PDA

View Full Version : CBS mods did exactly what they were told to do in this debate

ctiger2
11-13-2011, 11:29 AM
The last thing the establishment wanted was for Ron to express his viewpoints (same as lots of americans) on foreign policy and have the rest of the GOP candidates vehemently attack him on national TV for it. This would've given Ron much much more face time and probably created some excellent inspirational soundbite clips and the people watching would've seen the obvious difference between Ron and the rest of them. From the status quo viewpoint, it was a no-brainer for them to just ignore him and hope he didn't stir up any excitement.

Revolution9
11-13-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree with this assessment. He was still able to launch some truth bombs. They can't stand it. He opens his mouth and their doom gets spelled every time.

Rev9

agorist ninja
11-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Exactly right. These questions are all planned out well in advance. One question to Ron was entirely CBS' intent.

sailingaway
11-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Even when they asked the down the line question of whether he would make a preemptive strike to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, for Ron they said 'Thirty seconds!'

coastie
11-13-2011, 11:49 AM
I am sure it is too late to now hope that any emails re: Ron Paul will be leaked, surely those have been disappeared by now.

I am fully aware there is an agenda here, and this is no accident. Question is -why has no one in the MSM come out about this? It seems unfathomable to me that these types of people could keep there mouths shut, and there are a lot of them.:confused:

Scary part is I'm reading (and hearing in person) comments like "Well, if you're not pollin' well, then you shouldn't get more speaking time":confused::confused:

What is it, exactly, that people love about this country again? I can't seem to figure it out anymore.:(

ZanZibar
11-13-2011, 11:51 AM
The news orgs have flow charts and scenario plans so that if one candidate says x they will then go to candidate y for a reaction or a different question. The candidates practice for the debate, but the mods do too. The entire thing is scripted.

Travlyr
11-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I am sure it is too late to now hope that any emails re: Ron Paul will be leaked, surely those have been disappeared by now.

I am fully aware there is an agenda here, and this is no accident. Question is -why has no one in the MSM come out about this? It seems unfathomable to me that these types of people could keep there mouths shut, and there are a lot of them.:confused:

Scary part is I'm reading (and hearing in person) comments like "Well, if you're not pollin' well, then you shouldn't get more speaking time":confused::confused:

What is it, exactly, that people love about this country again? I can't seem to figure it out anymore.:( Some are blind, but others know what they are doing. Mainly, the reason the media shills don't come out against their bosses is because their bread is buttered with sweet creamy Irish butter. They are making boat loads of money.

The Young Turk did come out. As the year progresses, I imagine, you'll see more and more of them defect.

moderate libertarian
11-13-2011, 11:58 AM
The last thing the establishment wanted was for Ron to express his viewpoints (same as lots of americans) on foreign policy and have the rest of the GOP candidates vehemently attack him on national TV for it. This would've given Ron much much more face time and probably created some excellent inspirational soundbite clips and the people watching would've seen the obvious difference between Ron and the rest of them. From the status quo viewpoint, it was a no-brainer for them to just ignore him and hope he didn't stir up any excitement.

Makes lot of sense.

ZanZibar
11-13-2011, 01:20 PM
CBS News Contact Information

CBS News Desk: (888) 227-8900; (212) 975-1115; (212) 975-3615

Howard Arenstein, Executive Producer, at (202) 457-4561 or ArensteinH@cbsnews.com

Harvey Nagler, VP, News
212 975 2685; Email: hna@cbsnews.com

Jim Jones, VP
301 628 2510; Email: jjones@westwoodone.com

Beth Robinson, V.P., Broadcast Operations
212 975 2044; Email Beth_Robinson@westwoodone.com

Constance Lloyd, General Manager
212 975 3257; Email cl1@cbsnews.com

Howard Arenstein, Washington Bureau Chief
202 457 4561; Email HAX@cbsnews.com
Contact Howard about daily news coverage in Washington, D.C. and Weekend Roundup

Aliah Git, Executive Editor
212 975 7730, Email: gita@cbsnews.com
Contact Aliah about daily news coverage and special events

Charlie Kaye, Executive Producer
212 975 3791; Email cka@cbsnews.com
Contact Charlie about daily news coverage and special events

Linda Coombs, Manager of Operations
212 975 6952; Email: lco@cbsnews.com

Craig Swagler, Special Events, Executive Producer
212 975 7631; Fax 212 975 7632; Email swaglerc@cbsnews.com
Contact Craig to arrange special events coverage, planning and credentials

Ingrid Belqaid, Newsroom Coordinator
212 975 9424; Email ihu@cbsnews.com
Contact Ingrid for payments, story research, CBS art and logos, and 60 Minutes information

Phil Chin, Producer, Osgood File
212 975 2874; Email: pchin@cbs.com

Central Control / Broadcast Operations
212-975-2021