PDA

View Full Version : Plant the seeds "Newt and Paul are the smartest guys in the race"

NeoconTea
11-15-2011, 09:34 AM
A lot of people speak of how Newt is smart and that they like him for that. I think we can set ourselves up to gather Newt voters when he gets exposed and falls down. Just keep talking about intelligence and maybe some of it will stick. Newt supporters are more willing to listen to a Gingrich + Paul message than a NOBP message.

Philosophy_of_Politics
11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
A lot of people speak of how Newt is smart and that they like him for that. I think we can set ourselves up to gather Newt voters when he gets exposed and falls down. Just keep talking about intelligence and maybe some of it will stick. Newt supporters are more willing to listen to a Gingrich + Paul message than a NOBP message.

While I understand the intentions of your post. I would forewarn you that Gingrinch is clever and sinister, and would attempt to slander Ron Paul in such ways.

CaptUSA
11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm in full agreement with the OP.

Gingrich will not last and these people will need somewhere to go. The media is not going to direct them to Paul like they have with Newt, Cain, Perry, Bachman, Trump, everyone else on the planet...

The best way to ensure that Paul picks up support is to set him up as the second choice to these folks. It won't be long until Newt fades and when Paul starts picking up delegates, we need people to feel comfortable with him as the anti-Romney. That is still the game we're playing here.

The only caveat I'd place here is that in Iowa and NH, there is no longer time for the "second choice" strategy. Gingrich will be on his way out by election day which will help, but I believe he'll still be around.

NeoconTea
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
While I understand the intentions of your post. I would forewarn you that Gingrinch is clever and sinister, and would attempt to slander Ron Paul in such ways.
You're just going to be saying this to predominantly Newt voters with the hope that Newt will fall down and they'll come over to our side. We need votes, and this is only going to gain votes. No chance of losing votes with this approach.

Spanky
11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Newt won't fall like the others, I truly believe he is our biggest target

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I disagree. I would only speak to sincerity. Ron is as smart and FAR more genuine, Newt says whatever he thinks a particular audience will like, and his record is awful.

NeoconTea
11-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I think he'll fall, thanks to the media. If he doesnt fall quickly, he'll at least fall in early states with Romney ads. People who like Paul generally like him for his issues, so he's got a sort of immunity to negative ads.

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Newt pushed a plan very like Obamacare, pushed cap and trade, supported amnesty, supported TARP, and has personal baggage besides.\

Newt has no credibility and if we pretend he does WE will be what is propping him up.

klamath
11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I think you are right. Trying to expose newt scandals isn't going to have nearly the impact on Newt because most GOP voters already know about his past and that is part of the reason he started so poorly. He has made really good debate performances and that is helping him.

milo10
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
The important thing is to always give candidates their proper due.

"Newt is a smart man, and a very good speaker. He is very good at reframing questions and discussion, and he generally took the high road in the debates, which is praiseworthy.

Unfortunately, even if you agree with his stated policy goals, his record does not in any way support his rhetoric (fill in details). That is the norm with politicians, and that is why I support Ron Paul (fill in details)."