PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Are you signed up for the Ron Paul Call From Home Program

mstrmac1
11-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Just trying to get a measurement of how many of us are making calls? If your not that's ok.. just answer the poll.

mstrmac1
11-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Bump

McDermit
11-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Hmm

RonPaulRules
11-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I am signed up, but i feel like I dont know enough to call people. I am worried they might ask me questions I dont know the answers to.

The Magic Hoof
11-15-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm signed up and made some calls but I had to stop. If I could afford the expense of a cell phone I'd use up every single minute in a month that I possibly could making calls. I try to stay old fashioned and save some cash by not having a cell. It's looking like it's necessary at this point though if I want to make calls.

JamesButabi
11-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Did over 200 calls yesterday

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 11:32 AM
yes

Maximus
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I am signed up, but i feel like I dont know enough to call people. I am worried they might ask me questions I dont know the answers to.

Don't worry about that, right now we are just collecting information. You just click buttons on whatever the person says, no pressure.

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
You can say you'll have someone call back, you just don't want to mislead them and you don't know the details on that particular point. It's always better to do that then answer if you don't know.

harikaried
11-15-2011, 11:59 AM
If I could afford the expense of a cell phone I'd use up every single minute in a month that I possibly could making calls.How fast is your internet connection? You might be able to make free calls through Google Voice or pay a flat rate for a whole month of calling through Skype.

harikaried
11-15-2011, 12:01 PM
You can say you'll have someone call back, you just don't want to mislead them and you don't know the details on that particular point. It's always better to do that then answer if you don't know.What phone banking system have you been calling through? Most of the phone bank systems are just doing a simple poll unless you've been bumped up to do slightly more complicated precinct leader identification or convincing.

JamesButabi
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
What phone banking system have you been calling through? Most of the phone bank systems are just doing a simple poll unless you've been bumped up to do slightly more complicated precinct leader identification or convincing.

I'm not sure if I will catch flak, but I always get asked questions or personal opinions during these. I will chat and softly convince people who choose other candidates if they ask me personally about my own convictions. Then again im not shy at all, have a background in marketing, and have some fun with these people who insist on chatting further.

It usually occurs when when I close with something like "Thanks for your time, I am a volunteer for the Ron Paul campaign and I hope you will give him another look as I think he matches up very well with your main concerns"