after he wins Iowa?

They though we were hardcore before showing up in large numbers at everything. They haven't seen anything yet.

1stAmendguy
11-15-2011, 10:25 AM
I agree. So many people at my job keep saying they like him, but he can't win.

Same here :(

djruden
11-15-2011, 10:27 AM
The occupy movements I have seen (in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City) aren't as bad as some ppl in this thread seem to think. Ron paul supporters are part of the occupy CR, and when my band played at the Occupy Iowa City camp I talked to many people that were very aware of the Federal Reserves role in banking cartels. It's not good to assume people are our enemies.

More boots on the ground would definitely be a plus tho! There's not sure bet that Ron will win but more people are coming around every day.

TomtheTinker
11-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Right now, we need to continue providing the campaign with the funds they need to get the word out.

Palin is making her endorsement tonight on gretta...its probably not gonna be ron.

won't end medicare, and won't end social security

not only will he not end it..he will save Medicare & S.S. for seniors.

JamesButabi
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
We haven't won anything yet folks. Double down on phone banking, canvassing, and outreach.

KingNothing
11-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Can you even imagine how nuts all of us will go after he wins Iowa?

They though we were hardcore before showing up in large numbers at everything. They haven't seen anything yet.

I don't think a $10M moneybomb week would be out of the question immediately following an Iowa win.

KingNothing
11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Palin will endorse Newt, right? That seems to make sense, and it would pave the way for Mitt to choose Newt as his VP nominee.

klamath
11-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Winning Iowa would be like a 50 million dollar nationwide ad buy. Don't underestimate it ever. RP has a lot better chance of surging in NH than Huckabee had and a win there in not out of probability after a win with Iowa. Huck won with the christian right in Iowa but RPs win would be a more balanced coalition than that and wouldn't turn off the less religious demographics of NH.

harikaried
11-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Double down on phone banking, canvassing, and outreach.http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

We need to find the Ron Paul supporters to then become precinct leaders and then prepare people to be delegates! It all starts with phone canvassing.

ross11988
11-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Palin is making her endorsement tonight on gretta...its probably not gonna be ron.

Source?