PDA

View Full Version : True Tea Party December 16th moneybomb

Naraku
11-14-2011, 12:41 AM
First, I want to address this notion that Ron Paul does not need any big moneybombs anymore or that the money is needed sooner. None of this ends in Iowa, or in New Hampshire. Winning one or both of those states is certainly critical in my opinion, but we obviously have to win states after that as well so Paul will need as much money as possible and a continuous flow of it. A big fundraising day on December 16th should get him money in time to focus heavy on later states like South Carolina, Florida, and Nevada. Winning the nomination requires us to focus on the idea of not ceding any ground. So the key is finding a way to really get a big chunk of change for the campaign to pour into those states to capitalize on any successes in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Last time around the big fundraising successes came from idealistic themes like Remember, remember, the fifth of November or the Boston Tea Party. However, this time around the biggest success has been Black This Out, which focused on a more narrative theme. The narrative of being blacked out by the media was very successful. I think pulling a December 16th moneybomb like last time is not going to work unless we address the elephant in the room that is the Tea Party movement.

So my idea is, consistent with the narrative theme, we put out the narrative of Ron Paul as the true tea party candidate focusing on the 2007 tea party events for Ron Paul and pointing out the various policy issues with proclaimed Tea Party candidates Gingrich and Cain. Domain names for trueteaparty.com or thetrueteaparty.com are open so that would be one place to set up a site.

This sort of move could garner more attention than the black this out event. While the national news networks may not give us a fair shake we should consider other media coverage, like state news in Iowa or online news outlets.

Paulistinian
11-14-2011, 12:46 AM
We should use our Ron Paul Meetups to organize Tea Party rallies like we did in 07. We'll bring our Tri-corner hats, Don't Tread on Me flags and boxes labeled Patriot Act and Federal Reserve to throw in the sea.