PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul one point from 1st place in Iowa

cindy25
11-15-2011, 04:34 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-15/romney-two-way-race-is-now-four-way-republican-dead-heat-in-iowa-caucuses.html

A Bloomberg News poll shows Cain at 20 percent, Paul at 19 percent, Romney at 18 percent and Gingrich at 17 percent

oyarde
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Thank you Cindy , that made my day !

Kylie
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Fantastic report!

And I have half a mind to email the reporter just to say, "Thanks!" for actually writing about Ron, and not blackballing him.

Created4
11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Several interesting quotes:

"Paul’s support is more solidified than his rivals..."

"Polls in Iowa and New Hampshire -- site of the nation’s first primary -- are better barometers of the candidate field than national surveys because voters in those states are paying more attention and are aware of their early role in shaping the Republican race."

"There’s good news in the poll for Paul, 76, a Texas congressman who has attracted ardent supporters. Among likely caucus-goers who say their minds are made up, Paul leads with 32 percent, followed by Romney at 25 percent and Gingrich, a former House speaker, at 17 percent. Among Paul supporters who backed him in the 2008 caucuses, 69 percent are still with him now."

"Paul’s campaign leads for voter contact, with about two thirds of respondents saying they’ve heard from his campaign, followed by 61 percent who said they’ve been reached by Bachmann’s campaign. "

Wow! And this is Bloomberg! It's going to be pretty difficult for other MSM to ignore this.

Sharpie
11-15-2011, 11:56 AM
How will they downplay it if he wins? Will be interesting to watch.

kahless
11-15-2011, 12:02 PM
It probably will be reported something like this.

"This is a Foxnews Alert. Herman Cain beats Mitt Romney for 1st place while Newt Gingrich is still surging with a strong 3rd place showing. " Then followed by commentary about Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachmann.

fisharmor
11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
How will they downplay it if he wins? Will be interesting to watch.

I don't think they will. I think these stories are coming out in grudging acceptance of the fact that they might have to mention him after he wins.
If he wins - even if he places second (and one of those is going to happen), then they're going to have to talk about him.

If they don't talk about him after he wins, then it's lights out - people will stop watching, pull their phones out of their pockets, and start getting the news that way. The censorship will be too blatant if they don't report it.

If they start talking about it out of the blue, it'll be a "holy shit, we've actually been at war with East Asia this whole time" sort of moment, and boobus isn't quite tame enough to swallow that. They've really pushed it by refusing to cover OWS until it had spread across the entire country, and I don't think they're going to push this - again, for the reason that people will simply shut them off and start getting news elsewhere.

They're painted into a corner at this point.

Created4
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
It probably will be reported something like this.

"This is a Foxnews Alert. Herman Cain beats Mitt Romney for 1st place while Newt Gingrich is still surging with a strong 3rd place showing. " Then followed by commentary about Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachmann.

I don't know about Fox, but here's how a few others are reporting it:

New poll shows 4-way tie in Iowa as Ron Paul moves to top tier - CBS

Cain, Paul, Romney, Gingrich in Dead Heat in Iowa - Washington Post

Ron Paul moves into contender category in Iowa - Dallas Morning News

kahless
11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't think they will. I think these stories are coming out in grudging acceptance of the fact that they might have to mention him after he wins.
If he wins - even if he places second (and one of those is going to happen), then they're going to have to talk about him.

If they don't talk about him after he wins, then it's lights out - people will stop watching, pull their phones out of their pockets, and start getting the news that way. The censorship will be too blatant if they don't report it.

If they start talking about it out of the blue, it'll be a "holy shit, we've actually been at war with East Asia this whole time" sort of moment, and boobus isn't quite tame enough to swallow that. They've really pushed it by refusing to cover OWS until it had spread across the entire country, and I don't think they're going to push this - again, for the reason that people will simply shut them off and start getting news elsewhere.

They're painted into a corner at this point.

I think the outcome will be tarnishing their brand and a slight ratings decline however I am not so sure they will change. Foxnews goal for example is to ensure a Progressive or establishment Republican win while giving the appearance of having a Conservative slant. I believe their big government statist ideology trumps ratings or profits at this point. The same goes for the other networks.

You may be on to something since despite my outrage at Foxnews, it has always been the network I would watch mostly. Over the last month or so I have almost totally stopped watching Foxnews or any of the networks unless it is a debate or when Ron is on because the propaganda is so way over the top.

I figure whats the point, I am not getting the real story at all and only have to lookup what is really going on by what I find on the internet (senate and house bills, youtube speeches, etc)

CaptainAmerica
11-15-2011, 12:21 PM
First time ever that Ron Paul has broken 15 percent in a major state!!!!!!!!!!!!!