PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor our own debates?

jtstellar
11-13-2011, 07:16 PM
there is a thread going on at dailypaul http://www.dailypaul.com/187038/this-is-how-we-fix-the-debate-bias today toying around with the idea of sponsoring our own debates. one comment suggested it costs around 20~30k for basic organization, and i presume media would come at free of cost if candidates are willing to participate. should be relatively easy consider we raise close to a million each money bomb at the most minimum. i think organizers can also take a handsome overhead given our money raising ability, so i encourage skilled campaigners/people who have worked as media or national campaign insiders/organizers to come up with ideas. i personally would commit 100 to such effort and i don't mind undertakers keep a major portion of that. needless to say there's bound to be more like me. many more.

ShaneEnochs
11-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't think it would work for a couple reasons.

1. The other candidates would have a problem with pretty much any moderators we chose.
2. The other candidates are fine with Ron Paul not getting any time.

Pauls' Revere
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I think it would be a great idea. Place Dr. Paul in the middle podium and give him the majority of the time allotment. Use the same format bias the networks do and see how the other candidates respond. Totally ignore Romney, Cain, and Perry and focus on Paul, Bachman, and santorum, huntman. Not that I agree with the ohters but they need a fair shake too.

zerosdontcount
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Or have Paul challenge an opponent in a Lincon-Douglas style debate :p

Pauls' Revere
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Or have Paul challenge an opponent in a Lincon-Douglas style debate :p

sure, we could have debate bombs...

Romney / Paul debate bomb.

Cain / Paul debate bomb.

etc...

Lymeade-Lady
11-13-2011, 09:13 PM
YES! I think we need an intellectual debate on issues of liberty. How about the Judge as a moderator?

Nate-ForLiberty
11-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Why not create a video of a "debate". Basically it will be clips of the debates we've had so far, but with fair time given to all candidates. Call it whatever debate you want. Could be a good video to pass around.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Judge Nap and Stossel as moderators. Yes!

GeorgiaAvenger
11-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I could see Paul, Santorum, Huntsman, Johnson, Bachmann, and Roemer all attending.

ShaneEnochs
11-13-2011, 09:54 PM
You guys really think the other candidates would come?

nayjevin
11-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Why not create a video of a "debate". Basically it will be clips of the debates we've had so far, but with fair time given to all candidates. Call it whatever debate you want. Could be a good video to pass around.

There it is right there... public access TV and even pbs might pick that up. Copyright issues perhaps... hmmm

Zippyjuan
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM
How much crediblity would you give say a Mitt Romney or Barak Obama supporter sponsored debate? Would you be more likely to watch and eventually vote for Mitt or would you ignore it and dismiss it? I think any sponsorship should be perceived to be as neutral as possible.

Keith and stuff
11-13-2011, 10:17 PM
There are 30 folks running in the GOP Primary in NH. If Ron Paul Forums paid for 20 of them to attend, maybe 20 of them would attend. So this debate should be possible for 50k or so. Anyway, I'm just kidding.

asurfaholic
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Just a quick point to be considered, the costs could be recovered in entry fees.