PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul as Treasury Secretary

Havax
11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
I am not saying he can't win or won't win the presidency. I'm just making a thread on the internet about a thought I had. Don't crucify me.

IF Ron doesn't win the nomination, would you consider voting for the republican ticket if they pledged to make Ron Treasury Secretary? I think it would be a no-brainer move for someone like Romney or Gingrich since they know they probably won't get the Paul-wing of the GOP's vote anyway - and there isn't any downside as the majority of the GOP says they "love Ron on economic issues". Forget if Ron would accept such an offer and answer in the poll. I think this could be a very real possibility if things play out. Obama cannot be defeated without the loyal votes of the Paul base.

pcosmar
11-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Nope.

NO One BUT PAUL.
Period
Exclamation
Emphatically
NO FUCKIN' WAY

Travlyr
11-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Ron Paul has my vote for President of the United States no matter what.

No One But Paul

FreeTraveler
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
I am not saying he can't win or won't win the presidency. I'm just making a thread on the internet about a thought I had. Don't crucify me.

IF Ron doesn't win the nomination, would you consider voting for the republican ticket if they pledged to make Ron Treasury Secretary? I think it would be a no-brainer move for someone like Romney or Gingrich since they know they probably won't get the Paul-wing of the GOP's vote anyway - and there isn't any downside as the majority of the GOP says they "love Ron on economic issues". Forget if Ron would accept such an offer and answer in the poll. I think this could be a very real possibility if things play out. Obama cannot be defeated without the loyal votes of the Paul base.
*Goes looking for two long stout boards and some nails.*

N. O. B. P.

newbitech
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
no one but paul

klamath
11-14-2011, 05:26 PM
VP yes Treasury no.

KramerDSP
11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Hypothetically, it makes no sense for RP to be the Treasury Secretary or for the winner to put him there. Their philosophy on the role and size of government contradicts with his. There is no way he could effectively and principally carry out his duties in direct opposition with "orders" given to him by a President Romney.

KramerDSP
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
VP yes Treasury no.

No one would have Ron Paul as Vice President because he'd be calling out the President on the wars and assassinations and expansions of civil liberties. Besides, the most extreme fringe of Ron Paul supporters have a reputation of being a little 'off-kilter' and could concievabally "ensure" an erasure to fulfill their dream of seeing Paul running the country. Crazy, but not out of the realm of possibility, no?

If anyone is going to be a Vice-President given Ron does not win, it'll be his son as the bridge between Romney/GOP to the Paul base. Even then, I don't think Ron could endorse Romney, and that would be the deathknell of that ticket.

specsaregood
11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
IF Ron doesn't win the nomination, would you consider voting for the republican ticket if they pledged to make Ron Treasury Secretary?

Pledge, LOL. Is that like the contract with america? Or more humble foreign policy or read my lips? LOL, pledge, ROFL.

klamath
11-14-2011, 05:40 PM
No one would have Ron Paul as Vice President because he'd be calling out the President on the wars and assassinations and expansions of civil liberties. Besides, the most extreme fringe of Ron Paul supporters have a reputation of being a little 'off-kilter' and could concievabally "ensure" an erasure to fulfill their dream of seeing Paul running the country. Crazy, but not out of the realm of possibility, no?

If anyone is going to be a Vice-President given Ron does not win, it'll be his son as the bridge between Romney/GOP to the Paul base. Even then, I don't think Ron could endorse Romney, and that would be the deathknell of that ticket.
I didn't say they would but I would vote for a ticket that had RP VP, head of the NSC.

pcosmar
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Pledge, LOL. Is that like the contract with america? Or more humble foreign policy or read my lips? LOL, pledge, ROFL.
lol
I can only add,,

WHAT TREASURY?

Jingles
11-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Maybe, maybe, maybe if it was Jon Huntsman as the nominee..., but idk. Probably not.

I would if Gary Johnson won the nomination. Otherwise, hell no.

specsaregood
11-14-2011, 06:39 PM
lol
I can only add,,
WHAT TREASURY?

I can only add that the upside of this would mean we'd only have to get 4 people to retire before we'd be hailing president paul.

Anti Federalist
11-14-2011, 06:44 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHi5zkN9SbYjQoGfKP9hkFVB1GtTJ9u-_0hNF55Wpu2wxS4-MFTJtR36-0

LibertyEagle
11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
If it had been someone like Sanford, or maybe even DeMint, maybe. But, no, I will not vote for any of the other Republican candidates under any circumstances, because they support agendas that are totally opposite from what I believe in.

A limited constitutional republic
States' rights (ie. 10th amendment)
Individual liberty
Personal responsibility
Personal privacy
A strong national defense (NOT offense)
Honest money
National sovereignty

emazur
11-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Picking Paul for Treasury would just be a strategy of pandering to the Paul supporters, with the exception of Gary Johnson or maybe Bachmann. Any other candidate would fire Ron Paul shortly after taking position, if they even followed up on their promise to appoint Paul (which is doubtful), and then of course Paul himself may very well not want to serve under someone like Romney or Cain. Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't hold back on condemning them for fiscal irresponsibility and he knows he would get fired for this, so it would still be a losing proposition for Paul.

Sola_Fide
11-14-2011, 07:29 PM
No way.

ghengis86
11-14-2011, 07:35 PM
No One But Paul

cindy25
11-14-2011, 08:00 PM
1) it might be illegal for anyone to promise a govt job to anyone
2) cabinet members serve at the pleasure of the president, and its the president who sets policy
3) Ron Paul would make a horrible employee; he is just too independent and too honest to take orders for the team

Ekrub
11-14-2011, 08:07 PM
If Thaddeus McCotter is elected president and pledges a RP Vice Presidency or Treasury secretary, I PROMISE to vote for that ticket.

Otherwise, NOBP

cindy25
11-14-2011, 08:13 PM
If Thaddeus McCotter is elected president and pledges a RP Vice Presidency or Treasury secretary, I PROMISE to vote for that ticket.

Otherwise, NOBP

VP is totally different; its a constitutional office, a sure thing.

any blank/Paul ticket would get my support (and that would include Rand in the VP slot)

Ekrub
11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
VP is totally different; its a constitutional office, a sure thing.

any blank/Paul ticket would get my support (and that would include Rand in the VP slot)

VP really doesn't have any power, and Ron has no chance at being somebodies VP. I was joking about McCotter as his chance of winning the presidency is right up there with Johnson and Karger. NOBP for me.

klamath
11-14-2011, 09:03 PM
VP really doesn't have any power, and Ron has no chance at being somebodies VP. I was joking about McCotter as his chance of winning the presidency is right up there with Johnson and Karger. NOBP for me.
The vp is the head of the national security council, the main group that determines whether our nation goes to war. Ask Chaney if he had no power.

bunklocoempire
11-14-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MqXXX3jOA

;)

The GOP is the anti-Paul.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.":toady:

None of those sacks o' crap would give Paul the time of day.

N. O. B. P.

Bunkloco

Havax
11-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Well I got a couple useful responses in here among a host of annoying ones. Thanks.

amy31416
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Well I got a couple useful responses in here among a host of annoying ones. Thanks.

*Shrug*

NOBP.

Miss Annie
11-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Well I guess I will be another annoying one. If Ron Paul's name is not on the ballot, I will write it on there myself! And that is all I have to say about that! :)

The Goat
11-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Federal reserve chairman, maybe...treasury secretary, no point. the point is NO ONE would put Paul as Federal reserve chairman.

cindy25
11-14-2011, 10:29 PM

Ron doesn't, but Rand does if its a brokered convention. Having Rand a heart beat away from Newt or Cain would give him a 1 in 4 shot at being pres someday.

No Free Beer
11-14-2011, 10:33 PM
No way that any of these NWO scumbags would choose that. Once they become President-Elect, the bankers own them. Do you honestly think they would choose Ron Paul as a treasury Sec? Give me a break...

Fermli
11-14-2011, 10:55 PM
I am pleasantly surprised by the lop-sidedness of the poll. I love RPF members =)

Fermli
11-14-2011, 11:05 PM
This is Ron Paul as Treasury Secretary.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/2/1/7/5/4/5/ron-paul-alone-37866831244.jpeg

They locked the door.

sailingaway
11-14-2011, 11:11 PM
treasury secretaries can be asked to resign, and given his idea of an appropriate allowance and his belief that you having to prove you DON'T owe a tax rather than the IRS having to prove you DO is unConstitutional, I think the idea isn't very practical.

Ekrub
11-15-2011, 03:09 AM
The vp is the head of the national security council, the main group that determines whether our nation goes to war. Ask Chaney if he had no power.

And if Ron was chosen as VP, he would have no power other than the power that is constitutionally granted to him. (tiebreaker in the senate)

LibertyEagle
11-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Whomever, in that poll, said they would vote for Gingrich, seriously needs to do some more research about him. He is a globalist extraordinaire and would complete the sellout of our sovereignty the first chance that he had.

klamath
11-15-2011, 07:51 AM
And if Ron was chosen as VP, he would have no power other than the power that is constitutionally granted to him. (tiebreaker in the senate) RP would have termendous power because he would have the power to disagree with the administration and the news would cover that. He could not be fired as he would be jointly elected with the president. He is still head of the NSC and if they took him off of that he would speak up. Yep I would vote for RP,VP and in the end so would a majority of his supporters even if they don't think so now. If RP was out on the campaign trail asking people to vote for him HIS supporters would. The chances of him being picked as VP and him accepting it are almost nil though.

Diurdi
11-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Besides, the most extreme fringe of Ron Paul supporters have a reputation of being a little 'off-kilter' and could concievabally "ensure" an erasure to fulfill their dream of seeing Paul running the country. Crazy, but not out of the realm of possibility, no?

LOL :D Snorted my drink all over my keyboard.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2011, 01:17 PM

You asked an annoying question.

What did you expect?

:-|

Ekrub
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
RP would have termendous power because he would have the power to disagree with the administration and the news would cover that. He could not be fired as he would be jointly elected with the president. He is still head of the NSC and if they took him off of that he would speak up. Yep I would vote for RP,VP and in the end so would a majority of his supporters even if they don't think so now. If RP was out on the campaign trail asking people to vote for him HIS supporters would. The chances of him being picked as VP and him accepting it are almost nil though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt this. I don't expect anything to change in the media, even if he is President.

Regardless, Ron wouldn't be picked as a VP and I doubt he would take the position to prop up somebody who disagrees with him on just about everything. Possibly treasury secretary, if it would help the liberty movement. But again, I don't think that he would do it.

SL89
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Nope.

NO One BUT PAUL.
Period
Exclamation
Emphatically
NO FUCKIN' WAY

^^THIS^