PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft BOYCOTT ,opportunity to talk to gamers allover America

CaptainAmerica
11-15-2011, 01:35 AM
I have devised a plan out of anger to boycott Ubisoft for creating "RAINBOW SIX PATRIOTS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE7Sr3rgGS8

Lets go to electronic stores everywhere on Black Friday while the lines are waiting outside and hand out ron paul information about bank cartels and the federal reserve. To do this, first tell them about the Rainbow Six Patriots game and that an ongoing nationwide boycott is in effect. If you have facebook make a page(i dont have facebook) if you use twitter, tweet it. If you have steam join the "Boycott Rainbow Six Patriots" group.

We need to hurt their sales,and at the same time get out the awareness that these corporations are playing dirty politics trying to portray us as "homegrown terrorists" just because we call out the cronies for stealing our money through inflation and "bailouts".

messana
11-15-2011, 01:52 AM
The last good game was Raven Shield anyway.

libertarian4321
11-15-2011, 03:21 AM
I have devised a plan out of anger to boycott Ubisoft for creating "RAINBOW SIX PATRIOTS"

Lets go to electronic stores everywhere on Black Friday while the lines are waiting outside and hand out ron paul information about bank cartels and the federal reserve. To do this, first tell them about the Rainbow Six Patriots game and that an ongoing nationwide boycott is in effect. If you have facebook make a page(i dont have facebook) if you use twitter, tweet it. If you have steam join the "Boycott Rainbow Six Patriots" group.

We need to hurt their sales,and at the same time get out the awareness that these corporations are playing dirty politics trying to portray us as "homegrown terrorists" just because we call out the cronies for stealing our money through inflation and "bailouts".

Okay, this makes no sense whatsoever.

You want to boycott a game that isn't even scheduled to come out until 2013, based on a video clip of what MIGHT be in the game, and somehow get Ron Paul's name mixed up in it because there is some connection between the game and terrorists and bankers?

Huh?

I didn't watch the entire clip, but I have no idea how the Hell this relates to Ron Paul, and if I don't get it, I guarantee you casual gamers won't know what the heck you are talking about.

You'll come off looking like a wacko, and you'll make Ron Paul look wacky by association.

I recommend you find something more productive to do on Black Friday.

mello
11-15-2011, 09:52 AM
I think this would be a phenomenally bad idea to get Ron Paul's named associated with the boycott of a video game. The video game industry is larger than the movie industry with the average gamer being 30 years old. You don't want to piss off that group. They do not like it when people try telling them what games they can or cannot play. Ask Jack Thompson. He was the bane to gamers worldwide because he repeatedly tried to get violent video games banned. And every time that he convinced some politician to legislate video games they always ended up losing due to 1st amendment issues. That in turned cost taxpayers who ended up paying the legal bills. Jack ended up being disbarred.

Example two: Back in January 2008, Fox ran a segment on sex in Mass Effect, which alleged there was "full digital nudity and sex" as a voiceover claimed that players could engage in "graphic sex".

More unsettlingly for Bioware and EA, a reporter then went on to inaccurately suggest that the game was being marketed to kids and teenagers. Fox had game journalist Geoff Keighley and Psychologist/Radio Talk show host Cooper Lawrence on as the guests. Cooper was against the game & was promoting her new book "The Cult of Perception". The messed up thing about this news segment was that the only person that had actually played the game at all was Geoff Keighley. The Fox reporters spent a couple minutes online researching the game.

Now I actually played the game myself. It takes about 40 hours to play the game all the way through. And in order to get the offending scene, you have to find a blue alien on a huge space station populated with hundreds of aliens & then go through a conversation tree with her. You then leave & play the game some more, come back to the station & talk to her a little more. You repeat this a couple more times & if you made the right selections with the blue alien chick, you got to see an uncontrollable 30-second love scene montage where you see a moment of alien side-boob & ass. Now this Cooper chick that had never played the game along with the Fox news morons but they were talking about the game like you could have intense user-controlled alien boning sessions at the click of a button which was not the case at all. To top it off Fox news showed the offending blue alien side boob & ass on a loop during the story that was broadcast at 11 am on a weekday. The fallout was that the gaming news community excoriated Fox News for bad journalism. The gamers on the other hand got even with Cooper Lawrence by going to Amazon & giving her new book an avalanche of 1-star reviews. Here's a New York Times story about the wrath she got from gamers:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/26/arts/television/26mass.html

So just to make sure we're on the same page,

DON'T PISS OFF GAMERS!!!

Athan
11-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Indeed. I'm a gamer. We are a tight nit group and boycotts don't work with gamers. Its kind of like Ron Paulers attacking Ron Paulers. It just doesn't really happen. We've been through thick and thin for decades defending our love from assholes such as Thompson, Egbert, mortal combat critics in the media, and etc. What you need is more of a community discussion on how wrong it is if this is indeed attacking Ron Paul or his campaign. I admit I am unable to see the video at this time.

A letter writting campaign within the industry by players would be more effective and receptive to gamers and the industry. A lot of people writing online and magizines editorials saying Ubisoft should not act politically against a large segment of their customers who are concerned with monetary, domestic, and foreign policy. Don't also attack the company, tell them that a lot of their fans feel like the victims. (I personally would.)

Besides, Ubisoft is releasing Assassins Creed: Revelations. So a Black Friday campaign against them will look pretty pathetic and forgetable. I'm picking up that gem myself today. I've played Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and they actually did mention some foreign policy of the fed in the Subject 16 data archives. So the whole company is not hostile to Ron Paul positions. Maybe a group of writers or something.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-15-2011, 01:31 PM

That is fucking sick. What kind of a sick fuck would derive enjoyment out of that? You do realize you have to be something of a sociopath to enjoy that, right?

bkreigh
11-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Horrible idea to get an entire group of people to go along with something YOU disagree with. If you dont like it then dont buy it. Its as simple as that.