PDA

View Full Version : We need to learn a lesson here:

rutgerscamdenYAL
11-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry to be redundant and start another thread as there have been tons of threads popping up since last nights debate. However, there is something we need to do immediately, and that is stop paying so much attention to the media. We know how they are , and to be honest, it is not going to change. No matter how much we complain and have BTO money bombs. What we need to do is start MOBILIZING! Get boots on the ground.

Yesterday, I attended a Campaign Bootcamp held by the Leadership Institute and the instructor made a very, very good point. He stated:

It is common that Republicans are often outspent by large margins by their opponent Democrats, but they win because of one very key reason, they are better organized and mobilized. "Face to face campaigning wins elections" Essentially, they have boots on the ground. I've seen several post on this message board that are encouraging because we are finally starting to realize that no matter how big our money bombs are and no matter how passionate we are, it won't win anything unless we are face to face in person with voters. Maybe we can have a fund raising effort to give volunteers the funds necessary to canvas Iowa, NH etc. The campaign instructor also told me that he was in South Carolina last weekend helping the RP campaign and "SC had the most passionate supporters of any state he has seen". Found that interesting.

Once again, sorry to be redundant but it's time we come to grips with the fact that the media will never change, no matter how loud we shot or complain. Let's focus our attention on getting the funds necessary to have our passionate supporters put to work in the important early states of Iowa NH SC etc!

justatrey
11-13-2011, 10:44 AM
I agree that those who are cut out for canvassing certainly should do so. But do so after you have donated as much as possible to the campaign.

We need to come to grips with the fact that Ron has told us that donating is the #1 thing we can do to help him win. Period. They have told us how much they need, and we're currently coming up short.

Black This Out wasn't about trying to change the media. We aren't delusional. They won't change. It was about recognizing the fact that everyone is pissed off about the bias, and turning that anger into exactly what Ron Paul needs to win: MONEY.

I'm with you on the fact that it doesn't help to sit around and bitch about the media. But recognizing the fact that people are pissed off and using that to our advantage is completely different.

ChrisDixon
11-13-2011, 10:46 AM
While I disagree about forgetting about the media, I agree with everything else you said. We need to continue to push back when we're kicked down, but our focus on boots on the ground needs to be bigger. I've helped out with a number of campaigns out here and through them, met many who have been doing this longer than I've been alive.

The common piece of advice: Nothing beats face-to-face campaigning. Door to door, specifically, works wonders.

asurfaholic
11-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Where can i find resources to learn how to go door to door?

ninepointfive
11-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Where can i find resources to learn how to go door to door?

The task of a Precinct Captain for the campaign is easy and does not require an extensive time commitment. Simply find and recruit five Ron Paul supporters within your neighborhood precinct. That's it! The campaign will even teach you how to successfully talk to voters and give you walking/calling lists. Click here to become a Precinct Captain today! http://ronpaul2012.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d2b41711ca8ac61c09d8ea745&id=4c140c4f4e&e=ea638b347f

Edit: the link posted is for Colorado. I'd search for your state on the campaign website

rutgerscamdenYAL
11-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Should have worded that differently, didn't literally mean "quit" with the media. Just meant we shouldn't let it get the best of us like this even though it is frustrating. I wish we could establish a liaison here with the grassroots and the campaign. Maybe select a few individuals in each of the early caucus states and set them up with an account with funds and a plan to mobilize volunteers.