PDA

View Full Version : REPS forcing vote on impeachment of Cheney!

sirachman
11-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Kucinich tried to get it to voted on, Dems tried to table it, Reps voted against tabling it, they didnt table it, now dems are trying to get it to go to a committee, chaos ensues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

turn on cspan 1!!!!!!

a_european
11-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Thats why duels should be legal.

nunaem
11-06-2007, 03:16 PM
WTF, so let me get this straight, the republicans are voting FOR discussions of impeachment of Cheney and the democrats are voting AGAINST it because they don't want to be embarrassed in the eyes of the washington elite?

This is why I stopped supporting those worthless cowards

CurtisLow
11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
WTF, so let me get this straight, the republicans are voting FOR discussions of impeachment of Cheney and the democrats are voting AGAINST it because they don't want to be embarrassed in the eyes of the washington elite?

Crazy ain't it... :mad:

sirachman
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
thats pretty much exactly right. the deal is that if they dont block the vote somehow there will be a forced one hour debate before they vote on impeachment and the democrats including democratic pres cantidates see it as an embarrassment and dont want to have to discuss it because they will either lose their anti cheney supporters or lose their procheney anti impeachment supporters lol. either way i hope it happens because it may well hurt both sides and help ron paul and kucinich (possible) or who knows it may not do anything.

kylejack
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM

The bill is about to come up for open debate on the floor. The Republicans are trying to de-rail it and send it to a committee before it comes up for debate, where it will never see the light of day again.

nunaem
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
The bill is about to come up for open debate on the floor. The Republicans are trying to de-rail it and send it to a committee before it comes up for debate, where it will never see the light of day again.

Uh, no, its exactly the opposite. The democrats are voting to refer it to the judiciary comitee and the republicans are voting to debate it. :confused: