PDA

View Full Version : LIGHT OF TRUTH: TORTURE DOES NOT WORK (Plus its illegal, anti-American, an un-Christian)

sailingaway
11-13-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/11541/light-of-truth-torture-does-not-work-plus-its-illegal-antiamerican-an-unchristian

by a veteran whose training included waterboarding:

Indeed, while as a Christian I oppose these policies because they are immoral, as believer in personal liberty I oppose these police because they are so dehumanizing that they corrupt the foundation of our national government's foundation for governing, but equally as important, as a military man I am opposed to these policies because they simply do not work - except to provide false information.

Specifically, both GOP Senator John McCain and CIA Director Leon Pentta have made it clear that the use of waterboarding was not successful , and had not assisted the war of terror in capturing Al Qaida or stopping terror in its tracks." Indeed, waterboarding "produced false information" according to GOP Senator McCain.

The fact is that waterboarding was not invented to gather good information. Rather waterboarding was invented to break the will of prisoners. Waterboarding goes all the way back to the Spanish Inquisition. Any student of interrogation techniques will tell you that waterboarding simply does not work at providing valid intelligence information.

For example, contrary to GOP exaggerations, waterboarding did not work did not work against al Qaida terrorists, and waterboarding simply does not work against anybody.

(hyperlinks exist in the original)