PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan - Return of the War Party?

sailingaway
11-14-2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=367877

ShaneEnochs
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
I believe he's wrong on one point: Iran will develop a nuclear weapon. However, they will not use it unless it's in self defense. They know the use of such a weapon would bring certain death to their country. Iran would be a field of glass. The only way they'll use it is if their destruction is imminent anyway.

pulp8721
11-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I believe he's wrong on one point: Iran will develop a nuclear weapon. However, they will not use it unless it's in self defense. They know the use of such a weapon would bring certain death to their country. Iran would be a field of glass. The only way they'll use it is if their destruction is imminent anyway.

Best part of the article:

True, Ahmadinejad hosted a Holocaust conference featuring David Duke and said Israel should be wiped off the map, but he does not control Iran's military, has lost favor with the ayatollah and has been threatened with impeachment. Ahmadinejad is a lame duck with less than two years left in his term. Is mighty Israel afraid of this man?

That's what people don't seem to grasp about Iran. As bad as their country is, they had enough sense to put term limits on their president. Who's to say the Greens couldn't take the presidency and the parliament in 2013 if we stay out?

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Oops, didn't see this posted :)

Revolution9
11-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Best part of the article:

That's what people don't seem to grasp about Iran. As bad as their country is, they had enough sense to put term limits on their president. Who's to say the Greens couldn't take the presidency and the parliament in 2013 if we stay out?

I have a client who is Lebanese American with alot of holdings. His project manager on the projects I am working on is a young man from Iran. I spoke with him about Israel and Iran and he said he doesn't like Ahmadinejad (he didn't realize he was 14th in command till I told him) and has no problems with Israel. He doesn't like them, or despise them. He agrees that everyone should just be left to deal with their neighbors with no foreign aid or weapons gifts and things will be better over there.

rev9

Cowlesy
11-14-2011, 11:48 PM
That's the thing, most Iranians you talk to think Ahmadinejad is an idiot, and they'd rather just get along with their lives. These people aren't Afghanis living in huts. I've always wondered, what would Pam Geller or one of the Islamophobes do if they had a medical emergency, and it was an Iranian doctor who saved their life. There are a lot of them, btw.

That's why, even though we certainly were part of the meddling, I was disappointed the Green Revolution there didn't gain any grip. People don't like being in constant fear of war, or having sanctions on them.

But I'll tell you what. If they got bombed? All the folks who didn't like Ahmadenijad or just thought he was an idiot, will close ranks in defense of their own people. That's why we shouldn't attack them. It's lunacy not from some overblown retaliation standpoint, but from potential asymmetrical stuff, and making another entire NATION hate us.

I hope our leaders are really not so stupid as to get us involved in that mess.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-14-2011, 11:53 PM
FYI - that's true. I talked to two people from Iran who felt the same way in school a few years ago. There's a small community of them here.