PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich The Newt Gingrich Scandals are starting

Xelaetaks
11-14-2011, 03:18 PM
On CNN they are talking about his evolvement with Fannie Mae and Freedy Mac. The flavor of the week might come down faster than we thought.

Ronulus
11-14-2011, 03:22 PM
He's a terrible candidate if you look at his history. I don't understand how he is even still in this.

trey4sports
11-14-2011, 03:27 PM
I really don't think Newt's bump will last more than a couple weeks. He is DOA

JohnGalt1225
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't think Newt will ever rise as high, or stay as long as Herman Cain. (weirdly)

RDM
11-14-2011, 03:38 PM
He's a terrible candidate if you look at his history. I don't understand how he is even still in this.

People under the age of 40 don't know his past. That's where a lot of his support is coming.

ctiger2
11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I really don't think Newt's bump will last more than a couple weeks. He is DOA

Yep, Newt is basically a fat POS. Won't take long to uncover that. lol

CaptainAmerica
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
On CNN they are talking about his evolvement with Fannie Mae and Freedy Mac. The flavor of the week might come down faster than we thought. the bigger they are the harder they fall

NeoconTea
11-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Weren't we saying the same thing about Cain? "Oh he has no chance", "he'll be down in no time", etc. Well he's still polling in the 20% range.

Let's not be stupid and underestimate anyone.

11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Weren't we saying the same thing about Cain? "Oh he has no chance", "he'll be down in no time", etc. Well he's still polling in the 20% range.

Let's not be stupid and underestimate anyone.

Cain is tanking. He'll be mid single digits in about 3 weeks. Gingrich will rise to mid 20's in about 2 weeks then sink to low teens before Iowa.

wizardwatson
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Not singling you out, but for all those people who keep saying "how is he still in this!" for candidates like Cain/Romney/Perry/Newt...

...I would just like to remind you all that GWB got RE-elected.

TheAquaBuddha
11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
On CNN they are talking about his evolvement with Fannie Mae and Freedy Mac. The flavor of the week might come down faster than we thought.

What kind of dirt could possibly come out/resurface against Speaker Gingrich?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWt7lCMzG90

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/newt/vanityfair4.html

In the spring of 1977, she was in Washington to attend a census-bureaus workshop when Gingrich took her to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. He met her back at her modest hotel room. "We had oral sex," she says. "He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, "I never slept with her." Indeed, before Gingrich left that evening, she says, he threatened her: "If you ever tell anybody about this, I'll say you're lying."

She tells me this, she says, because she fears that Newt might become president someday. "I don't claim to be an angel," she says, but she is repelled by Newt's stance as Mr. Family Values. "He's morally dishonest. He has gone too far believing that 'I'm beyond the law.' He should be stopped before it's too late."

John F Kennedy III
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Take all precautions. Never under-estimate your opponent.

Tod
11-14-2011, 05:21 PM
People under the age of 40 don't know his past. That's where a lot of his support is coming.

Yes, a lot of people aren't familiar with his history. Tough battle ahead getting the word out if the media doesn't help out.

Maximus
11-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Cain never had an actual record though, he could just say "you misquoted me".

Gingrich is very much on public record.

icon124
11-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Not singling you out, but for all those people who keep saying "how is he still in this!" for candidates like Cain/Romney/Perry/Newt...

yea people tend to forget we are voting in America.

A country full of zombies...where the stupidest things that seem like they could never happen (because all you need is common sense to realize how stupid it is) really do happen.

That's what you get when everyone is running around in a rat race all day consuming their mcdonald's and all of that microwavable crap LOL

and Kim K. is the hottest thing going.....I'm embarrassed to say I am a human sometimes NOW that's bad hahahaha

matt0611
11-14-2011, 05:37 PM

Against John Kerry...
When the countries Economy was still is relatively OK shape on the surface.
But point taken, the general public is overwhelmingly ignorant.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh wait, Drudge, CNN, Politico are all reporting Gingrich is on top.

I think you are looking at this wrong. The media campaigns are not about convincing anyone to vote for anyone, but to make it look plausible that people voted for them when they fix the elections. In which case, I expect some news story that will justify Gingrich being solidly on top shortly.

Honest elections aren't counted in secretly, debates aren't fixed, and we've already seen the same people cheat outrageously in preliminary straw polls - like Florida where 24% of the votes were lost. We've gone way beyond what constitutes fair elections in this country - just like we've made the police chiefs unelected, taken out the power of grand juries and juries, eliminated private prosecution and created crimes against the state, made the currency system completely fraudulent, etc.

We have appearances, not the real thing, and normal people don't switch opinions that fast. Go to any of the debates in person, and you might see who the people actually like.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
PS - this is about beating the media's perception and created consenses, not anything quite as real as you might think.

zerosdontcount
11-14-2011, 06:11 PM
I think you are all underestimating Newt.

ninepointfive
11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Talk about a tough decision. Who would you pick, Cain or Newt? Those are the only options!

CaptUSA
11-14-2011, 06:27 PM
The biggest scandal should be his response in the last debate where he said he'd go into other countries, conduct secret wars with impugnity, and then lie about them.

Let me ask you, if a politician is being honest about his desire to lie to you, does that make him honest or a liar?

11-14-2011, 06:30 PM
If you thought the Cain scandals were good, just wait for Newt's. They are going to put Hermy to shame.

ShaneEnochs
11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
What kind of dirt could possibly come out/resurface against Speaker Gingrich?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWt7lCMzG90

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Paul or not at all
11-14-2011, 06:57 PM
"Children should be taught the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto."-Newt (Politico)

McDermit
11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Newt has the best name recognition... that alone will work in his favor. Younger people have no idea what he's done or been involved in unless we go out and research it... but we grew up hearing his name.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-14-2011, 07:50 PM
"Children should be taught the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto."-Newt (Politico)
Couldn't help but notice your signature.

Is Paul Broun interested in running for Senate?

ZanZibar
11-14-2011, 09:25 PM
If you thought the Cain scandals were good, just wait for Newt's. They are going to put Hermy to shame.Watching Newt's voting record and personal history being trotted out on the front page of every paper in the country is going to be very entertaining to see the least. :D

Paul or not at all
11-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Couldn't help but notice your signature.

Is Paul Broun interested in running for Senate?
No, that was a 2010 draft page that i started.

osan
11-16-2011, 02:19 PM
On CNN they are talking about his evolvement with Fannie Mae and Freedy Mac. The flavor of the week might come down faster than we thought.This was perfectly predictable, of course. Cain is more or less out of it, as will be Newt. I guess the question is who, then, is to be the anointed one? Who is pulling these strings and to what end? Is it to undermine the Republican position to best guarantee Obama gets his second term or to at least ensure that barring this, the opposing candidate of choice is seated?This pattern of progression is so obviously contrived, and yet the bulk of our great population of idiots see nothing and hence do nothing. Incredible.