PDA

View Full Version : The Polling Company Iowa Caucus poll 11-11 to 11-13

michaelkellenger
11-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Conducted 11/11 to 11/13 of 501 likely voters.

Cain -- 20%
Gingrich -- 19
Romney -- 14
Bachmann -- 10
Paul -- 10
Perry -- 5
Santorum -- 4
Huntsman -- 2
Johnson -- 1
Undecided -- 13

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_primary-1588.html

kah13176
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Sigh. Bachmann making a comeback?

We're losing ground in national polls. We've made 0 headway in polls despite our 6 month's worth of efforts.

michaelkellenger
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Sigh. Bachmann making a comeback?

We're losing ground in national polls. We've made 0 headway in polls despite our 6 month's worth of efforts.

Yup, I really don't get it. Tons of donations money...tons of tv ads in key states, tons of grassroots support, official campaign stops are plenty, and the phone from home program. We are doing a lot more than last time around in every facet....yet no headway at all. Very depressing.

pauliticalfan
11-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Crowded field.

11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Bachman's got home field advantage. Interesting Gingrich and Romney swapped places. The big question is where does Cain's support go as he tanks. Also as Newt gets smeared do him and Romney swap places again? This is the definition of a wide open field.

da32130
11-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Yup, I really don't get it. Tons of donations money...tons of tv ads in key states, tons of grassroots support, official campaign stops are plenty, and the phone from home program. We are doing a lot more than last time around in every facet....yet no headway at all. Very depressing.

How many candidates have been mired well below 10% for at least some of the past few months? All but us and Romney. We weren't even above 5% last time at this stage.

Nothing we can do but keeping pushing forward, most of us by donating and phoning http://phone.ronpaul2012.com.

Feelgood
11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
This so gets old. I'm so tired of hearing apathy knocking at my door.

rich34
11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Keep in mind that Perry has a ton of money to trash somebody before this is all said and done. So far as things have gone it would seem he would most likely go after Romney which would probably help Newt or Cain, but neither Newt or Cain have much of an organization in Iowa from what I understand.

Uriah
11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Bachman's got home field advantage. Interesting Gingrich and Romney swapped places. The big question is where does Cain's support go as he tanks. Also as Newt gets smeared do him and Romney swap places again? This is the definition of a wide open field.

There was a Des Moines Register survey done within the last couple of weeks that showed the breakdown of Cain's support. It showed their 2nd choice candidate. I remember 30% would go to Romney and Gingrich was next and Paul was around 4th with 8%.

Also, if the media can be manipulated isn't just as easy to manipulate the polls? They can fake all the data. Easy as pie. Don't let it get to you.

11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Perry is in no position to trash anyone after his blunder. I think his campaign will be tight with money because there won't be much more coming in.

Badger Paul
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
And yet were No. 1 in the Iowa Independent power rankings. Keep that in mind.

kah13176
Perry is in no position to trash anyone after his blunder. I think his campaign will be tight with money because there won't be much more coming in.

No it won't. He made more in Q3 than we have combined.

bluesc
Keep in mind that Perry has a ton of money to trash somebody before this is all said and done. So far as things have gone it would seem he would most likely go after Romney which would probably help Newt or Cain, but neither Newt or Cain have much of an organization in Iowa from what I understand.

Who's to say he won't do his buddies a favor and go after Ron if he begins surging in Iowa just before the caucuses? Trust me, they don't want Ron winning.

Kords21
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't think Perry will go after Dr. Paul. That'd be punching down in his mind. Perry will go after the "frontrunners". All these puppets can be leading all the polls they want, but I suspect that while they're busy trying to make soundbits on fox news they're ignoring the whole ground-game equation to winning Iowa. The media can make light of the Ron Paul victories in the straw polls, but those are real people caring enough to go an vote vs random people called and asked a question. I do believe there is a serious underestimation of the Ron Paul ground-game going on here.

parocks
11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Who's to say he won't do his buddies a favor and go after Ron if he begins surging in Iowa just before the caucuses? Trust me, they don't want Ron winning.

Something like this.

parocks
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't think Perry will go after Dr. Paul. That'd be punching down in his mind. Perry will go after the "frontrunners". All these puppets can be leading all the polls they want, but I suspect that while they're busy trying to make soundbits on fox news they're ignoring the whole ground-game equation to winning Iowa. The media can make light of the Ron Paul victories in the straw polls, but those are real people caring enough to go an vote vs random people called and asked a question. I do believe there is a serious underestimation of the Ron Paul ground-game going on here.

Not as much this (at least the punching down part).

NIU Students for Liberty
11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
And yet were No. 1 in the Iowa Independent power rankings. Keep that in mind.

Yes, in terms of organization. I hate to say this but where is that getting us, a measly 5-8% this late in the game?

seapilot
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
In that poll there is 13% undecided a guess is some of those are evangelical voters.

Cain likely will not do well in Iowa, he is flip flopping on abortion= toast. Gingrich history with infidelity= toast. Perry = oops. ROmney will get the predictable 20-25% establishment republican vote. He spent over 30 million last time to achieve that. Not surprising to see M. Bachmann get 10 %. I am betting she places in the top 4 in Iowa.

I know I sound like a broken record stating this in a few other threads but after looking back at past Iowa caucuses and reading threads from last time the winner historically is decided by the evangelical vote. Which of the candidates do the evangelicals share the most views with, Bachmann, Santorum and Ron Paul.

Lord Xar
11-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Cain likely will not do well in Iowa, he is flip flopping on abortion= toast. Gingrich history with infidelity= toast. Perry = oops. ROmney will get the predictable 20-25% establishment republican vote. He spent over 30 million last time to achieve that. Not surprising to see M. Bachmann get 10 %. I am betting she places in the top 4 in Iowa.

I know I sound like a broken record stating this in a few other threads but after looking back at past Iowa caucuses and reading threads from last time the winner historically is decided by the evangelical vote. Which of the candidates do the evangelicals share the most views with, Bachmann, Santorum and Ron Paul.

Cains flipflopping won't matter
Gingrich's history won't matter

Why? BECAUSE THE MEDIA WILL NOT REPORT IT and NOBODY IS GOING AFTER ANYONE, and bringing this stuff up!

Lord Xar
11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
I think Ron needs to fire the salvos. If someone like Bachmann does, then those who leave gingrichs'/cains camp will go to the person attacking, imho.

I think if Ron goes on the offensive, others will take notice of Paul. Your take?

11-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Cains flipflopping won't matter
Gingrich's history won't matter

Why? BECAUSE THE MEDIA WILL NOT REPORT IT and NOBODY IS GOING AFTER ANYONE, and bringing this stuff up!

Oh yeah they will. They can't resist dirt.

rideurlightning
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I think Ron needs to fire the salvos. If someone like Bachmann does, then those who leave gingrichs'/cains camp will go to the person attacking, imho.

I think if Ron goes on the offensive, others will take notice of Paul. Your take?

I know it is not his style, but he needs to do what he did on Morton Downey's show. He really needs to take shots at people.