PDA

View Full Version : "Evangelicals’ votes remain up for grabs" - Des Moines Register

LibertyIn08
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/11/12/evangelicals-votes-remain-up-for-grabs/

Thanksgiving Family Forum

CANDIDATES: Sitting shoulder to shoulder around a “Thanksgiving table” facing the audience on Saturday will be Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain and Michele Bachmann.
DRESS CODE: Organizer Bob Vander Plaats said the audience attire will be “business casual,” but the candidates were asked “to dress like they’re going to Thanksgiving dinner.”
MODERATORS: Frank Luntz, a Fox News contributor who has turned political focus groups into a speciality, will moderate one hour and 40 minutes of the two-hour program. Officials from two groups will each lead 10-minute segments. Tom Minnery, executive director of CitizenLink, an affiliate of the the Colorado-based Focus on the Family, will do one. Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage, will do the other.
WHEN: Doors open at 2:30 p.m. Organizers are requiring a photo ID for security. The forum runs from 4 to 6 p.m.
WHERE: The audience will sit in pews at the First Federated Church in Des Moines, which has a capacity of 3,400. So far, just over 1,500 people have bought the $40 tickets for the event.
MEDIA: Dozens of political reporters are expected. No major network is booked to do live coverage, but it will be live-streamed at www.citizenlink.com.
FOCUS GROUP: Afterward, Luntz will pull 25 Iowa moms from the audience to do a focus group on their reactions to the candidates. That interview will be part of a special that airs on Fox News on Nov. 23, he said.

Opportunity to make a great presence for Ron here.

bluesc
11-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Frank LuntzFrank LuntzFrank Luntz. No opportunity where Frank Luntz is.

You know what would help with evangelicals? Steve Deace's radio show. Open invite.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes, and I seriously doubt these folks will appreciate it if supporters walk out in the middle.

LibertyIn08
11-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes, and I seriously doubt these folks will appreciate it if supporters walk out in the middle.

+1

Fermli
11-13-2011, 03:32 PM
will this be televised?

LibertyIn08
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
will this be televised?

I've not seen one way or another. This is more important for solidifying any potential evangelical support for the actual caucuses.

seapilot
11-13-2011, 03:52 PM
It would be great if we got 25 RP moms to claim they liked another candidate to co opt Franks focus group.

Crystallas
11-13-2011, 03:54 PM
It would be great if we got 25 RP moms to claim they liked another candidate to co opt Franks focus group.

AWW YEAH!

FreeTraveler
11-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Frank Luntz.

Enough said.

LibertyIn08
11-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Frank Luntz.

Enough said.

This isn't his event alone. Just boycotting it because of him is a ridiculous strategy.

roversaurus
11-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Yes

FreeTraveler
11-13-2011, 04:42 PM
This isn't his event alone. Just boycotting it because of him is a ridiculous strategy.
I didn't say boycott anywhere, did I? OTOH, Ron will already be aware he's going up against the Devil's spawn, so he'll have on the Whole Armor of Truth.

But don't expect anything but marginalization and misdirection.

OTOH, I'm one of those who know enough of Frank Luntz that I'd be tickled pink if Dr. Paul, completely out of character, stepped from behind his podium, kicked that lying, cheating bag of filth's teeth in, and stomped him into the ground before walking off the stage.

Some people deserve the respect you'd grant any normal human being. FU Frank is not one of them.

Eric21ND
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd like to see the Ron Paul contingent out in full force for any event in Iowa. And also on their best behavior, be personable and mingle. Treat everyone as you would treat your mother.

eduardo89
11-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I'd like to see the Ron Paul contingent out in full force for any event in Iowa. And also on their best behavior, be personable and mingle. Treat everyone as you would treat your mother.

Better yet, bring your mother along! And your father, brother, sister, girlfriend, cousins...

LibertyIn08
11-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Better yet, bring your mother along! And your father, brother, sister, girlfriend, cousins...

Exactly.

chri5opher
11-13-2011, 07:33 PM
//

LibertyEagle
11-13-2011, 08:08 PM
but i'm gay..

So what? You still have parents don't you?

Or, are you saying you flame a tad? ;)

eduardo89
11-13-2011, 08:47 PM
but i'm gay..

Your parents disowned you?

seapilot
11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
A key to Iowa is the evangelical voting block. Huck won it in 08, Pat Robertson got it in the 90s.

Romney did not get it in 08, nor McCain. This time Romney will not get it, or Cain, Newt or Perry. The evangelical will vote for the most evangelical candidate which is going to be Santorum or Bachmann. This is from past history. Ron Paul can figure out the best way to reach the evangelicals ,he can win Iowa in a landslide.

parocks
11-14-2011, 04:14 PM
AWW YEAH!

now yall're gettin it

jeremiahj13
11-14-2011, 08:14 PM
just sent some pro-life slim jims to about 30 various churches in Davenport, IA :)