PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain God told me to run, ‘I was like Moses’

Tina
11-13-2011, 12:57 PM
GAG!!

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain says that he was shocked when God told him to run for president.

“Before President Obama took office, I never even conceived or thought of running for president,” Cain told a group of Young Republicans in South Carolina Saturday. “It was only after he took office and I saw his arrogant disregard for the American people that I know that I had to do what I could do. … That when I prayed and prayed and prayed. I’m a man of faith. I had to do a lot of praying for this one.”

“And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses: ‘You’ve got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?’”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/11/13/herman-cain-god-told-me-to-run-i-was-like-moses/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

HOLLYWOOD
11-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Herman Cain is going to HELL for Lying so much to God.

even Google agrees: It's now like 20,000,000 search hits

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/CAIN_LIAR.png

Wren
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
That man has a serious case of narcissism.

PursuePeace
11-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Hmmm. So Cain believes God was telling him to RUN for President... (note he didn't say "to BECOME President" but to RUN for President.)

Perhaps it's just because there is a need for a CONTRASTING backdrop in which to display INTEGRITY, HONESTY, etc. AKA Ron Paul.

Original_Intent
11-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Moses didn't get to the promised land, Herb.

Ron Paul will be Joshua to your "Moses".

ShaneEnochs
11-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Moses didn't get to the promised land, Herb.

Ron Paul will be Joshua to your "Moses".

Hahaha, great post. +rep.

rambone
11-13-2011, 07:51 PM
What other candidates have said the same thing so far? Is it Cain, Bachmann, and Perry so far?

JohnGalt1225
11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Wait, so Cain said he never thought about running for President until AFTER Obama was elected, which was in 2008. Herman Cain ran, if ever so briefly, for President in 2000. So clearly he at least THOUGHT about it before 2008. LIAR.

ShaneEnochs
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Wait, so Cain said he never thought about running for President until AFTER Obama was elected, which was in 2008. Herman Cain ran, if ever so briefly, for President in 2000. So clearly he at least THOUGHT about it before 2008. LIAR.

He clearly forgot.

smartguy911
11-13-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.caintruth.com/

mrsparex
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
? but God told me to vote for Ron Paul? I bet he'll tell HC to vote for Ron too!
...now THAT'S confusing?

BlackTerrel
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
There is nothing funny about talking to God. Ron Paul seeks Jesus Christ guidance in every decision he makes.

amy31416
11-13-2011, 08:47 PM
There is nothing funny about talking to God. Ron Paul seeks Jesus Christ guidance in every decision he makes.

Is so funny.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Previously, Herman Cain said that God told him to run because of a coincidence of when he was thinking about it and his granddaughter sent him a message on the cell phone.

That's not much God in that, more like imagination.

Since Herman Cain has repeatadly used the race to lie, insult others, and commit other sins, I don't believe it. And of course, God is telling me something else - not about who is winning, but who is sinning, and to stear away from it.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2KqwYfhFN0

"Herman Cain explains to Bryan Fischer how God spoke to him through his granddaughter to encourage him to run for president." (its even less than that if you look at the youtube).

Pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last minute issue right here.

Vain imagination and coincidences should not be confused with God.

low preference guy
11-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Did Moses ask his advisers what to do before deciding anything?

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Here's the eulogy for my father I posted for my father a few months ago on Daily Paul. I buried him 9-11 on 2001 after praying for justice.
http://www.dailypaul.com/178178/sept-11-2001-eulogy-for-my-father

I don't believe that was God answering my prayers. I do believe God might have allowed me to bury my father that day so I could give a eulogy ten years later and remember him with kindness with people with similar beliefs.

Friend, if I believe that is a coincidence, Herman Cain has no business telling people that God told him to do something because a cell message from his daughter happened to match his thinking. That is just wrong to tell people something like that. It is vanity. Things matching your heart or thoughts is nothing. People who deceive themselves do that all the time.

Bruno
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM

It is not talking TO God that is the issue. It is that he says God replied and told him to specifically run for President, that is the questionable part.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
It is not talking TO God that is the issue. It is that he says God replied and told him to specifically run for President, that is the questionable part.

Look at the youtube of Herman Cain's interview from earlier this year that I posted above. It is considerably less than that, which means it is being made to seem other than what it is.

Nor has Herman Cain said God told him to tell other people that, which he is. God doesn't want us to accept other people based on prophecy like this, but use his Word. Yet here, Cain is telling people they ought to be for him because God said so in so many words. This is the third candidate that has done this. Clearly, different gods because they don't agree.

Don't know how many times God has let me know something, that I did *not* tell people that God told me to tell you! (when God hasn't), because people should be free to make up their own minds with God as their guide. There's wrong here I'm not explaining, but it makes me want to open up a Bible to give Cain a good piece of God's actual word. You might encourage people with timely scripture, but this isn't that.

Cutlerzzz
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Wait, so Cain said he never thought about running for President until AFTER Obama was elected, which was in 2008. Herman Cain ran, if ever so briefly, for President in 2000. So clearly he at least THOUGHT about it before 2008. LIAR.God must have talked to him twice.

BlackTerrel
11-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

I assume if Ron Paul seeks His guidance he also gets replies.

I can name 100 things I disagree with Cain and to be 100% honest he is probably by least favorite of all the Republicans. But his faith is not one of those things.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 09:34 PM
God must have talked to him twice.

Good catch that. I'll look at it awhile later if this keeps going on, and write something about it.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

I can name 100 things I disagree with Cain and to be 100% honest he is probably by least favorite of all the Republicans. But his faith is not one of those things.

There is nothing in the Bible that says you have to believe in a coincidence if it matches your heart or what you are thinking of at the moment.

That is *NOT* my faith. Nor yours either I suspect. I think we ought to pray for Herman Cain. I'm not convinced he's even saved after all this. The Bible does not say to believe everyone who says they are saved, but to beware of wolves in sheeps clothing, and to test the spirits.

Coincidences like this are alot like a type of divination, which God says not to do. I should know, I've spent a lot of time getting over it myself and regret it.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

BlackTerrel
11-13-2011, 10:58 PM
There is nothing in the Bible that says you have to believe in a coincidence if it matches your heart or what you are thinking of at the moment.

That is *NOT* my faith. Nor yours either I suspect. I think we ought to pray for Herman Cain. I'm not convinced he's even saved after all this. The Bible does not say to believe everyone who says they are saved, but to beware of wolves in sheeps clothing, and to test the spirits.

Coincidences like this are alot like a type of divination, which God says not to do. I should know, I've spent a lot of time getting over it myself and regret it.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's not my job to say if Herman Cain is saved, or you are saved, or Ron Paul is saved. That's not my call to make and I'd never be so arrogant.

Herman Cain says he talks to God. Ron Paul says the same thing. I don't ridicule that.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's not my job to say if Herman Cain is saved, or you are saved, or Ron Paul is saved. That's not my call to make and I'd never be so arrogant.

Herman Cain says he talks to God. Ron Paul says the same thing. I don't ridicule that.

We ought to pray for people who aren't saved. It is not necessary to decide that Herman Cain is saved or not to pray for him. You can simply ask God to save him if he needs to be saved, or to keep him from being a fool or hypocrite if he needs that. God already knows what he needs, if anything. Praying FOR someone is not judging them, and you don't need to exert a truth to pray for someone. God knows the truth, you just need to ask.

As someone stated earlier in the thread, Herman Cain did not say that he talks to God. He said God told him something, which he is now telling us.

The Bible commands us to not believe every spirit, but to test it, and not to believe every sheep, but beware of wolves. It is impossible to listen to someone make that claim, without following the Bible in what to do when people make such claims.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 11:26 PM
This is God speaking to Herman Cain again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2KqwYfhFN0

Looking at the Bible, I see absolutely no reason to believe that that is true. In fact, it sounds dangerous considering how little it seems to be actually based on. Than he goes on and doubts it in the very next sentence - I have to at least try.. etc. like it may not be true.

I have a better criteria for who should run for president. I read the Bible, and I see the majority of candidates, including Herman Cain, propose violating principles found in it. And I didn't need to believe in vain imagination and lying spirits to do it either.

rambone
11-13-2011, 11:36 PM
TARP was the biggest heist in the history of the world.

Thou shall not steal, Herman.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-13-2011, 11:41 PM
What other candidates have said the same thing so far? Is it Cain, Bachmann, and Perry so far?

I think so. I've been praying about it to the Lord each time it comes up. Men think they get by with appearances to others, but the problem is, God is the one that actually rules! and God answers our prayers. Better to be rich in Him. If I glory in anything, let me glory in the Lord.

2Corinthians 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

VanBummel
11-13-2011, 11:54 PM
God must have talked to him twice.
The campain will clear this up.
http://static.bangordailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/mark-block-250x250.jpg
It's simple, Herman just forgot, but now he has remembered. Also someone informed him that God talked to him in 2000, and Herman clearly stated that he has been spoken to twice by God. What sort of liberal gotcha insinuation was that? Are you Rick Perry? 999.

milo10
11-14-2011, 05:49 AM
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain says that he was shocked when God told him to run for president.

He doesn't really say how God told him though. Email? Postcard? Candygram?

jkob
11-14-2011, 07:21 AM
The art project rolls on