PDA

View Full Version : Politico: Four-way tie in Iowa

bluesc
11-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Those numbers confirm that the Newt phenomenon is real in Iowa (see the poll Maggie posted on this yesterday) and underscore why Iowa's still a risky bet for Romney. He holds on to his share of the vote, pretty much no matter what, but it's apparently easier — at least at this point — for the baggage-laden and gaffe-prone Gingrich to get close to the top than it is for Romney to lift his ceiling.

Paul's strong position is also worth waching: If other polls start to place him in the high teens in the early states, it'll show that he's drawing votes from beyond his libertarian activist base. And with the other Republican candidates as poorly organized in Iowa as they are, Paul's fervent corps of supporters could have an outsized impact in the caucuses.

His campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, told me last week that Paul views caucus states as his best opportunity to rack up delegates and give Romney a run for his money in the nomination fight.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68376.html#ixzz1dlzCEZ2t

Hopefully this whole four-way race thing becomes a meme, and others start reporting on it. It could begin a big bump for Ron, and some in the media may start taking him seriously.

Ranger29860
11-15-2011, 05:42 AM
outsized impact?

wgadget
11-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Blloomberg is reporting it too. They had BETTER be talking about it in the talk media...OR ELSE.

bluesc
11-15-2011, 05:45 AM
outsized impact?

Paul's supporters are by far the most enthusiastic, and the campaign has by far the best organization. Turn out for other candidates may be lower due to bad organization or bad weather, and Ron's supporters turn out anyway.. 19% turns into 24%, not by gaining, but by having a higher turnout rate. What was said in the article has always been the case. Sadly, the media can use it to play down an Iowa win to an extent.

lucent
11-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Blloomberg is reporting it too.

I should hope so, it's their poll.

wgadget
11-15-2011, 06:00 AM
I just heard it on their radio broadcast too. Wahoooo!

Ranger29860
11-15-2011, 06:03 AM
I just heard it on their radio broadcast too. Wahoooo!

What did they say about Paul?

Badger Paul
11-15-2011, 08:32 AM
"Paul's strong position is also worth waching: If other polls start to place him in the high teens in the early states, it'll show that he's drawing votes from beyond his libertarian activist base. And with the other Republican candidates as poorly organized in Iowa as they are, Paul's fervent corps of supporters could have an outsized impact in the caucuses."

It pays to be hardcore.

CaptUSA
11-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Sadly, the media can use it to play down an Iowa win to an extent.Oh, they will definitely do this. Which is why a strong 2nd in NH is so important as well. The anti-Romney candidate is going to win the nomination. Paul is placed well to do this. But it has to be the grassroots that gets everybody out!

kylejack
11-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Do you feel like a fervent corps of supporters? Because I sure do. :D

limequat
11-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Do you feel like a fervent corps of supporters? Because I sure do. :D

Hell, yeah!

wgadget
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
What did they say about Paul?

They basically read the article on the air.