PDA

View Full Version : Time for Ron Paul to announce his Foreign Policy Team.

RDM
11-13-2011, 12:06 PM
I think its time for Ron to put together his Foreign Policy Team and announce it publicly. The reason I say that is Ron is one person. He can't be everywhere at all times. His message on foreign affairs is being lost due to media bias. If he were to assemble his team, they could help the campaign by being his voice. Each member of that team can appear on television interviews, print interviews and of course could make campaign appearances and make public speaking engagements at venues throughout the US to convey his message. This way he has a full team knowledgeable on foreign affairs and possibly put the public at ease and bring them into the fold.

RDM
11-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Welcome your feedback on this.

Feeding the Abscess
11-13-2011, 05:42 PM
A team costs money. What do you propose the campaign funnel money from to accomplish this goal?

RDM
11-13-2011, 06:48 PM
A team costs money. What do you propose the campaign funnel money from to accomplish this goal?

Maybe I'm missing something. If these were the ones that accepted to be on his staff after election, would they have to be paid now? I would think if they accepted to be a part of the staff, they would graciously help promote his candidacy. Am I wrong in this thinking? If I am. someone correct me.

tribute_13
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a job for Michael Scheuer.

BUSHLIED
11-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Ron needs to get a nice back-drop at a military base and give a FP speech to the troops...

GeorgiaAvenger
11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
You're right, we need it, but it won't be easy.

OP, who is on your team?

RDM
11-14-2011, 12:11 AM
You're right, we need it, but it won't be easy.

OP, who is on your team?

Is this question directed to me?

Jingles
11-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Michael Scheuer as Defense Secretary? Or some other position?

Does anyone have a problem with Jon Huntsman being ambassador to China again or some minor role in one of the cabinets? I don't agree with him on everything, but he seems like a nice enough guy and he actually seems to have his head on straight regarding foreign policy for the most part.

I'd say Paul Craig Roberts and Pat Buchanan for something, but he would probably be way to "controversial" to get passed the Senate. If Karen Kwiatkowski wasn't running for congress she would be perfect for any position regarding foreign policy. Bruce Fein will end up somewhere (I can never really think of where he should go because he is insanely knowledgeable on everything...). I would be okay with Dennis Kucinich being somewhere in the administration as well. I think Tom Woods would be pretty good in one of those positions as well (considering his knowledge of history in regards to foreign policy), but then again I think Tom Woods would be a great Press Secretary.

I'm trying to think of all the former Reagan era or Republican people that were in cabinets that endorse a non-interventionist foreign policy. Doesn't hurt to have some people with experience in those positions as long as they agree with us.

I know Ron Paul will pick all the right people for the jobs so I don't worry too much. All I want is for Peter Schiff to be Treasury Secretary and then he can pick whoever he wants for other positions.

Feeding the Abscess
11-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Maybe I'm missing something. If these were the ones that accepted to be on his staff after election, would they have to be paid now? I would think if they accepted to be a part of the staff, they would graciously help promote his candidacy. Am I wrong in this thinking? If I am. someone correct me.

Oh. Thought you meant as a part of his campaign team.

If Kwiatkowski doesn't make it into the House, I nominate her for Secretary of Defense. I want Scheuer nowhere near the DoD or the CIA, he created the rendition and torture programs our government excitedly carries out. Fein for Secretary of State, probably.

Raimondo for Press Secretary, unless Woods is willing to do it.

Paulitics 2011
11-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a job for Michael Scheuer.

This.

+ Lots of credibility points.

ZanZibar
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Bruce Fein is a Senior Adviser to the campaign

gunnysmith
12-12-2011, 02:29 PM
We can start with the fifties theme of "Saving the World From Communism", All the "Police Actions" accomplished nothing.
Those nations all fell or changed internal policy due to the weight of their own debt, not the because of intervention America tried to impose.
Korea being the only exception. That, other than China's support, has yet to play out.
Supporting Dictators around the world has not accomplished other than hatred for America.

Paulitics 2011
12-12-2011, 07:52 PM
We can start with the fifties theme of "Saving the World From Communism", All the "Police Actions" accomplished nothing.
Those nations all fell or changed internal policy due to the weight of their own debt, not the because of intervention America tried to impose.
Korea being the only exception. That, other than China's support, has yet to play out.
Supporting Dictators around the world has not accomplished other than hatred for America.

Team, not theme.

gunnysmith
12-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Couldn't find a team theme slot.