PDA

View Full Version : Im Back... Sorry & Thanks

UtahApocalypse
06-15-2007, 10:39 AM
As many of you know I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday over events in the SLC meetup group. After talking to many people from all over I was able to clarify information that I had been given. I now know that the Ron Paul campaign was not behind the problems, even though it was made to appear that way. It is a few over zealous members and the situation is being worked on. I am sorry about the way I acted as it was childish. I was frustrated about things and blew up. I am sorry to all of those who I offended and I thank those who were supportive about trying to help me through the problems. With that in mind I am back ! and fully ready to continue work on getting Dr. Ron Paul elected to Office of the President of the United States.

mdh
06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear it. I hope you've come to some realizations about maintaining self-control even when you get angry. :) I'm an angry person in general, downright ornery, but I'm always in control of myself and the way I react to things that wind my clock. ;)

foofighter20x
06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah... It's easy to get angry about some things sometimes.

Best Advice I can give for those moments comes from none other than good ole' TJ:

"When angry, count ten before you speak; if very angry, count a hundred." -- Thomas Jefferson.

slantedview
06-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Good to hear. If you like Ron Paul's message and what he stands for, that's all that matters. Hopefully other supporters won't get you down in the future.

4Horsemen
06-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Don't ever be afraid to express yourself. Fear of being criticized prevents most people from saying what's on their minds. Your not always going to get a positive response, but you live and learn. It's just words anyways, but it gets people thinking.

Lesgov
06-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Many of us Ron Paul supporters are very passionate about the cause. Lets face it, Ron Paul is the best thing that has come along for the country in a long, long time.
Passion is going to cause a lot of tempers to flare.
It takes a big person to come back with their hat in their hand carrying an apology. I’m proud to be in this Ron Paul army with you UtahApocalypse.

Les

Quantumystic
06-15-2007, 01:47 PM
It happens. It's cool.

Just give us names and addresses... and we'll put poo-poo in their mailboxes!

j/k

hambone1982
06-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Word Amigo. Welcome back.

lucky
06-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Put it behind Utah. It shows you have passion and we all learn from everything. We need you and want you marching forward with us toward the win.

DjLoTi
06-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Apparently, the Pasadena meetup is having similar problems. lol

austin356
06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
UA, I am glad we here in Birmingham, Jackson, and Tuscaloosa have not had the type of seemingly high school drama that you guys in SLC have had!!

This is what you get though w/ RP supporters. A big big tent, and a base of libertarians that hate authority!!

Noodles
06-15-2007, 02:26 PM
austin,
do you know of anything Ron Paul related in the Hattiesburg, MS area?

Thanks

mdh
06-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Check facebook.com, eventful.com, and meetup.com, Noodles. If anything exists, it'll be in at least one of those places, I'm sure.

austin356
06-15-2007, 02:35 PM
austin,
do you know of anything Ron Paul related in the Hattiesburg, MS area?

Thanks

No but I will keep my ears open. I am going to Pearl River County today and abunch of people down there have ties in the H-town area. I will attempt to spread the man with two first names' message of liberty down there, hopefully it will translate into someone taking action and starting a meetup group.

DXDoug
06-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Glad we didnt lose you, i read what had happen and am glad you changed your mind. ron paul is too cool :p to not have some one like you supporting him :) .

legion
06-15-2007, 04:18 PM
cool thanks for posting a thread about this in the ron paul news forum.

Broadlighter
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Glad you are back and I applaud your courage to check out the facts. I've seen this happen in many cases where someone says they got the word on high to force everyone to go along with their agenda. When you get the word from the horse's mouth, you get a much different picture.

Bloody Holly
06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
It's okay Utah. We all have our moments. Welcome back :)

DrStrabismus
06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Good to see you've come to your senses Utah. Welcome back.

joenaab
06-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome back!

Hey, never before has such a diverse group of people all rallied so passionately around one candidate. This is the biggest tent ever! With eigth months to go in the primary season, you've got so much time to find a group of like-minded people to work with, that these early bumps in the road will mean nothing after a while.

Man from La Mancha
06-15-2007, 04:35 PM
How true joenaab!